Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Should Young Justice be adapted into the new 52?

Yes! Definitely!!!!
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

I rather see some ideas of Young Justice like Bumbleebee being connected to the Atom make it into the nu52 rather than a young justice book.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    For me, most of the time those kind of books are executed poorly. Exceptions being Giffen's JLI and Miller's Batgirl.
    Can't know if it's executed well if no one tries. Anyway, have you read the original Young Justice comic? I thought it was great.
    Story By Story- Story Circle of the Capital Region.

My own Youtube account, stories and public library use tips.

How can there be a Young Justice comic when there are already one based on the animated one? Plus isn't Young Justice (animated) basically Teen Titans but more connected to JL. Wouldn't it just be easy to have a team like Titans or Outsiders be the same as the animated Young Justice team (as in covert team to JL).

Also i would like to add that while what Holmes said is true, isn't a bit unfair to compare something that's only had 8 issues while Young Justice is on its second season. Or do people usually compare an issue of comic to 4 episodes of animated show?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AdamYJ View Post
    Can't know if it's executed well if no one tries. Anyway, have you read the original Young Justice comic? I thought it was great.
    I'm a big fan of the original Young Justice. What I'm suggesting, doesn't necessarily have to be as serious as the cartoon, which isn't even as serious as the death games going on in Teen Titans right now. More, it's the idea of setting up a team format that lets you incorporate lots of characters the way the cartoon does now.

Quote Originally Posted by Roldan View Post
    Also i would like to add that while what Holmes said is true, isn't a bit unfair to compare something that's only had 8 issues while Young Justice is on its second season. Or do people usually compare an issue of comic to 4 episodes of animated show?
    I'm comparing the Invasion story arc that just started to the Culling arc, which also just started.

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

No. I like the current Titans and my legacy characters on the team. And I this might be the first time in recorded history I've disagreed with Mr Holmes. Must be a skrull.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Meh, i've had enough of serious business teams. And despite all the awesomeness, YJ is pretty serious business.

I'd rather get a teen team book where the team is just friends teaming up and beating up bad guys, traveling around the world and generally hanging out. A roster like this would be great.

Squee. Squee. MOAR squee. Want MOAR of this team. That way DC can take even more of my money.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Quote Originally Posted by vampiric_cannibal View Post
    No. I like the current Titans and my legacy characters on the team. And I this might be the first time in recorded history I've disagreed with Mr Holmes. Must be a skrull.

Squee. Squee. MOAR squee. Want MOAR of this team. That way DC can take even more of my money.
    But in the new DC-

2 of those young ladies don't exist right now. Stephanie could be around unlike the other one who would have to have have father roaming around to be born.

Static is a MAGNET for bad writers and editors. They have done everything to bury him and insult his fans.

So that version you won't see. A Young Justice book could work if you move them away from everyone else and let them stand on their own. Maybe have them all attending the same school (not X-Men Evolution like) and be heroes with family lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Meh, i've had enough of serious business teams. And despite all the awesomeness, YJ is pretty serious business.

I'd rather get a teen team book where the team is just friends teaming up and beating up bad guys, traveling around the world and generally hanging out. A roster like this would be great.

Girly Impulse is so ADORABLE
    "That's how it happened on Earth 141 where BOTA was written by Headmasters Claremont, Milligan and Carey." - Jarrod

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    But in the new DC-

2 of those young ladies don't exist right now. Stephanie could be around unlike the other one who would have to have have father roaming around to be born.

Static is a MAGNET for bad writers and editors. They have done everything to bury him and insult his fans.

So that version you won't see. A Young Justice book could work if you move them away from everyone else and let them stand on their own. Maybe have them all attending the same school (not X-Men Evolution like) and be heroes with family lives.
    Yeah I don't understand the point of suggesting an alternative that's much less plausible of DC doing. It doesn't really address the point of the thread at all.

And I always hated the idea of Wally's daughter being rapid aged, leave alone the fact that making her Impulse defeats the whole purpose of that name.

It's just a suggestion of team members i'd like to see. That's all. It doesnt have to be all of them. Steph could be Spoiler, or not in the team at all.

But what's the point of this thread? We already have 100 iterations of the JL, and we also have Stormwatch, Team 7 (or whatever team Arrow is joining), the Titans, the Ravagers and i'm sure i'm forgetting more teams. I'd rather cut down on teams than add more.

But yeah, i'd rather have YJ than the Ravagers or the current Titans which i dont enjoy at all.

BANNED

The suggestion in the OP was to restructure the Teen Titans the way it is done on the cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    The suggestion in the OP was to restructure the Teen Titans the way it is done on the cartoon.
    Do you mean in terms of story? Where it stands alone by itself despite folks expecting certain heroes to pop up or get mentioned? Or in terms of story where what made them popular in the first place-good stories without killing or butchering folks.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Do you mean in terms of story? Where it stands alone by itself despite folks expecting certain heroes to pop up or get mentioned? Or in terms of story where what made them popular in the first place-good stories without killing or butchering folks.
    I would lean towards that last part, myself.

Well, if you mean "Should DC re-spec the Titans or a similar team into something akin to the show in order to bring those fans into comics?" then yeah I think it would be a good idea.

I'm all for cross marketing. I'm sure most of us got into comics thanks to cartoons, or movies, or video games. Future generations are no different and with the industry in the state it's in, they need to do all they can to get new readers and keep established readers excited. Given the popularity of the show, I wonder why DC has not done it already.

And yes, we do have a Johnny DC YJ title, but that's left way out in the Johnny DC world, completely removed from the regular DCU.

If DC were to take the format of the show, tweak it here and there to fit it into the DCU and then market that, then I figure it would help bring in the cartoon's fans into the comics fold. Yeah, some things will be different. Costumes and some identities (Robin, Kid Flash) will be different. But the kids picking up the comic due to the cartoon dont care about that. They might scratch their heads a little bit but all they want is to be entertained. They dont care about continuity or who is under the mask. So if the comic is quality the kids will enjoy it, and end up branching out into different titles. Just like we all did once.

Didn't we have a discussion like this not too long ago? I seem to recall saying the same thing then.

So I guess if Holmes is a Skrull, so am I. Time to go burn down the Baxter Building!

BANNED

I would be okay with it.

A Young Justice title could serve as an answer to Avengers Academy where older heroes from the Justice League train younger ones to learn how to be better, while the Teen Titans title would serve as a book for rebellious teenagers who don't want to be controlled.