Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by slvn View Post
    Outside,

I think you just have a different perspective from some of us, because you come (I think?) from a country where there's not such a history of skin color being attached to bigotry and oppression. In America, because we have that unfortunate part of our history, the way different people think about what it means to be a "person of color," or whatever, isn't just about pigmentation and optics; it's about history and social identities and acknowledging inequities.
    I do and perhaps my skin is thicker in that regard than you, so I'll apologies if I appear insensitive about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    But closer to the actual topic. What other Earth 2 ladies would you all like to see? I'd like to see them bring Stargirl back.
    Yeah, I'd like Courtney Whitmore to appear. That said, I want her to be an adult and called Starwoman, with the staff and welder's goggles. That's been shown in several books, Starman and Young Justice in particular, so it would be nice to see that play out. She'd also be subbing for Ted Knight in the Society like Hawkgirl, which would even it out a bit.

I'd like to see Lightning/Jennifer Pierce as Black Lightning instead. I just think that would be cool.

Also Natasha Irons as Steel, because I doubt she'll go that direction on Prime Earth and she's always been interesting. Maybe change the name to Citizen Steel, for the callback?

Kate Spencer/Manhunter better appear, as that would be the only place I see her fitting and she's awesomeness incarnate. Especially if a more pulp take on her were done; the smoking hard-ass single career-woman femme fatale type. She'd be a good Black Canary stand in.

Inza Nelson was Doctor Fate half the time anyway, so I'd have her be that again.

I always loved Sasha Bordeux, it would be cool to see her as a spy from Checkmate sent to infiltrate the Justice Society. Kind of a cyborg Black Widow. She could be Sentinel or Omac, I suppose.

Phantom Lady always rocked under Robinson's pen, and now he isn't tied to that ridiculous stripper costume. I bet she'll appear at some stage.

Rocket was a great sidekick, but I'd like to see her out of Icon's shadow more. Earth 2 would be good for that.

I also want Ma Hunkel/Red Tornado but with the powers of Cyclone and a red version of the Wicked Witch-inspired getup.

There's a lot more heroines I could mention, but most are taken on Prime Earth, which means they won't be on Earth 2. I want to see Renee Montoya as the Question, for example, but she's still in Batwoman so I doubt she'll appear. (Natasha Irons only had a cameo, so dismiss that as unimportant.) And that's not to talk of villains...

I like the idea of using Aleka. Not much else to say there... ginger pride?
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I do and perhaps my skin is thicker in that regard than you, so I'll apologies if I appear insensitive about this.
    If you're apologizing to me, there's absolutely no need at all. I'm kind of surprised if I sound thin-skinned to you; I'm just saying its only natural that people from different places, with different histories in regard to race, would have different perspectives on this,

Some interesting questions and theories here. It would make sense to me if the 'last Amazon' is Wonder Woman's child - especially since Earth-2 Batman was old enough to have Helena as his daughter. So maybe we'll see Hippolyta "Lyta" Trevor again. It would also fit in with previous Earth-2 continuity which Robinson does seem to be following up to a point.

But he's also giving things a new twist . . . so what if 'Fury' is Wonder Woman's son. That might make an interesting dynamic for the Earth-2 trinity. Power Girl, Huntress and (a male) Fury.

Although hopefully not like this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LadyWonderWarrior.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	93082

It could, of course, be Donna Troy. The one thing I still don't get about Flashpoint is how the (relatively) small history changes made during that series resulted in such massive changes in Earth-Prime and all the other Earth's too. Why would Donna Troy end up on Earth-2 as a result of flashpoint?

I am really enjoying Earth-2 and Worlds' Finest though!

Ha, that Wonder Man costume. SO LAME! It's like they thought "%$# it, just use the same one and make him wear a body stocking underneath. They'll never notice he's cross-dressing." This should be one of Warren Ellis' art challenges. Seriously...

Oh, and I'm going to add Goldstar, the sister of Booster Gold to the list. On Earth 2, the other sibling is the Doctor Who with a force-field. And we could have Skeets!
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

Veteran Member

Wasn't there a rumor a while ago that two major characters were going to have a child together and then die, and the child would become an important character? It seemed like a totally unsubstantiated rumor at the time--but what if the last Amazon is also the last Kryptonian? (Not counting Power Girl, since she's on another earth.) Earth 2 Superman and Wonder Woman could have had a daughter together before Superman married Lois. The daughter's aging could have been accelerated somehow.

OK, still totally unsubstantiated--just a thought. :)

A couple of things, not being the last Amazon just seems to point to either Donna Troy or Fury. I would guess Fury due to her connections to Earth Two but the absense of Donna does leave her open for use. Like someone said, maybe Donna finally settles on a heroic name, Fury. I was actually more interested in the meeting of Hawkgirl and Hawkman. Love across alternate earths would be a first.