Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thats what I was thinking. Even though it wasnt obvious there were a lot of clues this early on to point at one character which makes him less likely to be the mystery person in the end. But then maybe it was just subtle enough not to be seen by most.
    Reading: The Walking Dead, Morning Glories, Saga, Batman, Hawkeye, The Wake, superman unchained, avengers AI, xmen
    LiamWUL Games Development

Liking this book so far. Seems to get better with each read. Great Blind Melon moment there!

McCann needs to be on more books. Namely Hawkeye ones.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

I blind-bought this book based on the strength of the cover, so I didn't really know what to expect going in. - I liked it (as I like most Image stuff I pick up). I've always been into paranormal/strangeness type stuff as well as conspiracy stuff and this book has both of those things, so thematically I was already on board. Some of the characters seem a bit one-dimensional, even the ones I like but the artwork was pleasing to look at and I definitely liked the size of the book versus its cover price. Very eager to sit back and see where it goes.
    I knew I'd bury you one day, you sanctimonious, self-righteous pain! -- Lex Luthor

Quote Originally Posted by Regino View Post
    I didn't like this book. The art was really good as expected, but the story isn't engaging. I thought the musical ringtones were corny. I also didn't like any of the characters. This reads like a murder mystery, which is not my cup of tea.
    Lol! The only reason i picked this book up is because the only thing i read about called it a "supernatural agatha christie". It pretty much IS a murder mystery.

Welcome to the Future. HeroxMatt2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Walsh06 View Post
    Thats what I was thinking. Even though it wasnt obvious there were a lot of clues this early on to point at one character which makes him less likely to be the mystery person in the end. But then maybe it was just subtle enough not to be seen by most.
    Yeah, I think it may be a red herring because it was so obvious. He also wore a blue hoodie (like the culprit) and he was soaking wet (since it was raining outside) and he just came from the subway (where Elle had been assaulted). It also clues us in on her double page spread that she knew her attacker... he's also left the hospital just before we cut to another scene with the culprit using his fake deer. Coincidence?
    You are an apocalypse dreaming of butterflies
    and
    we are a patchwork of miracles.

I really liked this comic. The art is spot on and the story is engaging enough for me. My only complaint, though a big one for me, is the last part with the latino guy. Since I'm mexican I was reading the spanish parts and found some grammatical and syntaxical errors. I can overlook them not putting the written accent, since it's meant for english, but they call the guy "Estaban" first (which isn't a name but rather the translation of "they were") and then "Esteban". Then saying "El Dios calls" which is like saying "The God calls", which is nonsensical. Not a major issue, but it does bother me that they put a token latino and don't care enough to get it right.

Eh it had pretty art but I can't say It grabbed my interest that much. And besides I already read a few mind screw comics I don't think I need to add another.

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaronK View Post
    I hadn't read any reviews before it came out. The hype I heard was from all the industry people talking about series on Twitter and Facebook, making it sound like it was this year's most important release or something...
    meh thats more in the lines with Saga
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by grizla View Post
    Lol! The only reason i picked this book up is because the only thing i read about called it a "supernatural agatha christie". It pretty much IS a murder mystery.
    I get that, but I don't think it was well done. I really didn't care about the main character. She's in a come, but there is no real threat to her. I guess someone is coming to kill her, yet I didn't feel any foreboding.
    Pot+Kettle - "This post went so full retard that it had to be quoted."

Only thing i think about when reading the title, is the annoying voice in the London underground.

I thought it was just okay. The pacing is very slow, which is fine, but I didn't feel like enough happened. So much time is spent building the emotional story and i felt like I still didn't understand the point of the book. Too many loose threads. Still, it has potential. You're right tho i don't get all the hype. I reviewed it at my link in the signature.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Welcome to the Future. HeroxMatt2.0's Avatar

I love that Mind the Gap was a double-sized first issue. They should have more of those.
    You are an apocalypse dreaming of butterflies
    and
    we are a patchwork of miracles.

I got everything I wanted out of this issue. I want to be completely confused at the beginning.

A bit overrated.

For all the hype, the first issue was pretty average. I'll give it another shot.