Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Number_5 View Post
    Wow, a lot of your comic shops are kind of strict with the free comics. My LCS lets you choose whichever 5 you want, no purchase necessary. My gf and I teamed up and picked 10.
    I understand why some shops do them. These comics are free to us but the shop owners pay for them.

A very generous person just offered to give me a copy of the Mouseguard comic
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

My shop loses money on it too, lot of parents from the local college (Dartmouth) bring their kids in and take as many free comics as they can grab (one of each, guess my shop's less restrictive) and then they leave without buying anything. Most don't even take a courtesy look around before booking it with their loot. The Newbury Comics down the street (for those not familiar, mostly a music/hipster clothing and accessories store that has a small rack of comics despite the name) lets anybody take any amount they like, and usually they're out by 11 am (sadly mostly people grabbing piles of 10-20 to put on ebay).

I wanted the Buffy/Guild book, but didn't get it. I planned on getting there right when the shop opened, but I got there a little late because of other commitments, so I don't know if they even had it. My shop allowed 10 books, one copy of each per person, though, so there was no shortage of other stuff to pick up. I was really surprised at how good the Mega Man comic is. I bought a bunch of stuff, too, although for some weird reason they're having a big sale next week, not this week.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 05-06-2012 at 08:59 PM.

Atomic Robo all the way! More people should be reading this book.

If anyone missed them, the Buffy/Guild and Star Wars/Serenity books are available for free on Dark Horse Digital. Atomic Robo and a number of other FCBD offerings are on Comixology. And Dinosaurs Vs. Aliens is available on Comics +.