The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Default Best Hulk as *hero* moments?

For most of his history, the Incredible Hulk has been portrayed as a menace (albeit a misunderstood and misguided one rather than a truly malicious one) more often than as a hero, but in the new AVENGERS movie, he came quite close to being portrayed in pure hero mode.

From his nearly fifty years in the comics, however, what are the best/most memorable moments of the Hulk as a world-/humanity-saving hero, wherein his awesome strength was humanity's saving grace rather than its feared menace?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    faze (v.): to cause to be disturbed or disconcerted; to stun

phase (n.):
    a stage in a process of change or development

Get it right, people.

Default A few times I can think of...

Marvel Team-Up Annual #2 - Spider-Man goads the Hulk into destroying two lethal spheres that were set to destroy Earth. The Hulk uses his incredible strength to launch the spheres into orbit.

Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #4 - If it wasn't for his superior strength alone (and the prodding of Mr. Fantastic and Thor coming to the rescue) the world would have lost many a hero. No doubt the world would have been a much bleaker place if not for the Hulk's heroic save.

The Pantheon Saga - Hulk was given a change to help change the world. And, he chose it. Too bad things eventually fell apart.

Prelude to Planet Hulk - Hulk was given a chance to save Earth by destroying a HYDRA space station. Too bad his friends are @$$holes.

Planet Hulk - There are a few moments during this that he saved the world. The world of Sakaar. A couple that stand out for me are when Hulk allowed those parasitic alien things (does this make me a terrible Hulk and comic fan because I can't recall their specific name??? :P) to siphon his power so they could be on their way home. The other was when the Red Jerk...I mean, King flushed Sakaar with lava(?) and the Hulk jumped into the lava (ala Goku from Dragonball Z :P) and held tectonic plates together to save red bee-hind.

World War Hulk - The Hulk was going to destroy Earth (eastern seaboard), but decided against it, thus saving humanity. :P

Dark Son of the Incredible World of Hulk...s War - (I think) Hulk saved Earth (and the Microverse???) from from his dark bastard son, but, like, nobody gives a ***.
    Last edited by Hulk_Is; 05-04-2012 at 10:50 PM. Reason: having too much fun. :D
    Marvel : Moon Knight, Savage Hulk (6/25), Original Sin (5/7)

DC : Aquaman, Aquaman & the Others

The above post has a pretty cool list and I'd like to add:

1.Heart of the Atom - Hulk as Conan the Barbarian basically.

2. Pardoned - The whole story deals with Hulk becoming accepted by the hero community.
    Be of service to all Comic Book readers and sign: http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...tBlackPanther/

I can't remember the issue off the top of my head and I'm too tired to look it up at the moment, but in one of his battles with the Leader he basically jumps on a nuclear missile and forces it away from civilian population.

There are also the various times he's gone out of his way to protect children from harm, which seems to be a re-occuring theme with him.

Also both fights against the Galaxy Master.

Avengers movie:

spoilers:
    levels giant monster and uses Loki as rag-doll...
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Joe Acro; 05-07-2012 at 04:41 AM.

Hi,

Kind of OT.

But I'm wondering, why all the sudden at the end of the Avengers movie, the Hulk suddenly knew which side to take? I thought he was suppose to smash whoever or whatever that is in his way.

Thanks

When he joins the Avengers
    Saving people (happens in nearly every story)
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Hi,

Kind of OT.

But I'm wondering, why all the sudden at the end of the Avengers movie, the Hulk suddenly knew which side to take? I thought he was suppose to smash whoever or whatever that is in his way.

Thanks
    It seems that Banner has gained some measure of control over him...not total control, but enough.

faze (v.): to cause to be disturbed or disconcerted; to stun

phase (n.):
    a stage in a process of change or development

Get it right, people.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    It seems that Banner has gained some measure of control over him...not total control, but enough.

Loki also seemed to be influencing him when he was on the hellicarrier.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...