Hybrid View

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

Default The People -vs- Dynamite Entertainment: We wan't Project Superpowers!

Okay, so I was flipping through my back issue's of Project Superpowers a little while ago and I started to realize just how much I miss the core series as well as all of the spin-off's that Dynamite put out. Now, I know a TON of people both on here and on Dynamite's official forums want to see Project Superpowers back on comic shop shelves and I decided to create a thread to rally some support to e-mail Dynamite to show them that there is a rabid readership for the title and that with the right promotion Dynamite could have a monster on their hands. It's been far too long that fans of the universe have had to wait with little more than "stay tuned" to satiate their appetite, we the people DEMAND to know when we will be seeing Project Superpowers again and we want to be kept informed upon the process. I really didn't see the need for Dynamite to place the series "in the urn" (get it?) so to speak and let it sit dormant for so long, the core title was very popular and usually sat between #120-#150 on the Diamond order chart, which is pretty damn good for an indy publisher to obtain, and obviously the series was popular enough to publish spin-off books based on the characters from the core Project Superpowers book. So why can't we have what we want?

It seems to me that Dynamite has a problem handling several big events or releases at once and has a knack for promoting the hell out of something and then forgetting all about it in favor of promoting whatever the next big launch is, by doing this their sales suffer in the long run and the likelyhood of bringing in new readers drops because if the company isn't excited about their books than their fans won't be either. I know Chapter 3 is coming, I know the President keeps saying it's on it's way "eventually" and that we need to "stay tuned", but as someone who's invested thousands of my hard earned dollars into the company I feel like I deserve to know what is going on.

So fans of Project Superpowers, let your voice be heard that you want the series and it's spin-off's back and that it's time we are given back what we deserve!

I loved P:SP. I really want to see the 3rd act. However I have learned that stuff like DH/GK, Atlas, & series from Dynamite have long delays or get canceled w/o any news. At least DC & Marvel tell us when books get canceled. Dynamite is the one comapny that I buy only in trade format. I will get P:SP3 IF it ever comes out. The other Dynamite titles I buy in trade format are Green Hornet & The Lone Ranger. I plane on buying their other pulp books The Shadow & The Spider.

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

Oh it's coming, Nick Barrucci has said so at the C2E2 and on the official Dynamite boards, the problem that I have is that it's been cryptic with terms such as "eventually", "stay tuned", and "when the right creative team comes along". That just doesn't sit well with me as a fan. It's been almost 1 1/2 years since we've seen anything Project Superpowers related, for a series that was actually doing quite well it just doesn't add up....

Apostrophes are funny little things.

Napoleon of Crime Professor Moriarty's Avatar

i've been waiting for so long now.

they get me hooked and they leave me hanging!!!

I have been waiting forever as well. I loved PSP so much, I bought all the books and it was my #1 universe.

I want them back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liked PSP a lot, though it was often a bit cluttered with so many characters running around. Got all the Black Terror books, but got bored with it after a while, and the Devil series was just so so. The last arc of the main book with Zeus, and then Claw, was pretty brilliant I thought.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.