Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Scarlet Witch can be saved for the sequel. By the time the 2nd avengers movie roll out which is going to be a few years from now , new heroes can be introduce. Someone like Scarlet witch , vision and quicksilver can easily be introduce to the avengers fold. They need all the power they can get especially if the villain is going to be thanos.
    5 bucks says hulk gets the shit kicked out of him early on in the movie.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Scarlet Witch can be saved for the sequel. By the time the 2nd avengers movie roll out which is going to be a few years from now , new heroes can be introduce. Someone like Scarlet witch , vision and quicksilver can easily be introduce to the avengers fold. They need all the power they can get especially if the villain is going to be thanos.
    I wonder if we'll also see classic Silver Age Avengers such as Hank Pym (in any one of his superhero incarnations) and the Wasp.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    faze (v.): to cause to be disturbed or disconcerted; to stun

phase (n.):
    a stage in a process of change or development

Get it right, people.

The Avengers was EXCELLENT! Great characterization, witty dialogue, incredible action, just a great popcorn movie. Hopefully the whole cast can return for the sequel. It might be hard to cast all those good actors at the same time in a few years from now.

For some reason I thought The Avengers would have no chance against The Hunger Games but now it just might be the top grossing movie for 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I wonder if we'll also see classic Silver Age Avengers such as Hank Pym (in any one of his superhero incarnations) and the Wasp.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    From what i read , the original Zak Penn avengers script had the wasp but omitted black widow out. Whedon took over and threw it out and rewrote in Black widow (since she was already introduced in the IM movie) and took out wasp i guess.

I guess they could be saved for the 2nd movie but if they are introducing Wasp (and pym) , it's better than he's giant-man or goliath than ant-man.

However , too many characters introduced just makes the movie overbloated. It's already a fine juggling act trying to balance all these heavyweight actors/heroes already , if they introduce more heroes to the avengers , it might be tough to actually give everyone a share of the spotlight.
    Last edited by marshal99; 05-05-2012 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPaytonMZ View Post
    It reminds me a lot of the Expendables. Lots of action stars (or comic stars) all together in a big loud mindlessly fun movie. Sadly, the wit that Joss Whedon is known for, the wit that RDJ is known to deliver to Oscar-nominated levels, just wasn't quite there. That actually hurts when you factor in the rewatchability value. Maybe I went in expecting too much from the hype. Left a little disappointed, but still glad I got to see it early. 3 out of 5 stars.
    I'm agreed with you I felt a little disappointed with the film.

Well done, with good fight scenes and interesting characters. It's worth going to, but it won't be a timeless classic as Superman I with Christopher Reeve.

My favorite Superhero movie. I loved it and all my friends, too. Hulk was the best! Just pure action fun, what i expected from an Avengers movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Lantern wannabe View Post
    Well done, with good fight scenes and interesting characters. It's worth going to, but it won't be a timeless classic as Superman I with Christopher Reeve.
    It's the 70s , back then - the first superman movie was like the first proper superhero move to come into the big screen. It was epic , not to mention the score pretty much define superman for all time. Even now , everytime you hear that score , you will feel pump up and you know that it's superman.
    The avengers lacked that kind of score , the Silvestri score was pretty average and certainly doesn't have that kind of sweeping feel like the superman theme.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1fiJMQV8Mc

Not to mention , the current era is the era of superhero movies , it's kind of hard to stand out in a crowd when there's half a dozen superhero movies being made each year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    "Red in my ledger" stood out to me. Nobody says that. She should have said it was an old Russian proverb or something.

For the big battle, Widow should have been infiltrating/storming Stark Tower for most of it, not standing in the middle of a war-torn street firing using dinky pistols and hurricanranas to fight aliens for hijacking a jetbike. She should be playing to her strengths.
    Natasha doesn't really speak in Russianisms, either (and when she does in the comics I often think it rings false.) I also think that standing on the street in the middle of the giant battle was pretty key to her character development, the natural conclusion of her arc. Clint tells her that she's acting differently than usual, no? Over the course of the film she goes from being a spy motivated primarily by her desire to save Hawkeye, to a superhero motivated by her desire to save the world. But I also think prioritizing closing the portal over the endless battle did play to her strengths, and hijacking the jetbike was effectively a way to storm the tower. (Probably better and more effective than climbing up it!)

I do think the actual closing of the portal was a bit haphazard. If Natasha could have figured out how to close the portal on her own, or how to unbrainwash the scientist via mental trickery, I think it would have been stronger.

The real Whedonisms I saw weren't in the "red on my ledger" thing, but in how Natasha was introduced. "Do you really think I'm pretty?" and then the interlude with Coulson being put on hold. That whole deconstruction of the damsel-in-distress with quips thrown in felt very Joss. But that specific deconstruction is something that's done a lot with Natasha's comics, so it felt alright, to me.

Welcome to the Future. HeroxMatt2.0's Avatar

The credits scene deadset had me out of my chair. And that was just the END of the film!
    You are an apocalypse dreaming of butterflies
    and
    we are a patchwork of miracles.

Welcome to the Future. HeroxMatt2.0's Avatar

The avengers lacked that kind of score , the Silvestri score was pretty average and certainly doesn't have that kind of sweeping feel like the superman theme.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1fiJMQV8Mc
    I agree, Silvestri's score was pretty lacklustre.
    You are an apocalypse dreaming of butterflies
    and
    we are a patchwork of miracles.

Quote Originally Posted by Washout View Post
    Before I get started, I liked the movie, but I wouldn't give it any higher than a low B, and that might change after I see it again.

The first half was really boring and dragged on. I didn't feel like anything was happening. Also the dialog was way to "Whedony." I got tired of Tony's witty retorts fast, and when Thor did it, it was painful. Cap's lines were pretty great. The movie emotionally resonated with me, though, and the second half was phenomenal. If it weren't for the boring first half and Whedon trying to hard, it would have been great.
    I see your not a Joss Whedon fan . In that case you will never like it anymore then you do now . Too bad , cause it's better then what your giving it .

Quote Originally Posted by Green Lantern wannabe View Post
    Wait some years . I'm hoping you still be around so you can see how wrong your going to be .

Loved the movie. Great characters, loved the story and especially the humor. Thor and Hulk were on my favorites moments of the entire movie.

The movie was pretty friggin' perfect. A lot of scenes reminded me of panel-work in comic books, and the dialogue was spot on for every character.

The first half is only boring if you dont like watching a movie for its plot.

Loved it, I had the biggest smile on my face throughout the movie.