Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455 LastLast

[QUOTE=renne;16498499]t
    he thing that really bothered me about it is that chris evans really isn't that bulky, and in the cap movie the style and thicker material gave him the bulk (particularly through the shoulders) to look like cap. the suit in the avengers movie was made of thin material that gave no illusion to the fact that evans is actually quite slender and not really built like cap. plus the cap movie suit was just generally better!
    I agree with all this Evans did an ok job in the Cap movie but i'm just not feeling him in the Avengers overly much.

i
    n addition the helmet for it wasn't a cowl, it was a helmet that was shaped enough to disguise the fact that evans doesn't have a strong jaw. sure, he looks like cap without the helmet, but he can't go into a fight with his brains exposed right? the weird cowl/helmet combo in avengers was too lacking in definition, so it just made him look jowly. cap isn't meant to look jowly. how did no one look at that was going "THIS NEEDS FIXING ASAP."?
    I agree with this too.

My only complaint with the movie was how Loki was kind of a idiot-proxy compared to how he was portrayed in the Thor movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Wjowski View Post
    My only complaint with the movie was how Loki was kind of a idiot-proxy compared to how he was portrayed in the Thor movie.
    my favourite thing about loki in the movie is how because he faked a tear talking to thor the loki stans seem to think that means he didn't really want to wipe out the human race and he was totally getting controlled by thanos.

yes, because it's not like loki doesn't have a history of attempted genocide.

Quote Originally Posted by renne View Post
    my favourite thing about loki in the movie is how because he faked a tear talking to thor the loki stans seem to think that means he didn't really want to wipe out the human race and he was totally getting controlled by thanos.

yes, because it's not like loki doesn't have a history of attempted genocide.
    I love Loki but that doesn't mean i think he is any sort of saint.

Quote Originally Posted by 1505627 View Post
    yes, thor should have immediately thought of and used a tactic he has never seen nor been in position to use before that day
    We're supposed to accept the fact that Asgard and Asgardians are used to higher forms of war. Remember that bit of dialogue about the Cosmic Cube and Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by renne View Post
    in addition the helmet for it wasn't a cowl, it was a helmet that was shaped enough to disguise the fact that evans doesn't have a strong jaw. sure, he looks like cap without the helmet, but he can't go into a fight with his brains exposed right? the weird cowl/helmet combo in avengers was too lacking in definition, so it just made him look jowly. cap isn't meant to look jowly. how did no one look at that was going "THIS NEEDS FIXING ASAP."?
    It's a helmet when he's wearing it, and it's a hoodie when he's not wearing it. Just make it a freakin' helmet that can't be yanked off.

Quote Originally Posted by verslibre View Post
    In his own movie, Thor goes looking for a fight with frickin' Frost Giants. By comparison, the Chitauri are numbskull sentries with laser chariots that he should have mopped the floor with while eating a Six Dollar Burger with his left hand. Yet Cap had to "tell him" to go "use your lightning and bottleneck" the portal. Thor the Cosmic Warrior should have been waaaaaaaaaaay ahead of Cap on that one.
    He also hit the ground so hard in his movie he made it collapse for miles. Strangely, Captain America was also depowered in The Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonofspam View Post
    she can't really hold her own with the other guys (power wise)
    Except Hawkeye...

Quote Originally Posted by Sonofspam View Post
    I don't about a halloween store but it's bright simple primary colors stood out from the others.

Which there maybe a point there about how is more in the vein of classic superhero's but it still looked god awful.
    I just missed the wings.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Except Hawkeye...

I just missed the wings.
    Maybe they should have just gone for a darker shade of blue to match everyone else.

Am i the only one complaining about Loki being depowered and acting out of character in some ways?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    Except that neither filmmakers nor fans are wrong. It is all a matter of personal taste and judgements made based on those personal tastes.
    Except I think like I said people can be wrong or right, it's not just opinions in a void. Like the Ed Wood example I talked about, stuff can be bad and it's not just opinions. It's not just personal taste. As a critic/fan, tt's just a matter if separating taste and having an objective mind. I personaly LOVED the Avengers, it's my favorite movie of 2012 but I know there are several flaws in it. Same thing with a friend of mine who said to me, he loved Inception but understood why some people would not like it.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

Neither a fan nor a critic can separate their taste from their critique of a film. Despite how much you want to believe you can do that, it just isn't possible. Personal preference (taste) will always color your judgement of a film. There will be some things that are quantifiable as justification for your opinion, but much of what an opinion on a film is based on has nothing to do with quantifiable criterial. It has to do with personal taste, which then colors your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I just missed the wings.
    yeah. the wings gave it a bit of definition and character and looks less like a bowl head

Maybe they should have put dimensional wings on the helmet so they could break off in battle, and the next time you see him he has the painted on wings. Then it would have been a nice nod to both the comics fans and the reality of the little wings.

Original concept art for Cap's design for the avengers.

WHat the final product looked like ....

The only major difference is how bright the colors are in the final costume. Other than that, the costume comes close to the design. The other difference is that the design looks like body armor where the final costume looks like cloth with possible body armor concealed under the cloth.

But it's splitting hairs. In action it never bothered me how the outfit looked. I instead kept marveling at how many times Cap did something that was totally like an iconic pose in the comics.