Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    Anyone who over-analyzes ANY film is going to be able to find faults or (as is usually the case) manufacture faults where there are none just because they didn't "get it". Many points mentioned in the rapid-fire of that video can be debated/explained/debunked/rebuffed... or just plain ignored as completely erroneous or outright incorrect misrepresentations.
    ......Wah?
    Last edited by Flyattractor; 01-14-2013 at 05:38 PM.

You heard me.

Any movie can be analysed and nitpicked to death if you want to. It's easy. Purpose of any movie is for entertainment and enjoyment , if you don't enjoy it , you don't enjoy it , no big deal really.

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    Yes, for the sake of humor, some of the things are misrepresentations of what happens in the movie; like, we know Captain America didn't get AIDs from the trading card...that's a joke.
    No, really?

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    But, pointing out that the mind control thing only works by touching people in the middle of the chest isn't overthinking somethinng. That's just pointing out that the way everyone was mind controled was by touching them in the middle of the chest, (this is something we see happen a few times at the start of the movie) and that Tony is immune because...well, he doesn't have a middle of the chest.
    And that is a misrepresentation after an assumption. The assumption is that the mind control only works by touching someone in the middle of the chest. Just because that is the only place he touched them does not mean that it is the only place touching them with the staff would work. And Tony does have a middle of the chest, but he also has a miniature arc reactor there. So the reactor, or the shielding around it obviously protected him from the mind control. Loki was surprised by this. It's all in how you look at it. Is it a fault, or is it just a clever way of moving the story along and keeping Tony from being controlled. If Loki had been the usual cowardly villain, he would have used the staff on peoples backs... and Tony would have been controlled.

Same as your assertion that the establishing shots of the control room of the heli-carrier were unnecessary and too long. That is your opinion of the scene. For others it was a quick and necessary setup for just how many people and controls it takes to fly the heli-carrier. It was nothing compared to the 5 minute fly around the Enterprise in Star Trek: TMP. THAT was unnecessary and overly long.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    No, really?

And that is a misrepresentation after an assumption. The assumption is that the mind control only works by touching someone in the middle of the chest. Just because that is the only place he touched them does not mean that it is the only place touching them with the staff would work. And Tony does have a middle of the chest, but he also has a miniature arc reactor there. So the reactor, or the shielding around it obviously protected him from the mind control. Loki was surprised by this. It's all in how you look at it. Is it a fault, or is it just a clever way of moving the story along and keeping Tony from being controlled. If Loki had been the usual cowardly villain, he would have used the staff on peoples backs... and Tony would have been controlled.

Same as your assertion that the establishing shots of the control room of the heli-carrier were unnecessary and too long. That is your opinion of the scene. For others it was a quick and necessary setup for just how many people and controls it takes to fly the heli-carrier. It was nothing compared to the 5 minute fly around the Enterprise in Star Trek: TMP. THAT was unnecessary and overly long.
    It's an assumption based on what the movie shows you. And no, Tony doesn't have a middle of the chest, he has a big hole there where he plugs some hardware. If Loki didn't have to touch the middle of the chest, then why not move the staff a few inches in any direction? Why stop trying after the first time? It doesn't matter if the reason it didn't work is becasue he doesn't have a middle of the chest, or because the arc reactor is in the middle of the chest...it still comes down to Loki seemingly needing the middle of the chest for this to work.

No, that's a fact. The movie is too long as is, and a little cut would have made that whole sequence work better; so it's win win all around...especially since that scene looked bad anyways. They could have just shown how many people were on the bridge the next time we see the brige, which is right after that whole takeoff scene...but I don't feel like talking about this.

...I liked it...?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Cyclops ad portas

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    That's, historical Jesus.

Gone

I thought Loki's cepter didnīt work on Stark because of the device he has in his heart...

That too is possible. That's the thing. No movie has to spoon feed every explanation to the viewers. Many leave things open to interpretation. Is this a plot hole? No. It is a small piece of a larger film that the screen writers, producers and the director didn't feel they needed to waste time explaining.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by maskedavenger View Post
    In other words: Loki acts like a comic book villain. What are the odds?

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    I thought Loki's cepter didnīt work on Stark because of the device he has in his heart...
    I thought that was pretty obvious, actually. As for Loki touching the scepter to people's chests . . . I assumed that whatever magic/energy he was using to control them was somehow infiltrating/infecting their blood, making using the heart as the dissemination point the most effective delivery method.
    Last edited by kalorama; 01-17-2013 at 11:13 AM.

The thing that bugged me the most was Loki acting almost completely out of character : everything i have read of him is he likes to use Avatars or Henchmens and stays away from the heat of the battle as much as possible which makes sense cause he is a trickster and stuff.

Also he was completely wimped out in the movie with barely having any powers compared to the comic book version.

He didn't even technically need to be at the battle anyways right? he wasn't showing any leadership skills.

Oh, and this just occurred to me looking at the screen of the video that says "Loki patiently waits for Iron Man to remove the damaged suit, grab a drink, banter a bit, and put on a new suit, instead of just killing him". How many times have we seen it in a bond film that the villain sets an elaborate death trap for Bond, and then leaves him alone and unsupervised so Bond can escape. And he usually does so after revealing his entire plan to Bond, so that Bond knows exactly how to stop him.

It isn't as if this isn't a somewhat commonly used trope of action films. Or something unique to Whedon's work. All villains in all media do this.

Also he didn't let him put on the new suit. Once Loki figured out his scepter wouldn't work, he kind of just said screw it and chucked Tony out the window, while Tony was in his street clothes and the Mark 7 Armor flew out AFTER Tony on it's own, scanned him and attached itself to him in mid-air.
    Just pointing that out.
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Also, having watched the video, LOL, seriously that video cries about every little thing in the movie.
    So, yeah, not taking anything it says seriously.
    Yes, it even whines about people wearing sunglasses or walking around.
    Last edited by Guy1; 01-17-2013 at 07:38 PM.
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!