Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    You missed one, and maybe the most important. When he starts leading the Avengers. Hawkeye up top. Iron Man on perimeter. Hulk... smash!
    Hulk seemed to be the game-changer in swinging the odds in the heroes' favor. Even with powerhouses such as Thor and Iron Man, it didn't seem like the heroes had enough muscle to turn the tide until Banner joined the fray Hulked out. The way Hulk tore into the enemy troops and then thrashed Loki was pure adrenalin.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    The comic book industry/medium is paradoxically the most fragile and most resilient thing in the world. Its noisiest critics insist every day that every cough, sputter, or dirty look threatens to destroy it, but it has survived every prediction of its demise for nearly eight decades.

So after 5 years in the making, 5 solo movies and a whole lot of dreaming my expectations had reached fever pitch. I tried to not get too excited, I didnt think a movie could hit the massive expectations I had for it. Then I watched it and I was blow away. It was so good for so many different reasons. I had my doubts about Ruffalo, but he nailed it. Him being cast as Banner is as good as RDJ as Stark. Then we had Black Widow, who was everything she should have been in Iron Man 2. Not that it suprised me, Joss is all about his badass females. Hiddleston was once again awesome as Loki. There was genuine LOL moments, I mean I was tearing up. There was some rather touching moments. Whedon knitted it all together in the most perfect way.

Its took the number 1 spot on my all time greatest movie list.
    Thor: God of Thunder, Indestructible Hulk, Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Avengers, Mighty Avengers, All-New X-Men

Most powerful scene to me was the elderly German man refusing to kneel to Loki and his "there have always been men like you" line.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

as hyped and excited as i was to see it.. it delivered, what a treat

can't wait for the eventual flood of "hulk rag dolling loki" gifs

Oh so this will be the best ever until Batman and then Spider-Man etc etc :(
    In my opinion X-Men First Class was much more entertaining and I'm not a fan of the X-Universe at all

IMO the best ever mainstream superhero films are [in no order]
    Superman
    Spider-Man [except for that awful Macy Gray cameo]
    Batman Returns

It's too soon for me to say whether this is the best comic book movie I've seen in recent memory, but y'know what? It was definitely the most fun, and for me that counts a lot. I'd happily watch an encore.

I'm still digesting, but favorite scene: watching one fluid pan of the Avengers pairing off -- Black Widow on a speeder/Iron Man, Iron Man/Cap, Thor/Hulk.
    “What I think the political correctness debate is really about is the power to be able to define. The definers want the power to name. And the defined are now taking that power away from them.”

Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    as hyped and excited as i was to see it.. it delivered, what a treat

can't wait for the eventual flood of "hulk rag dolling loki" gifs
    That might have been the moment where the audience laughed the loudest when i went to see it.
    Either that or when he punched thor in the face for no reason.

BANNED

The part where Loki tried to mind control Stark got a lot of laughs too.

I was really worried that this movie wouldn't be able to live up to my expectations but easily surpassed them. Every character had their moment it was funny were it need to be and intense were it need to be.
    **Spoiler** even though this whole thread is spoiler

every character grew and got setup for their next solo film

Stark started living for others instead of just himself. He risked his life for the world and he started paying attention and caring about other people.

Cap got out of his own head and back into the world to do good. And the ending suggested that he was going off on his own to try to do good.

Thor grew up and was hinted at a larger universe then Asgard ever imagined setting up for a cosmic themed Thor 2

Banner learned to trust himself that he could use the Hulk for good and do good himself despite the Hulk

Fury was shady and intense without being unsympathetic

Hawkeye and Black Widow filled out their back stories and earned their spots on the team

Coulson tied the whole team together and gave them something to come together about which was kind of his whole point

I really want a Hawkeye and Black Widow movie now!

And who was that waitress and why did she get 3 scenes?!?

Banner walking up the oncoming monster/ship thing reminded me of a similar scene in Ultimates II, I suspect it was inspired directly by it. I liked Banner's monologue better in the movie.

Thor and Loki's speech came off more Earthly than it it was in 'Thor'

Is the minion that Loki was speaking supposed to be an established character?

Quote Originally Posted by Windsweptfungus
    And who was that waitress and why did she get 3 scenes?!?
    I wondered that too. If we never see her again I'm thinking casting couch.
    Last edited by Jared; 05-04-2012 at 11:32 PM.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

I really enjoyed the movie. I think I probably enjoyed X-Men First Class a bit more, but this was great too. My only beef was that I felt both Black Widow and Maria Hill should have been presented as more stoic, no-nonesense characters. For Hill, without any clear behavioural traits, she just came off as generic. With Black Widow, I really felt like a lot of her scenes too obviously reminded me of Whedon's writing flourishes. Most of the time his signature habits weren't that apparent, but stuff like "I've got red in my ledger" really stood out as a classic Whedon thing to say, and Black Widow isn't really a classic Whedon heroine.
    Primary pulls: X-Factor, Hawkeye, Young Avengers, Avengers Arena, X-Men: Legacy, Uncanny X-Force, FF, Archer and Armstrong

"Red in my ledger" stood out to me. Nobody says that. She should have said it was an old Russian proverb or something.

For the big battle, Widow should have been infiltrating/storming Stark Tower for most of it, not standing in the middle of a war-torn street firing using dinky pistols and hurricanranas to fight aliens for hijacking a jetbike. She should be playing to her strengths.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    "Red in my ledger" stood out to me. Nobody says that. She should have said it was an old Russian proverb or something.

For the big battle, Widow should have been infiltrating/storming Stark Tower for most of it, not standing in the middle of a war-torn street firing using dinky pistols and hurricanranas to fight aliens for hijacking a jetbike. She should be playing to her strengths.
    Eh, Joss Whedon has to show a woman being tough, it's sort of his thing.
    Should have just put scarlet witch in the movie so we had a chick with super powers.

Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

Man! That movie was awesome! It was really well put together. It was smart as it was action packed. It stayed true to the characters. The sequence with the helicarrier was important as it shwoed that the COULD work together as a team.

Hulk almost or completely stole the show. I mean damn! Punking Thor AND Loki!! LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Eh, Joss Whedon has to show a woman being tough, it's sort of his thing.
    Should have just put scarlet witch in the movie so we had a chick with super powers.
    Scarlet Witch can be saved for the sequel. By the time the 2nd avengers movie roll out which is going to be a few years from now , new heroes can be introduce. Someone like Scarlet witch , vision and quicksilver can easily be introduce to the avengers fold. They need all the power they can get especially if the villain is going to be thanos.