Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    Nah, none of that made the character any more endearing than Galaga guy or agent #4562q, guy´s just yet another unremarkable suit.

Didn´t care much for that incident on the way to the Thor hammer either.

Wish they had done that wth Maria Hill, though.
    THAT I would have loved to see.

Maria Hill was for like 40 seconds onscreen and she´s already more interesting than him.
    You're on crack. Being contrary for contrariness sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    Which half? Even if they don't know their names, they likely know of the main players from their movies.
    Hawkeye and Black Widow (they might recognize "that guy from Thor" and "the hot spy from IM2", but they wouldn't know anything beyond that) For that matter, the big bad reveal at the end meant nothing to non-comics folk (my friend with me asked if it was Galactus).
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Hawkeye and Black Widow (they might recognize "that guy from Thor" and "the hot spy from IM2", but they wouldn't know anything beyond that) For that matter, the big bad reveal at the end meant nothing to non-comics folk (my friend with me asked if it was Galactus).
    Hawkeye, yeah, he's almost not even in Thor, if you didn't know to look for him in that movie, and didn't know about him beforehand you're going to miss him in that. Black Widow on the other hand was a pretty big part of Iron Man, and seeing how more people saw that movie than Captain America or Thor, I would bet more people knew her going into this movie then them.

Hawkeye, yeah, he's almost not even in Thor, if you didn't know to look for him in that movie, and didn't know about him beforehand you're going to miss him in that. Black Widow on the other hand was a pretty big part of Iron Man, and seeing how more people saw that movie than Captain America or Thor, I would bet more people knew her going into this movie then them.
    Do we have dvd revenue numbers to actually know how many people saw thor and captain america?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Do we have dvd revenue numbers to actually know how many people saw thor and captain america?

Yes

Iron Man 2 Domestic DVD Sales: $121,766,912
    Thor Domestic DVD Sales: $22,678,239
    Captain America: The First Avenger Domestic DVD Sales: $30,331,073

I hear there's a site that tells you how may people were in the room when the movies were being watched, but I haven't found it.

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    He is a character that connects all the Marvel movies together. And he had a bigger role in the Thor movie, in which his character was very likeable and competent. And do not forget "A funny thing happened on the way to Thor's hammer"
    Thor's probably my favourite superhero movie (Avengers included) but I have to say, Coulson was not likeable in Thor. He was a bureaucratic dick who hindered Thor while he was trying to get his hammer, stole the love interest's research for no real reason and we even got told by Selvig about "an expert in gamma radiation" who SHIELD took away and he was never seen again. Coulson was like a really, really petty villain in Thor.

And they'll still refer to her as Scarlett Johansson.
    --*--
    Bring Back MI:13

We need more Black Knight and Faiza Hussain!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest_1001 View Post
    Thor's probably my favourite superhero movie (Avengers included) but I have to say, Coulson was not likeable in Thor. He was a bureaucratic dick who hindered Thor while he was trying to get his hammer, stole the love interest's research for no real reason and we even got told by Selvig about "an expert in gamma radiation" who SHIELD took away and he was never seen again. Coulson was like a really, really petty villain in Thor.

And they'll still refer to her as Scarlett Johansson.
    And they'll still refer to Fury as Jackson and Bad Mother Fucker, and they'll still call Iron Man Robert Downey Jr., so what's your point?

She was a big part of Iron Man 2, the biggest of Marvels movies until now, so a lot of people knew her character going into this movie.
    Last edited by Simbob4000; 05-19-2012 at 02:52 AM.

And they'll still refer to Fury as Jackson and Bad Mother Fucker, and they'll still call Iron Man Robert Downey Jr., so what's your point?

She was a big part of Iron Man 2, the biggest of Marvels movies until now, so a lot of people knew her character going into this movie.
    True about Jackson. But my mother actually calls Iron Man "Tony Stark" and it's not like she's a comic fan or doesn't know Robert Downey Jr.'s name. To me, that says he's made the character his own more than Jackson has Fury or Johansson has Black Widow.

I still maintain Johansson is horribly miscast. Could they have found a more wooden actress?
    --*--
    Bring Back MI:13

We need more Black Knight and Faiza Hussain!

Yes

I hear there's a site that tells you how may people were in the room when the movies were being watched, but I haven't found it.
    Damn. I didn't realize Thor did the worst of all the Marvel movies. Even The Incredible Hulk broke over a million in DVD sales in it's first week of release. But Thor barely cracked over half a mill. Wonder why it did so "bad."
    Last edited by Saturius; 05-19-2012 at 09:05 AM.

What the...?

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Damn. I didn't realize Thor did the worst of all the Marvel movies. Even The Incredible Hulk broke over a million in DVD sales in it's first week of release. But Thor barely cracked over half a mill. Wonder why it did so "bad."
    Thor made 9 million it's first week on DVD and that list tracks DVD sales not blu-ray.

It made 22 million it's first week on blu-ray and it was going up against the Star wars box.
    Last edited by GRANT!; 05-19-2012 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    My wife and I laughed at people who thought it was Galactus. We were sure he was a Skrull!

Oops. I blame it on the chin.

Quote Originally Posted by GRANT! View Post
    Thor made 9 million it's first week on DVD and that list tracks DVD sales not blu-ray.

It made 22 million it's first week on blu-ray and it was going up against the Star wars box.
    I know all that. I still think it's a bit shocking it did that "bad" on DVD. I would think it could've at least cracked a million.

Yes

Sales, what about rentals?
    I didn't buy Thor or Captain America, i got them from Redbox.
    And then there's netflix.
    Or on demand.
    Or video stores that apprently still exsist.
    Or illegal downloads and streams.
    What im getting at is, we can't really know how many people saw any of these movies.

What the...?

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I know all that. I still think it's a bit shocking it did that "bad" on DVD. I would think it could've at least cracked a million.
    They sold 800,000 units of the Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack (which people opted for versus the dvd) and 550,000 of just the DVD. They went well past a million in units sold and made around 32 million that first week. And I imagine sales are pretty good all around on the Marvel movies.

http://www.the-numbers.com/interacti...hp?newsID=6616

Quote Originally Posted by Gary_B View Post
    My wife and I laughed at people who thought it was Galactus. We were sure he was a Skrull!

Oops. I blame it on the chin.
    The funniest ones are people who thought it was hellboy or red skull. When Thanos turned , he had his very distinctive shoulder blades of his comic costume.