Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

"end of Transformers 3" I keep reading this phrase a lot. Why do people keep referring The Avengers ending to Transformers 3?
    "Everybody's Waiting," Six Feet Under finale episode
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el4eUKmLujg

http://i.imgur.com/hcuBe43.gif

Superman 1 and 2 were the greatest superhero movies ever to me before watching Avengers. Avengers now edges those out if not for having more characters. Those are all pinnacles of superheroism to me. Hopefully, Amazing Spider-Man can join those ranks - as hard as that would be to do. Whew.
    Marvel : Moon Knight, Savage Hulk (6/25), Original Sin (5/7)

DC : Aquaman, Aquaman & the Others

Quote Originally Posted by hugh45 View Post
    "end of Transformers 3" I keep reading this phrase a lot. Why do people keep referring The Avengers ending to Transformers 3?
    I forgot how transformers 3 ended, but I think it had aliens invading and stuff like that.

The Avengers trailers made it seem like most Transformers movies with NYC being invaded by big metal constructs. At first I thought that made it unappealing but when I watched the movie it never crossed my mind.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

Apart for the second Hulk transformation, the only problem I had with the movie was that I felt at the end the "A" on the Stark building was too small. Seriously when the camera was about to reveal the shot I was all like "we're gonna see the big A on Stark's building"" and then appeared some weak small "a" for whatever reasons. I thought what the Hell..?! lol Anyway it wasn't the Avengers A that we use to see on front of the comics. Anybody felt the same way?
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Apart for the second Hulk transformation, the only problem I had with the movie was that I felt at the end the "A" on the Stark building was too small. Seriously when the camera was about to reveal the shot I was all like "we're gonna see the big A on Stark's building"" and then appeared some weak small "a" for whatever reasons. I thought what the Hell..?! lol Anyway it wasn't the Avengers A that we use to see on front of the comics. Anybody felt the same way?
    That's because it was the A in STARK, i.e. the only letter that had not been knocked off the building from various impacts.

The Mexican James Bond Guapo Méndez's Avatar

I don't know. Ending of Transformers 1, I had no idea who was winning until Optimus stood still and said they won.

It's called foreshadowing. Tony Stark is going to be magnanimous and re-christen his tower "Avengers Tower" instead of "Stark Tower". Instead of having a high tech old style mansion, they will have a high tech tower. It will also give the avengers a presence since anyone can look up and see Avengers Tower. It's pretty clear that is what Whedon intended with that shot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eclipse View Post
    To you maybe. I on the other hand, find it to be a perfectly ludicrous suggestion.
    I think you're just showing a bias to comic book characters. While the Avengers is a little deeper than The Expendables, they're both excuses for a bunch of heroes to get together and banter and kick ass. If you want real depth with this sort of idea, watch Seven Samurai or 13 Assassins. If you want fun, go with the Avengers or The Expendables.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eclipse View Post
    As opposed to Sylvester Stallone and Co.'s desperate attempt at remaining relevent? Yeah, ummm, OK.
    Stallone has been fairly relevant these days. The last Rocky and Rambo pictures did pretty well. And Jason Statham is The Action Star of the 2000s. Nice try, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    I think you're just showing a bias to comic book characters. While the Avengers is a little deeper than The Expendables, they're both excuses for a bunch of heroes to get together and banter and kick ass. If you want real depth with this sort of idea, watch Seven Samurai or 13 Assassins. If you want fun, go with the Avengers or The Expendables.
    Or you could straddle the line and watch The Magnificent Seven!

*Dunt, dah-dun-dun-dunt, dahhh-da-dun-dun-dunt!*
    Stay away from the chimps. You can't reason with them and you'll just end up with monkey shit all over your clothes.

Internet hypocrisy #47: Being the undisputed scourge of trolls until the troll supports your side of the debate and then becoming silent.

Good movie. Minor things are so minor. Makes the last Superman movie seem what is really was - a terrible bore.

BTW, the Batman trailer was a bore. No idea what was happening - could have been a Die Hard. It was a who cares type of trailer - not to divert from the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Good movie. Minor things are so minor. Makes the last Superman movie seem what is really was - a terrible bore.
    Of course it was. Bryan Singer directed it and the script was a shameless retread.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    BTW, the Batman trailer was a bore. No idea what was happening
    As opposed to giving everything away?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    The Avengers trailers made it seem like most Transformers movies with NYC being invaded by big metal constructs. At first I thought that made it unappealing but when I watched the movie it never crossed my mind.
    It's not like we had that in movies and comics in the past. I guess people want to find something.

Anyho,found two great articles:

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...alos-hulk.html

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertain...engers/256822/
    "Everybody's Waiting," Six Feet Under finale episode
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el4eUKmLujg

http://i.imgur.com/hcuBe43.gif

Avengers is the best comic book movie every made!

It's not like we had that in movies and comics in the past. I guess people want to find something.

Anyho,found two great articles:

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...alos-hulk.html

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertain...engers/256822/
    Both links don't work anymore.