http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
    http://overpower.ca/downloads/
    "down with the machine" bray wyatt

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    did spoilers:
    jane foster really get decaptitated?
    end of spoilers
    Yes. That part in the trailer where Thor screams "no!" was because Loki cut her head off.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bravery View Post
    Yes. That part in the trailer where Thor screams "no!" was because Loki cut her head off.
    *note to self* rewatch trailer

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/05/0...ble-interview/
    Last edited by steve2275; 05-08-2012 at 07:36 AM.
    COLOSSUS katya nightcrawler storm magik
    http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
    http://overpower.ca/downloads/
    "down with the machine" bray wyatt

BANNED

I'm joking by the way. I wouldn't give up a spoiler like that. Someone dies though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly T View Post
    Really liked the Stark/Banner bromance. It makes sense to team them up and put a focus on their scientific acumen in a cinematic MU that is bereft of Reed Richards.

I'd really like to see Banner in IM3 as a way to see Ruffalo in the role again... and maybe some Hulkbuster armor.
    Yeah..I mentioned in another thread a Banner cameo in IM3 would fit perfectly...have him working at Stark Industries and he and Tony could have a few good interactions. We don't even need to see him Hulk out...just have Banner in about 15 minutes worth of well written scenes....they could work together on something to help set up the next Avengers movie or maybe a Hulk movie.

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bravery View Post
    Someone dies though.
    Yeah, I was a bit sad to see Hawkeye die like That.

Black Widow as Lokiīs inside mole also caught me by surprise - guess they were trying to stay true to the ultimate comics-.

Best part for me was when Cap lifted Mjolnir, that was cool and unexpected.

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    Yeah..I mentioned in another thread a Banner cameo in IM3 would fit perfectly...have him working at Stark Industries and he and Tony could have a few good interactions. We don't even need to see him Hulk out...just have Banner in about 15 minutes worth of well written scenes....they could work together on something to help set up the next Avengers movie or maybe a Hulk movie.
    That would be sweet.
    They donīt even need to say his name or refer to the Hulk, just have him working on a lab helping with something energy/radiation-related.
    Something to make viewers go": - OMG ThatīsīDr. Banner!"

I can guarantee thereīll be non-comic readers geeking out like nerds.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    Yeah, I was a bit sad to see Hawkeye die like That.

Black Widow as Lokiīs inside mole also caught me by surprise - guess they were trying to stay true to the ultimate comics-.

Best part for me was when Cap lifted Mjolnir, that was cool and unexpected.
    Why didn't you put that all in spoiler tags! You've ruined it for the couple of people in the entire world who haven't seen it yet!

;)

Big Green Dream Machine Invisible Man's Avatar

Cool The Avengers (2012) spoiler free & spoiler filled review on MVP Mutant Radio.

The Mutantville Players are back for a surprise episode of The Avengers (2012). Both Brento and Streebo made the trips out to the theater this weekend to see the movie that has taken the universe by storm. Join the Mutantville Players, Streebo & Brento for a two tiered discussion on the record breaking superhero movie The Avengers (2012) directed by Joss Whedon. In this episode we bring you a spoiler free discussion of The Avengers during “No News”, then we discuss our picks for greatest superhero movie in “I am the Greatest,” followed by a full on Ragnarok worthy discussion on The Avengers (2012) with every spoiler we can think of. MVP closes the show by sharing some red hot social media tips in “The Game.” The featured song for today is “Work Song for the Leisure Class” by Thank You Spaceman.

Download, stream or jump over to iTunes from here.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 05-08-2012 at 08:37 AM. Reason: typos how the fuck do they work?

There's not much to talk about with this movie is there? People on threads are now talking about what could happen in a sequel, or how much money it is making. This is kind of what I am talking about when it comes to repeat viewings, there isn't much of a story to get your hooks into.

People have been dissing the X-men films now in comparison, saying things like 'the Avengers is the ultimate team up movie! that all others pale in comparison to!', but the X-Men films had stories and were chock full of character moments and development, lots of emotional stuff. The Avengers is more like the ultimate punch up film, rather than team up.
    Last edited by listenuscrewheads; 05-08-2012 at 12:05 PM.

What the...?

Show me an X-Men or Batman movie thread where they don't talk about the box-office or what could happen in a sequel? That happens every time they do one of these moves. And people have been talking about character moments in the Avengers in this very thread.
    Last edited by GRANT!; 05-08-2012 at 12:27 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by listenuscrewheads View Post
    There's not much to talk about with this movie is there? People on threads are now talking about what could happen in a sequel, or how much money it is making. This is kind of what I am talking about when it comes to repeat viewings, there isn't much of a story to get your hooks into.

People have been dissing the X-men films now in comparison, saying things like 'the Avengers is the ultimate team up movie! that all others pale in comparison to!', but the X-Men films had stories and were chock full of character moments and development, lots of emotional stuff. The Avengers is more like the ultimate punch up film, rather than team up.
    Disagreed completely. Avengers is chock full of little details that make repeat viewings rewarding. There is a lot of subtle things with the characterisations. For example, i didn't notice until my second viewing that when Stark is talking to Loki about the Avengers he doesn't mention himself at all. Which is a great piece of characterisation for Stark. He's finally realised that hey, it isn't all about him. And Loki's "you crave subjugation" rant, you think that is a mere coincidence it happens in Germany, of all places? Avengers has layers, it's just that it's easily overlooked because of the action and pizazz.

The reason people are talking about the box office more is because frankly, it's insane.

And it is the ultimate team up movie. The X movies are good, well, X2 and First Class. But they're not team up movies. Too many characters are relegated to scenery. First Class is a fantastic film, but it might as well be called "Prof X and Magneto: Origins".
    Last edited by Lord Bravery; 05-08-2012 at 12:22 PM.

What the...?

The Film Crit Hulk writes for the New Yorker.

I"m a big fan of Film Crit Hulk's work on BadassDigest.com. He writes thoughtful eloquent articles about filmmaking and movies in the voice of the Hulk. It's brilliant.
    Last edited by GRANT!; 05-08-2012 at 12:23 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GRANT! View Post
    The Film Crit Hulk writes for the New Yorker.

I"m a big fan of Film Crit Hulk's work on BadassDigest.com. He writes thoughtful eloquent articles about filmmaking and movies in the voice of the Hulk. It's brilliant.
    haha yea this guy rocks. You ever read his "Don't hate a movie" one?

What the...?

I think the Stark and Banner relationship is really interesting. I heard someone commented the dichotomy is reverse where Banner turns into uncontrollable Monster, Stark is an uncontrollable monster when he was out of the suit.
    Last edited by GRANT!; 05-08-2012 at 12:28 PM.