Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 45 of 45
  1. #31
    Senior Member Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CagedLeo730 View Post
    Just read it. He has the healing factor due to Kryptonian genes. So he's in the same camp as Darken. Healing doesn't mean that he should have scars or blemishes. It's just like human healing but accelerated. It's like saying the tattoo is only an injury and nothing else. Healing factor doesn't necessarily mean regeneration. Wolverine has skewed the views of a healing factor thanks to the writers. Him fighting with his skull exposed is beyond ridiculous since he can feel pain.
    I see what you mean about the scaring. But as for Wolverine, he body actually dampens the pain so he won't go into shock.

    But as far as Superboy's tattoo: as you say healing factors of meta humans are really just human healing on a larger and grander scale and when humans heal as scar is left behind because that is the body trying IT'S BEST to get you back to what you look like before hand, skin color and all. So if you take that basic thinking and put it on a larger scale then there would be no scaring at all.

    But really that all depends on how strong the actual character is. Take Superman for example: The idea behind him is that he is us but on a Paul Bunyan scale (as his current writer Grant Morrison puts it) so if we can only get away with a scar, Superman gets away with a clean face because everything about him is super.

    But then we get to Superboy who is a watered down clone (he may even have less of Superman in him than before) so we don't how good his healing is because he gets KOed from some broken bones or a sword in the gut. Superman basically dismisses the possibility of a brain hemorrhage or the thought of a group of bad guys growing in size inside his brain as nothing to worry about (but the latter is more of a durability feat than a healing one but you get my point) also when he was being shocked in issue #2 the doctors said that his heart rate went up and then instantly returned back to normal like nothing happened. Also when they came in to get a blood sample from him his exposed skin healed up so fast they had no time to get a needle in. And all of this was while his powers were still at golden age levels (but the above brain thing was when his powers were stronger 5 years down the line)

    this all goes back to Superboy who show that without his TK he has no where near that sort of power so he may not have that level of healing.

  2. #32
    The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,686

    Default

    Changing the costume? Sad. I rather liked it. I liked at first what I saw of SB's tattoo and black costume, in the very, very first image (the one with gratuitous red everywhere), but front on I realised the vest looked stupid and the black costume only really worked when Kon looked shorter and more lithely muscular rather than a bulky tall tank.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

  3. #33
    Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,536

    Default

    Warblade is TK immune,and his metal body or suit can handle the lava,so it sucks to be SB,atleast until he thinks of a cool way to take him down.

    His healing factor is really fast,but not so fast that he couldnt get a tattoo.its kinda like the Flashes,if they break their leg,and someone doesnt set it perfect,it will heal the wrong way.

    His suit has always been temporary,awesome,but temporary.im betting his new suit will have no sleeves and fingerless gloves,the rest idk.


    Anybody catch YJ today? SB seems real smart,and mature.guess his body does age,just not on the outside,SO the question is does this mean he can grow into all his powers(all golden age abilities/TTK imo) are is he still stuck?

    Did anybody get the superman family adventure book today for free comic day? Was SB in it ? Was there anything that was SB specific about him innthe book?
    Dont mess with the "S"

    Mutation is a bitch

    Bring back kon-el/Conner kent

  4. #34
    Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,536

    Default

    I didnlike that the annual showed how much energy SB can take,he laughed off thunder and brushed off the legion guy.

    I hope when scott actually writes the book again,not just plot it he wont up and leave the book,i think if the rumor is true about him taking over on the superman book,it would benefit both if he stayed the writer of both SUPER books.

    I hope kon kicks the crap out of rose in issue out wed.
    Dont mess with the "S"

    Mutation is a bitch

    Bring back kon-el/Conner kent

  5. #35
    King of My World CagedLeo730's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2,692

    Default

    I just wonder if all the Thirteen will be former Wildstorm characters. So far Fairchild, Grunted and Warblade are TK immune. Is Lobdell the only one outside the Edge books who's introducing all these WS characters into the main universe?

  6. #36
    Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,536

    Default

    HERE.

    i hope the superboy cover solicit shows SBs new suit on it.
    Dont mess with the "S"

    Mutation is a bitch

    Bring back kon-el/Conner kent

  7. #37

    Default

    My concern with the Culling, like I mentioned in the Legion Lost thread, is that this will become one big battle after another and not much else. I hope there is a LOT more too it once I actually get and read the books. Another thing is that it doesn't feel......."epic" enough.....but that could just be me.
    Reading: A Comics, Superman, Superboy, Batman, B&R, Nightwing, G Lantern, GL:NG, The Flash, J League, T Titans, Earth 2, World's Finest and Smallville S.11!

    Watching: Young Justice.

  8. #38
    Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,536

    Default

    i see this for what it is,just like the xmen vs avengers thing,its a big fight book,and thats ok,for now,just not for a longtime.im more looking forward to issues 10 and up,SB against dinosaurs,and hanging with bunker and getting his tattoo,while trying out the real lfe,and maybe getting a new supersuit.

    the future looks bright
    Dont mess with the "S"

    Mutation is a bitch

    Bring back kon-el/Conner kent

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    i see this for what it is,just like the xmen vs avengers thing,its a big fight book,and thats ok,for now,just not for a longtime.im more looking forward to issues 10 and up,SB against dinosaurs,and hanging with bunker and getting his tattoo,while trying out the real lfe,and maybe getting a new supersuit.

    the future looks bright
    The only problem is that sadly I may drop Superboy after the Culling (I'll keep reading Teen Titans). The main reason is keeping a budget with so many comics and there is better stuff out there.

    Of course watch it get better as soon as I drop it. lol
    Reading: A Comics, Superman, Superboy, Batman, B&R, Nightwing, G Lantern, GL:NG, The Flash, J League, T Titans, Earth 2, World's Finest and Smallville S.11!

    Watching: Young Justice.

  10. #40
    Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superjman1986 View Post
    The only problem is that sadly I may drop Superboy after the Culling (I'll keep reading Teen Titans). The main reason is keeping a budget with so many comics and there is better stuff out there.

    Of course watch it get better as soon as I drop it. lol


    thats exactly whats gonna happen imo.your gonna kick yourself if you drop this book.i really think this book has been holding back because of the culling thing,seriouslyread the solicits for 10 and 11,its real comic book fun .
    Dont mess with the "S"

    Mutation is a bitch

    Bring back kon-el/Conner kent

  11. #41
    Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,536

    Default

    this wasnt really a superboy book this month,more like more of the same from teen titans annual and legion lost,so needless to say next month and definatley issue 11 is where i see this book taking off in its own direction,and bringing the biggest smile to my face.

    does anybody here think wondergirl is actually older than she appears,because of the comment tim said about her using "to boot",and because she has her armor that comes with a price to herself,her lariat that drains her life essence,not to mention her having homes and a more mature sexuality.
    Dont mess with the "S"

    Mutation is a bitch

    Bring back kon-el/Conner kent

  12. #42
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    266

    Default

    I don't know why CBR had me kicked, I was logged in idiots and I had a good post, so now i'll have to make a shorter 1.

    Ok I think SB and SG are about equall that TK shock really did hurt her or she wouldn't have screamed and wriggled from the shock. When SB got hit by Kara all he said was Ow, he didn't say AHHH i'm a dead man. He just said ow and that's it.

    As for SB kryptonian durability it's a good thing he has that as the Scientist said that his broken bones would be healed within' 2 hours, but it's not good enough. He need more of the Kryptonian powerset and be a lot more invulnerable. As of right now if SB doesn't stay alert he can get shot in the head and be killed.

  13. #43
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    this wasnt really a superboy book this month,more like more of the same from teen titans annual and legion lost,so needless to say next month and definatley issue 11 is where i see this book taking off in its own direction,and bringing the biggest smile to my face.

    does anybody here think wondergirl is actually older than she appears,because of the comment tim said about her using "to boot",and because she has her armor that comes with a price to herself,her lariat that drains her life essence,not to mention her having homes and a more mature sexuality.

    Has age ever bothered Superboy, not at least in his first ongoing it didn't, and I don't think it would get in his way now either imo if she was thousands of years old unless she looked like an old hag lol.

  14. #44
    Heroine Addict Fused's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,924

    Default

    Don't really like Teen Titans and I feel like I got tricked into buying an issue with this latest Superboy. It wasn't that bad but I guess he's gonna have to start hanging out with the Titans eventually. Ah well, I'm also scared I'll hate the new SB suit because the current one is so cool.

  15. #45
    Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fused View Post
    Don't really like Teen Titans and I feel like I got tricked into buying an issue with this latest Superboy. It wasn't that bad but I guess he's gonna have to start hanging out with the Titans eventually. Ah well, I'm also scared I'll hate the new SB suit because the current one is so cool.
    yeah i thought SB would be in the last TT to,but i get it anyway so no harm to me.

    i think the new suit will have fingerless gloves and no sleeves.i dont think it will look exactly like the TT#1 cover clothes he was wearing though.idk thry gave the tron suit about a year,if the new look doesnt go over well they could change it again.
    Dont mess with the "S"

    Mutation is a bitch

    Bring back kon-el/Conner kent

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •