Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Yost View Post
    I've been working with Marvel on the studio side for a couple of years now, and was when I started on Scarlet Spider. I'm not leaving the book any time soon.
    Is Neal Edwards only doing one issue? Or we can expect more in the future? I think I like his art a little more that Ryan's and Khoi Pam's art is pretty uneven.
    Junk head. Amazing stop-motion animation. http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/junk-head-2--2

Scott Summers IS NOT a delusional egotist.

Issue 6 is Ryan Stegman's last issue, and it is amazing. He inks his own art on issue 6, and the results are pretty stunning. So please, at the very least if you're a Stegman fan, check that out because it's a huge evolution in his style.

That all being said, issue 5 is pretty bad-ass. Neil Edwards turns in some fantastic work as Scarlet Spider takes on the Watchdogs and hunts down a loose nuclear bomb in Houston.

Issue 6 features the return of Ana Kravinoff, more dangerous than ever before. Plus, the last few pages give some major hints as to the future of the book. Big stuff is coming.

Issues 7-9 is our first three parter, "The Second Master," featuring Roxxon and the heroes of the American southwest, the RANGERS. It's also the start of Khoi Pham on art, and trust me -- it's pretty damn great.

10-11 are secret, and then we wrap up the year with the start of something I've been looking forward to for a long time, a little story called "In the Midst of Wolves."

Looking forward to all this but I gotta say I don't really see Ana as any type of credible threat to Kaine. I'm still to this day not exactly sure how she managed to get the drop on him in The Gauntlet & Grim Hunt (particularly Gauntlet as she took him on by himself) I mean we're talking about a guy in Kaine who when he had the extra bulk could take on guys like the Rhino & hell routinely had to battle TWO Spider-men at once & made a good showing of it half the time

I know that Kaine has dropped some body mass (& probably some strength too) but I still don't see how he's gonna have trouble with a teenage girl no matter how skilled a hunter she is....Oh yeah and there's the fact that last time I saw Ana she got her head handed to her by Spider-Girl

Still gonna buy & more then likely enjoy the issue though
    Last edited by classicgmer; 05-08-2012 at 06:38 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Looking forward to all this but I gotta say I don't really see Ana as any type of credible threat to Kaine. I'm still to this day not exactly sure how she managed to get the drop on him in The Gauntlet & Grim Hunt (particularly Gauntlet as she took him on by himself) I mean we're talking about a guy in Kaine who when he had the extra bulk could take on guys like the Rhino & hell routinely had to battle TWO Spider-men at once & made a good showing of it half the time

I know that Kaine has dropped some body mass (& probably some strength too) but I still don't see how he's gonna have trouble with a teenage girl no matter how skilled a hunter she is....Oh yeah and there's the fact that last time I saw Ana she got her head handed to her by Spider-Girl

The same way spider-man had trouble dealing with a drag queen in leotard with a tranquilizer loaded rifle and some nets, oh yeah, and zoos pets, lots of zoo pets

Yeah but at least with Kraven he's a grown man with jungle potion enhanced strength & senses to help him. What does Ana have other then attitude?

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Yeah but at least with Kraven he's a grown man with jungle potion enhanced strength & senses to help him. What does Ana have other then attitude?
    What more does she need?
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

BANNED

kraven never had enhanced strengh, that came later,and i think only in the last hunt,and about enhaced senses, good luck with that when someone with a prorportionate strenght of a spider is beating you senseless.

BANNED

kraven never had enhanced strengh, that came later,and i think only in the last hunt,and about enhaced senses, good luck with that when someone with a prorportionate strenght of a spider is beating you senseless.

Quote Originally Posted by spideybr View Post

You sure about this Everything I can find & remember reading tells me the jungle potion he injested gave him some level of enhanced strength and yes it's probably pretty laughable compared to Spidey's strength BUT Spidey rarely ever rips loose with all his strenght unless he's really pissed off. All I'm saying is that compared to what Ana has (which pretty much amounts to preteen/teenage angst) Kraven had alot more going for him agianst Spidey AND Kaine doesn't hold back nearly as much as Peter does.

I'm not really sure at what point he started using the jungle potions but I'm pretty sure he got levels of enhanced strength from it.
    Last edited by classicgmer; 05-08-2012 at 07:20 AM.

I've been working with Marvel on the studio side for a couple of years now, and was when I started on Scarlet Spider. I'm not leaving the book any time soon.
    Good to hear you're not leaving any time soon.

BANNED

Ok good.......

Love this book so much!! Thank you Yost and I'll follow you all the way to the end.

Does that secret arc after 10 involve a certain werewolf by night and a wolf baby? That would be pretty cool if you picked up where Peter David left off!!

I'm also going to miss your awesomeness on that Avengers cartoon, but I'm sure bigger and better things will await you.

Shes a pretty decent planner. Not to mention those Spider disorienting drums that the Kravinoffs seem to have.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Win or lose, there is no dignity to be had fighting a teenage girl when you're physically in your 20's. You win and you just beat a teenage girl. You lose and you just lost to a teenage girl. You just can't win, either way you look bad no matter what her profession is.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

I was always under the assumption that Ana (and possibly Sasha) were powered by whatever jungle juice concoction Papa Kravinoff relied on. Or at least a more science-y cocktail.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

So, help me out here, cause I lost contact for about a year. This suit Kaine has is the one he got from Spider-Man in spider island right? So why does it have this color scheme?
    myspace.com/artofsimplicity

I am an anarchist. Deal with it.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...-the-beginning