View Poll Results: The actual fight ended in...

Voters
60. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Easy victory for Magik

27 45.00%
  • Difficult victory for Magik -- Strange made her work for it

16 26.67%
  • Evenly-matched fight which could have gone either way

3 5.00%
  • Would have been a win for Strange but something happened to force a loss

6 10.00%
  • One or both of them conspired to throw the fight

3 5.00%
  • Other (explain below)

5 8.33%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by custodes View Post
    An adorable one.

I don't think she is irreversible.
    I was not criticizing her in the least, she like Dust can be a good and still be a stone killer. The why and how make a big difference in morality.

I don't think that she is evil< she is just willing to kill when that s called for. But that applies to millions of good men and women who are not evil. Arranging the deaths of the Elder Gods was not an evil act, even if the risks she took to accomplish it were insane.

I think she need more healing than redemption
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

There's room for semi-demonic antiheroes. People still like Daimon Hellstrom and Satana.

I'm surprised yanapride hasn't said anything yet. S/he was particularly delighted over this turn of events.

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    There's room for semi-demonic antiheroes. People still like Daimon Hellstrom and Satana.

I'm surprised yanapride hasn't said anything yet. S/he was particularly delighted over this turn of events.
    It's HE, to clarify.
    I posted this in a few different related threads. I still feel it applies.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Illyana's soulsword is the ultimate expression of her arcane power.
    I like to imagine, whatever spell Strange threw at her, she simply blocked and deflected back upon him.

Strange is supremely powerful, and if the battle hadn't taken place in Limbo, I feel more of a struggle would have taken place. But given the circumstances, I like to believe it went down like this.
    A simple block and ricochet, of Strange's own power.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    Check you timeline, With the time rate difference that she experienced She as been a magician for quite a while.
    No amount of wishful thinking is going to change the fact that Strange is, by far, the more accomplished magician. He has no reason to fear her any more than he would another demon lord, which he has faced (and defeated) on countless occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaric Rivad View Post
    No amount of wishful thinking is going to change the fact that Strange is, by far, the more accomplished magician. He has no reason to fear her any more than he would another demon lord, which he has faced (and defeated) on countless occasions.
    To be fair, Strange did admit to Xavier that there wasn't anything else he could teach Illyana -- which implies that her knowledge is on par with his own.
    But there can certainly be an argument made for experience, to Strange's benefit.
    Perhaps ego, was his downfall. NOT considering Magik a threat, could have been the reason she won. Over confidence?
    cpjudd.com

I don't know. I'm willing to go with the suggestion that the fight was off-panel so both sides can imagine it went the way they wanted. They were gone for an hour in 'real time,' though that might not have been an hour of Limbo time. That doesn't sound like a quick and easy victory.

All I know is that Magik humiliated the Avengers in general, and Strange in particular, and I'm worried that this whole event will be like this for him -- people beating him up to show how strong they are -- and he'll never get his time to shine.
    Last edited by chariset; 05-07-2012 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    I don't know. I'm willing to go with the suggestion that the fight was off-panel so both sides can imagine it went the way they wanted. They were gone for an hour in 'real time,' though that might not have been an hour of Limbo time. That doesn't sound like a quick and easy victory.

All I know is that Magik humiliated the Avengers in general, and Strange in particular, and I'm worried that this whole event will be like this for him -- people beating him up to show how strong they are -- and he'll never get his time to shine.
    To Strange's credit (in the AvX future) he's shown doing just fine against Magneto in WATXM #11.
    cpjudd.com