Default Thank you guys for making me a believer

I asked maybe a week or two ago for some image comics reccomendations and ended up picking up 2 savage dragons, 3 Peter Panzerfausts, 2 Manhattan Projects, 2 Sagas, and I'm still waiting to check out Invincible.

I am absolutely addicted to Saga, Peter Panzerfaust, and Manhattan Projects. I'm only dropping Savage Dragon because I'm trying to save a little dough and it didn't blow me away. It was good but the other 3 really blew my mind. The story telling, the art, the quality of the pages and the book itself just totally raised the bar for me. They're selling a superior product for a low price. Thank you guys for the reccomendations, I'm an Image fan for life!

Sweet! Glad you liked them. I think Image is going to have a really good year.
    Pull List: Saga, Danger Club, Invincible, Chew, Animal Man, Aquaman, Supergirl, Earth 2, Dancer, The Flash, TWD, Before Watchmen, Harbinger, and Swamp Thing

Wanderer of Kildre Hill eDKeener's Avatar

Cool! Glad you picked up some books you liked. Peter Panzerfaust is probably my favorite new book right now, followed closely by Saga.

There's still some more good looking Image books coming out soon also.

I really would recommend Danger Club. This was my favorite of last month. If you are a fan of Teen Titans, or Avengers Academy, give it a try.

SD and Invincible are similar in that they're very ongoing serial style, so any particular issue can easily be out of context or just mediocre, but when they're on, they're on top of the world. Trades might be better to read of them. You're just getting on the start of the other three, though, and they all look extremely promising.

Another one to try that just started is No Place Like Home, really great writing and art. If you're a fan of long form mysteries you should try out Morning Glories as well, that's probably my favorite read so far. Another great one is Skullkickers, fantasy-humor with really colorful art.

Quote Originally Posted by eDKeener View Post
    Cool! Glad you picked up some books you liked. Peter Panzerfaust is probably my favorite new book right now, followed closely by Saga.

There's still some more good looking Image books coming out soon also.
    Still want to know what "HAPPY!" is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatiko View Post
    Still want to know what "HAPPY!" is about.

You and me both. The teaser is so intriguing.
    Pull List: Saga, Danger Club, Invincible, Chew, Animal Man, Aquaman, Supergirl, Earth 2, Dancer, The Flash, TWD, Before Watchmen, Harbinger, and Swamp Thing

Image is where most of my comic money is going since I got back into comics. Saga is fantastic and getting caught up with Invincible has been really fun!
    Pull List: Ghostbusters, Saga, Invincible, Guarding the Globe, Cyber Force, Hellboy in Hell, Punk Rock Jesus and Happy

SUPER MITTEN!

I have yet to read the second issue of Saga, but the first issue was absolutely phenomenal I can't wait to get to it. I don't even know what kind of creatures or demons they are, but it's good to see something that's not vampires and zombies on the shelf lately.

I stopped reading Invincible... and Astounding Wolf-man/Walkin Dead for the same reason --I'm not a big fan of Kirkman's writing. Having said that I am really enjoying Super Dinosaur with my niece though! Image doesn't have a lot of kid friendly creator owned titles, but this one is worth checking out for sure.

What's Peter Panzerfaust about? I'm intrigued :)

Quote Originally Posted by GI_Jolie View Post
    I have yet to read the second issue of Saga, but the first issue was absolutely phenomenal I can't wait to get to it. I don't even know what kind of creatures or demons they are, but it's good to see something that's not vampires and zombies on the shelf lately.

I stopped reading Invincible... and Astounding Wolf-man/Walkin Dead for the same reason --I'm not a big fan of Kirkman's writing. Having said that I am really enjoying Super Dinosaur with my niece though! Image doesn't have a lot of kid friendly creator owned titles, but this one is worth checking out for sure.

Get Saga #2. Like right now. #3 comes out next week. It is AWESOME.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to track down the first issue of Peter Panzerfaust, but it the mythology and charm of Peter Pan, but it is set during WWII and they are Nazi hunters. I only have #2, so I'm kind of screwed.

Hatin' on Invincible? You best be joking.

Wanderer of Kildre Hill eDKeener's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GI_Jolie View Post

Like Marc said, it has all the whimsy of Peter Pan (no flight though) but it's set in WWII. Except Peter is an american that rescues a bunch of kids from an orphanage in Calais France just as the Germans are over running it and they are trying to escape. So far the first two issues have been great, it starts with a reporter interviewing each of the members of the "Lost Boys" that have reached old age, and then goes back and shows what they are relating to the reporter. It really have been fantastic to read.

Quote Originally Posted by squashmaster View Post
    SD and Invincible are similar in that they're very ongoing serial style, so any particular issue can easily be out of context or just mediocre, but when they're on, they're on top of the world. Trades might be better to read of them. You're just getting on the start of the other three, though, and they all look extremely promising.
    Yeah.. Savage Dragon in particular is a lot more enjoyable from the beginning, and after that there's a few different points where jumping on causes less brain damage.

As much as i'd hate to tell someone not to buy a monthly.. if they had to choose i'd say go back and invest in trades if you ever have the time and money. You're appreciation for the Larsen-verse will grow from there.. until Mr. Glum shows up.. but you've got time til that happens (and he's really not so bad, the lil devil.)
    ------------------------
    Read: Savage Dragon, Invincible, X-Factor, Suicide Squad, The Massive, Scarlet Spider, Extermination, Trio, Danger Club & Atomic Robo

Get your SD fix from the trades which your local library might have for free.