Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by robcastor729 View Post
    Really? Billy Tan. I haven't heard that before
    It's been confirmed.
    https://twitter.com/#!/MarkPaniccia/status/199194680578150400
    Last edited by sage6paths; 05-06-2012 at 03:57 PM.

Man, Billy Tan art really shits on my excitement for this event. I hope he's extremely temporary.
    Comics are more better.

Elder Member

IDK why, but I just realized that Ultimate Fallout #5 had art by Luke Ross and Billy Tan.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    IDK why, but I just realized that Ultimate Fallout #5 had art by Luke Ross and Billy Tan.
    And the Tan portion was HORRENDOUS. I'm not a fan of Luke Ross' wings in that panel but altogether he's pretty good.
    Comics are more better.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    And the Tan portion was HORRENDOUS. I'm not a fan of Luke Ross' wings in that panel but altogether he's pretty good.
    Actually I think that was just the colorists. Both colorists destroyed Luke Ross and Billy Tan artwork for that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Actually I think that was just the colorists. Both colorists destroyed Luke Ross and Billy Tan artwork for that issue.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UF8.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	92928

Hawkeye's torso and Nick Fury's face disagree.
    Comics are more better.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UF8.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	92928

Hawkeye's torso and Nick Fury's face disagree.
    I don't really mind it too much. I don't like it either but his artwork looks a lot like Bryan Hitchs maybe it has something going for it. We will have to wait and see.

BANNED

I agree with the majority that Billy Tan's artwork is not very nice to look at. I've been trying to find faults in his art, thinking that the eyes may look wierd but they don't. In fact, I can't actually see any flaws in his character designs and his environments are fine. So I don't know what it is about Billy Tan's art that I don't like. I just don't like it. It is IMO ugly. Not only that but it worries me. I do not want The Ultimates: DWF to look like that.

I seem to recall that people were worried about Esad Ribic working on the Ultimates, but he more than proved himself the second the first few teaser pages for Ultimates #1 were released. Let's not pass judgement on Tan until we actually see some teaser pages for #13.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    I seem to recall that people were worried about Esad Ribic working on the Ultimates, but he more than proved himself the second the first few teaser pages for Ultimates #1 were released. Let's not pass judgement on Tan until we actually see some teaser pages for #13.
    I agree. Esad Ribic went from:

Ultimate X-Men:

to

Ultimates:

I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

On Vacation

Except Esad Ribic had 10 years to improve his art. If Billy Tan has improved since Ultimate Fallout I might like it. But I seriously doubt he has improved much in about a year .
    Last edited by sage6paths; 05-07-2012 at 08:38 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    I seem to recall that people were worried about Esad Ribic working on the Ultimates, but he more than proved himself the second the first few teaser pages for Ultimates #1 were released.
    And now we're seeing a page from Tan's Ultimates except that (just like you said) Ribic impressed us with his first page and Tan hasn't.
    Let's not pass judgement on Tan until we actually see some teaser pages for #13.
    Well there's a page right there in front of us so...

I don't know what you mean by judgment. It's like you're telling everyone when Judgement Day is. Lol.

I'll remain sceptical until I read the issue, but so far I'm not impressed with what we've seen. After seeing Tan's first 'The Ultimates' page I feel like his artwork is not up to scratch with Ribic's. Are you saying that we don't have the right to analyse Tan's page and evaluate it's quality? Because I believe we do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Except Esad Ribic had 10 years to improve his art. If Billy Tan has improved since Ultimate Fallout I might like it. But I seriously doubt he has improved much in about a year and a half.
    I agree. What's so wrong with evaluating what we've already seen?

IMO, Billy Tan's recent page does not live up to MY expectations. I think it's dreadful when in comparison to Esad's. Anyone else is welcome to disagree but from what we've just seen, Tan hasn't improved enough... IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    And now we're seeing a page from Tan's Ultimates except that (just like you said) Ribic impressed us with his first page and Tan hasn't.

Well there's a page right there in front of us so...
    That's not from Ultimates, though.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Yea I'm not too thrilled about either of these incoming artists. The preview for Ross's art looks pretty shady. We'll see what happens though.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake