Default Web Comic Collective

It's not near live yet, but I'm in the process of setting up a web site upon which myself and other creators will be sharing their creator owned series as webcomics.

The idea is to have weekly updates with each story, but have enough stories so that the content seems to be updating daily.

I know this is not really the newest of ideas, but it is something new for me to be trying out.

I have a couple of shorts up there at the moment, and would love to hear what people think about the page to page navigation.

I'm using Squarespace, and basically it's a bit hacked together - having a journal page set to one item per page, and in reverse chronological order (oldest first, rather than traditional blogging setting of newest entry first).

As there doesn't seem to be any seem-less way of transitioning from page to page, it's basically a case of creating "Previous/Next" hyperlinks within the entry.

Please let me know what you think, thank you -

http://www.monkeypipestudios.com/samurai-billy/

Few thoughts:

- The New Mod Army is sweet.
    - If possible, I think it'd be better to have the Store open in a new tab / window (HTML target="_blank").
    - I'm a bit confused by the presence of a Gallery.
    - I think the header image is twice as tall as it should be. The content gets pushed really far down and that means I have to do a lot of scrolling :(
    - I like the look and feel of it. Simple, well-branded, easy to navigate.

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the reply.

I'll change the store link, good idea.
    The gallery isn't live yet, and may not be necessary. I'll look into that!
    The header is far too big. I've been looking at other sites, and for the most part the "publishing" brand takes second place and is smaller - I'll shrink that down.

Thank you, again - really helpful comments.

Glad to help out :) I'm looking forward to reading all of the comics!!

SUPER MITTEN!

I checked it out yesterday and then again just now and see that the size of the header has changed —awesome.

I'm assuming content is still being loaded as some of the Static Pages, when clicked, contain no content. ('Creators' for example)

Over all I love the layout and look, it's simple and clean and looks great on my mobile device.

Nick/GI - thank you both.

The content is still going up, yes. Of the seven stories we currently have going on, three are completed, one has the first chapter done, and the other three are in the process of going out as pitches, so have between 6-10 pages and covers completed. I'm also waiting to hear on a couple of other stories.

The idea is, when the site goes live (after we've played around with the shorts and tested the layout) we will stagger the releases. Each story will have a weekly update on a specific day, with two weeks between each "release".

The other areas of the site (like the 'creators') are still being built.

Thanks again - glad to hear that the layout is working.

SUPER MITTEN!

awesome! Keep us posted for sure! I know I'll be keeping my eye on this thread.