Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 62
  1. #16
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    Well Smallville ran for ten years.

  2. #17
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Well Smallville ran for ten years.
    yea, But that was on the WB network. If it was on any of the big 3 it would have been canceled a long time ago.

  3. #18
    Member JoeP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada.
    Posts
    517

    Default

    Just give me a 7 or 8 season run of this:


  4. #19
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    Wow, is that the movie costume with Young Justice design?

  5. #20
    Member JoeP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada.
    Posts
    517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Wow, is that the movie costume with Young Justice design?
    I don't know. It's the MOS suit alright, but I'm not sure what the source image is from. I originally saw it in this thread some months ago:
    http://forums.superherohype.com/show...7#post22597267

  6. #21
    Senior Member ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,504

    Default

    It's a still frame from Young Justice with the movie suit photoshopped over it.

    Anyway, sign me up for a t-shirt and jeans Superman cartoon with a strong Golden Age vibe to it.

    Or a bigger than life galaxy spanning, Solaris-fighting, Silver Age inspired epic sprawl of a cartoon.

    Or the Superman of Young Justice given his own solo show.

    Or a cartoon based off the new movie. Assuming the movie turns out to be good, anyway.

    Honestly, as long as its done well, I dont really care. I'll be honest, Superman comics were so terrible for so long, Im a complete wh*re for any quality Superman work, regardless of focus, costume, or tone. So long as its well done and maintains the spirit of the character, I'll eat it happily and beg for more.

    You know, maybe we should start some sort of Occupy Metropolis movement. Demand that DC start doing better in regards to Superman. The comics sucked for a decade. Thats long enough. Time for DC to up their game.

  7. #22
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    Just give me a 7 or 8 season run of this:

    It actually looks much better here then anywhere I have seen it. Great Job.

  8. #23
    Elder Member Mat001's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,997

    Default

    Half of the time since 1992, the trend has been to put out an animated series after a feature film. "Batman: The Animated Series", "The Adventures Of Batman & Robin", "The New Batman/Superman Adventures", "X-Men Evolution", "Wolverine & The X-Men", "Batman: The Brave & The Bold", "Legion Of Super-Heroes", "Fantastic Four" (2006), "Iron Man: Armored Adventures", "Spider-Man" (2003), "The Spectacular Spider-Man" and "Green Lantern: The Animated Series" have all come out the same year or the following year.

    If the precedent for this is the same, I'd expect a Superman announcement either when SDCC hits this year, or in early next year.

  9. #24
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,815

    Default

    Yea, I know I suck and you hate me but I had to do it. I REALLY like the S symbol they used because it is so Golden Age so I added it to make it look more like a Golden Age Superman. Not the best but Paint is all I use.


  10. #25
    Junior Member nsiops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    442

    Default

    I'd love a new superman cartoon. That'd be really fun.
    "Ready When You Are" - Batman

  11. #26
    Veteran Member Fate's Faith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,371

    Default

    I'd like to see one, of course with the DCnU suit. I'd love flashbacks of him in t-shirt and jeans. Team up with the Legion. All the great Superman stuff that reflects the comics through all ages but tells its own story too. And rather full animation but CGI if they must.

  12. #27
    King Kinnikuman George Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Daily Star
    Posts
    390

    Default

    I hope we get one. I'm already annoyed of Batman getting cartoon shows but not Superman, it's been a while since we got a Superman animated series. I agree with those that want a t-shirt and jeans Superman with a GA feeling, but I also would like to see Superman growing into the more sci-fi SA version of the character as the show continues.

  13. #28
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by George Taylor View Post
    I hope we get one. I'm already annoyed of Batman getting cartoon shows but not Superman, it's been a while since we got a Superman animated series. I agree with those that want a t-shirt and jeans Superman with a GA feeling, but I also would like to see Superman growing into the more sci-fi SA version of the character as the show continues.
    I understand people like the shirt and jeans but the debate for years even more so then people not liking the trunks is the Clark Kent identity being stupid because how do you hid his identity behind slick back hair and glasses. Now you have Superman walking around as a normal human being for 6 months of his carrier and Clark Kent working for the Daily Star as a known reporter. I think this makes the problem even more so then ever before as there is no disguise with blue jeans and a t shirt.Very confusing how this accepted now as ok.

  14. #29
    Veteran Member Fate's Faith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    I understand people like the shirt and jeans but the debate for years even more so then people not liking the trunks is the Clark Kent identity being stupid because how do you hid his identity behind slick back hair and glasses. Now you have Superman walking around as a normal human being for 6 months of his carrier and Clark Kent working for the Daily Star as a known reporter. I think this makes the problem even more so then ever before as there is no disguise with blue jeans and a t shirt.Very confusing how this accepted now as ok.
    Doesn't a t-shirt and jeans seem to lend itself to the idea that there is no second identity? I mean, do we walk down the street and every time we see someone with dark hair do we think that's the same person we saw earlier with dark hair? And many times his eyes are glowing with would also cause anyone looking at his face to focus on those instead of how high his cheek bones are. There's always been a little suspension when considering how people couldn't figure out Clark Kent and Superman are the same but then we know the truth. Of course we can't understand this when we are already in on the secret. I think the disguise starts to fall apart when they have him doing something that draws attention to the idea of a dual identity or the constant disappearing while talking to him then Superman showing up.

  15. #30
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fate's Faith View Post
    Doesn't a t-shirt and jeans seem to lend itself to the idea that there is no second identity? I mean, do we walk down the street and every time we see someone with dark hair do we think that's the same person we saw earlier with dark hair? And many times his eyes are glowing with would also cause anyone looking at his face to focus on those instead of how high his cheek bones are. There's always been a little suspension when considering how people couldn't figure out Clark Kent and Superman are the same but then we know the truth. Of course we can't understand this when we are already in on the secret. I think the disguise starts to fall apart when they have him doing something that draws attention to the idea of a dual identity or the constant disappearing while talking to him then Superman showing up.
    Fair enough but when someone who is the talk of the whole world walks around with no secret identity really and is also in the public eye as a star reporter even if his eyes are glowing people are going to put 2 and 2 together.At least with old school Clark he was always for the most part covered from head to toe with his suit hardly ever going into public without it on from the moment he arrived in Metropolis.

    But hey,To each his own way of thinking.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •