Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Well Smallville ran for ten years.

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Well Smallville ran for ten years.
    yea, But that was on the WB network. If it was on any of the big 3 it would have been canceled a long time ago.

Just give me a 7 or 8 season run of this:

BANNED

Wow, is that the movie costume with Young Justice design?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Wow, is that the movie costume with Young Justice design?
    I don't know. It's the MOS suit alright, but I'm not sure what the source image is from. I originally saw it in this thread some months ago:
    http://forums.superherohype.com/show...7#post22597267

It's a still frame from Young Justice with the movie suit photoshopped over it.

Anyway, sign me up for a t-shirt and jeans Superman cartoon with a strong Golden Age vibe to it.

Or a bigger than life galaxy spanning, Solaris-fighting, Silver Age inspired epic sprawl of a cartoon.

Or the Superman of Young Justice given his own solo show.

Or a cartoon based off the new movie. Assuming the movie turns out to be good, anyway.

Honestly, as long as its done well, I dont really care. I'll be honest, Superman comics were so terrible for so long, Im a complete wh*re for any quality Superman work, regardless of focus, costume, or tone. So long as its well done and maintains the spirit of the character, I'll eat it happily and beg for more.

You know, maybe we should start some sort of Occupy Metropolis movement. Demand that DC start doing better in regards to Superman. The comics sucked for a decade. Thats long enough. Time for DC to up their game.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    Just give me a 7 or 8 season run of this:

It actually looks much better here then anywhere I have seen it. Great Job.

Half of the time since 1992, the trend has been to put out an animated series after a feature film. "Batman: The Animated Series", "The Adventures Of Batman & Robin", "The New Batman/Superman Adventures", "X-Men Evolution", "Wolverine & The X-Men", "Batman: The Brave & The Bold", "Legion Of Super-Heroes", "Fantastic Four" (2006), "Iron Man: Armored Adventures", "Spider-Man" (2003), "The Spectacular Spider-Man" and "Green Lantern: The Animated Series" have all come out the same year or the following year.

If the precedent for this is the same, I'd expect a Superman announcement either when SDCC hits this year, or in early next year.

Yea, I know I suck and you hate me but I had to do it. I REALLY like the S symbol they used because it is so Golden Age so I added it to make it look more like a Golden Age Superman. Not the best but Paint is all I use.

I'd love a new superman cartoon. That'd be really fun.
    "Ready When You Are" - Batman

I'd like to see one, of course with the DCnU suit. I'd love flashbacks of him in t-shirt and jeans. Team up with the Legion. All the great Superman stuff that reflects the comics through all ages but tells its own story too. And rather full animation but CGI if they must.

I hope we get one. I'm already annoyed of Batman getting cartoon shows but not Superman, it's been a while since we got a Superman animated series. I agree with those that want a t-shirt and jeans Superman with a GA feeling, but I also would like to see Superman growing into the more sci-fi SA version of the character as the show continues.

Quote Originally Posted by George Taylor View Post
    I hope we get one. I'm already annoyed of Batman getting cartoon shows but not Superman, it's been a while since we got a Superman animated series. I agree with those that want a t-shirt and jeans Superman with a GA feeling, but I also would like to see Superman growing into the more sci-fi SA version of the character as the show continues.
    I understand people like the shirt and jeans but the debate for years even more so then people not liking the trunks is the Clark Kent identity being stupid because how do you hid his identity behind slick back hair and glasses. Now you have Superman walking around as a normal human being for 6 months of his carrier and Clark Kent working for the Daily Star as a known reporter. I think this makes the problem even more so then ever before as there is no disguise with blue jeans and a t shirt.Very confusing how this accepted now as ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    I understand people like the shirt and jeans but the debate for years even more so then people not liking the trunks is the Clark Kent identity being stupid because how do you hid his identity behind slick back hair and glasses. Now you have Superman walking around as a normal human being for 6 months of his carrier and Clark Kent working for the Daily Star as a known reporter. I think this makes the problem even more so then ever before as there is no disguise with blue jeans and a t shirt.Very confusing how this accepted now as ok.
    Doesn't a t-shirt and jeans seem to lend itself to the idea that there is no second identity? I mean, do we walk down the street and every time we see someone with dark hair do we think that's the same person we saw earlier with dark hair? And many times his eyes are glowing with would also cause anyone looking at his face to focus on those instead of how high his cheek bones are. There's always been a little suspension when considering how people couldn't figure out Clark Kent and Superman are the same but then we know the truth. Of course we can't understand this when we are already in on the secret. I think the disguise starts to fall apart when they have him doing something that draws attention to the idea of a dual identity or the constant disappearing while talking to him then Superman showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fate's Faith View Post
    Doesn't a t-shirt and jeans seem to lend itself to the idea that there is no second identity? I mean, do we walk down the street and every time we see someone with dark hair do we think that's the same person we saw earlier with dark hair? And many times his eyes are glowing with would also cause anyone looking at his face to focus on those instead of how high his cheek bones are. There's always been a little suspension when considering how people couldn't figure out Clark Kent and Superman are the same but then we know the truth. Of course we can't understand this when we are already in on the secret. I think the disguise starts to fall apart when they have him doing something that draws attention to the idea of a dual identity or the constant disappearing while talking to him then Superman showing up.
    Fair enough but when someone who is the talk of the whole world walks around with no secret identity really and is also in the public eye as a star reporter even if his eyes are glowing people are going to put 2 and 2 together.At least with old school Clark he was always for the most part covered from head to toe with his suit hardly ever going into public without it on from the moment he arrived in Metropolis.

But hey,To each his own way of thinking.