Hybrid View

Default Will Superman Have a new cartoon show post Man of Steel Movie?

With the Man of steel movie on the works, I was asking myself if we would see soon a new cartoon, inspired in Superman. We had seen how cartoon shows debuts as soon as the movie is close to their cinematographic debut (Spider-man, Batman, Avengers, and so). So, would be logical to see a new cartoon the next year of sooner, if everything go in the right path.
    If this would happen, what would be your choice in a new animated show: CGI or classic animation? Red trunks or DCnU uniform? DC guest stars or just Metropolist cast of friends and foes? Mad scientist Lex or President Lex?

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

I hope so.

I'd like to see a new DCAU ... DCnuAU!

Seriously, a new Supes cartoon would be great perhaps nestled in the DCnU or something else.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

They probably will. I mean, they made a Green lantern cartoon, I don't see any reason for them not to do a Superman one.
    As for me, I will order: classic animation, with a DCNU/ movie inspired uniform, just the Metropolis cast but as many as they can, and mad scientist Lex for the sake of novelty. The whole thing with a Bronze Age/Sci Fi/ Doctor Who feel to it.
    That or a Golden Age inspired Superman, with still classic animation, either the T shirt look or the Golden Age one, just metropolis Cast but twisted to fit into this Golden Age , and probably businessman Lex with a mad scientist secret side. I mean, they made a Batman show based on the Silver Age, why not a Superman based on the Golden?
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

BANNED

We can have a Golden Age inspired Superman with the T-Shirt and everything for the first season and then progress to classic Superman for the second one.

Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    We can have a Golden Age inspired Superman with the T-Shirt and everything for the first season and then progress to classic Superman for the second one.
    We could, although if I had to choose, I would keep him with the T shirt as long as possible, while regulary bringing the idea that he is going to evolve into the classic version of himself (team ups with the future version of himself, meetings with the Legion,.....).
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

I wish they did a continuation on Superman TAS.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    We could, although if I had to choose, I would keep him with the T shirt as long as possible, while regulary bringing the idea that he is going to evolve into the classic version of himself (team ups with the future version of himself, meetings with the Legion,.....).
    I would be okay with one season, but more would be great. I wouldn't be surprised if they went this route, since they probably want to market a Superman that's rough around the edges and kind of badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    That would be awesome.

...probably too awesome to exist.

I second that sooo hard! And let's focus on Superman and his supporting cast, no other heroes this time (or only in cameos), please! Plus a lot of Smallville-flashbacks... And hopefully we'll get to see both Supergirl and Superboy, too. Oh, and definitely not in CGI!

But honestly, as far as I'm concerned, I'd be happy with any take on Superman - I just want a new Supes cartoon, that is all.

PS. But the red trunks have to stay! A movie about Superman who doesn't wear them is enough (Kidding... Kind of!)
    Last edited by Starry; 05-05-2012 at 11:05 AM.

Classic animation. Rad Trunks. Primarily Metropolis Friends and Foes, guest stars limited to two per season if 13 episode seasons , 4 per season if 26 episode seasons. Mad scientist Lex.

Theme: Classic Superman

Environments includes: Metropolis, Smallville, Fortress of Solitude, Bottle City of Kandor, Krypton (reminiscent of classic "Superman Returns to Krypton", Superman #141), Phantom Zone, Lexor

Cast: Superman / Clark Kent, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Perry White, Lana Lang, Pete Ross, Lucy Lane, Supergirl / Kara Zor-El / Linda Danvers, with regular flashbacks with Jonathan & Martha Kent, and Jor-El and Lara. Others, according to environment / storyline.

Super-Pets, from most regularly used to sporadically used: Krypto the Super Dog, Streaky the Super Cat, Comet the Super Horse, Beppo the Super Monkey

Villains: Lex Luthor, Mister Mxyzptlk, Brainiac, Toymen (Winslow Schott and Jack Nimball), Prankster, SKULL, Atomic Skull, Metallo, Parasite, Master Jailer, Terra-Man, Phantom Zone Criminals (General Zod, Jax-Ur, Kru-El, Faora), Kryptonite Man, others, according to environment / storyline.

Misunderstood characters: Bizarros, Titano
    Last edited by ngroove; 05-04-2012 at 10:33 PM.

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women." - Conan