Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
    If we ever do get a Spider-Man film from Marvel Studios, I'd like to see it be the adult Peter Parker we have in 616.
    Screw you !! I dont want to see another contemporary spider-man, make a period movie of spider-man in the 60s or 80s, now that would be a movie to watch !
    Seriously i really would like to see a spider-man movie spanning through 20 years of spider-man,then he gets old and cmbmool can finally have his spider-girl movie of sorts with peter donning the mantle to his kid.

Adult and contemporary are not synonyms!? I'd be happy with an adult Spider-Man set in a past period. I don't want Pete old however, just the way he has been in 616 since the time I became a SM fan (1982). I do think the best time to do a period Spider-Man movie was Raimi's trilogy, since those movies were essentially Silver Age and would have easily fit in that decade. The 1980s is interesting because it's "my" decade. But I'm not sure it would add anything to the stories. It could definitely be used effectively for characters like Daredevil, since his Hell's Kitchen no longer exists, and Cloak & Dagger, since their Times Square doesn't either.
    His memory's gone! Or...is it? It's not hard to fake amnesia! The Goblin is capable of anything!

BANNED

"'d like to see it be the adult Peter Parker we have in 616." -
    your words,that makes him a contemporary peter,you didnt say an adult peter.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    "David Walton", I agree with you! Is Marvel Studios disappointed they dont have the rights to their flagship character
    Yes, yes they are.

But hindsight's 20/20. No one knew in 2000 that superhero movies would be this huge today, and Sony and Fox both played their part in setting the public up for the Avengers franchise.

Funny to think that Marvel didn't want their name connected to the original Blade film because they thought it would hurt sales.

The times, they are a' changin'!
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton