Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Anyone know the song they used in the trailer? It's super familiar but I can't pinpoint it.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    Good to know. I'm 28 but have lost touch with the high school crowd. So sad.
    It's cool. I don't think I can relate to kids today either.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Never mind. I thought it was glitch mob and i was right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su-RWdBlECI
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyG316 View Post
    "The only thing I care about, more than anything, is finding out about my parents!" You know...I'm starting to wonder if uncle ben (peter's favorite rice sellin uncle) dies? Every time I see a trailer for this I find my self simutaniously excited and disappointed. Liek everyoen else, I think the humor is good, liek the web swinging, and want to bash my head in becuase of the liberties beign taken. I'm just goign to look forward to the Hobbit thus summer ...
    Him dying is one of the points marvel will not concede, and there is a scene with gwen and umbrella, pretty sure that is a funeral for benjamin, as you can see gwen looking up.

BTW how do you guys figure gwen will find out ? do you think she will see him going back home through the window and comiing back as spider-man ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I'm just going to say it.

If they really go down this "destiny" route, this movie will be a failure.
    "Failure" as in "makes lots of money and is generally well-received, but kinda gets forgotten (a la Superman Returns)"? Or "failure" as in "critical and financial flop"?

'Cause I gotta tell ya, it's gonna be a hit. I don't think the general public is going to be upset enough by a minor origin change to shun this movie.

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    "Failure" as in "makes lots of money and is generally well-received, but kinda gets forgotten (a la Superman Returns)"? Or "failure" as in "critical and financial flop"?

'Cause I gotta tell ya, it's gonna be a hit. I don't think the general public is going to be upset enough by a minor origin change to shun this movie.
    I'm getting major Green Lantern vibes from this. Obviously it will open bigger because it's Spider-Man but I don't see "massive hit" like what Avengers or Dark Knight Rises will bring.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

I'm getting major Green Lantern vibes from this. Obviously it will open bigger because it's Spider-Man but I don't see "massive hit" like what Avengers or Dark Knight Rises will bring.
    I'd say it won't for pretty obvious reasons. Regardless of how Spider-man 3 made big bucks it's critical reception was still pretty tepid.

Add in the fact that it's a reboot of a still fairly well-received franchise. Let's ignore that those films don't hold up all that well (my opinion of course).

Add in the lack of big name stars. Sure Spider-man is one of the biggest superheroes in terms of global popularity, but for the people who still remember Raimi's Spider-man, they need that extra push.

As long as they don't toss logic out the window or give the story enough room to breathe it should be fine by Spider-man standards. I expect it to actually do less than any of the films in the original trilogy but I don't think it will do anywhere as poorly as GL did, which somehow managed to completely squander a $200 million production budget.

Quote Originally Posted by spideybr View Post
    Him dying is one of the points marvel will not concede, and there is a scene with gwen and umbrella, pretty sure that is a funeral for benjamin, as you can see gwen looking up.
    Yeah. Only two major characters can die in this film - Stacy or Parker. I think I remember a still a while back of better watching the procession from afar.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    I'd say it won't for pretty obvious reasons. Regardless of how Spider-man 3 made big bucks it's critical reception was still pretty tepid.

Add in the fact that it's a reboot of a still fairly well-received franchise. Let's ignore that those films don't hold up all that well (my opinion of course).

Add in the lack of big name stars. Sure Spider-man is one of the biggest superheroes in terms of global popularity, but for the people who still remember Raimi's Spider-man, they need that extra push.

As long as they don't toss logic out the window or give the story enough room to breathe it should be fine by Spider-man standards. I expect it to actually do less than any of the films in the original trilogy but I don't think it will do anywhere as poorly as GL did, which somehow managed to completely squander a $200 million production budget.
    Obviously this is going to do better than Green Lantern. And I think a lot of people are REALLY hoping for the best after the critical reception of Spider-Man 3. And people look at the webshooters and Gwen Stacy and think that's all it will take. But I wouldn't be surprised, based off of the vibe I am getting, that this one ends up being received worse than Spider-Man 3 (critically-speaking). That it will essentially be the Spider-Man version of Green Lantern.

It will have a pretty good opening. But then it will flicker out quickly. It just feels like an also-ran in between Avengers and Batman.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Movie looks like fun to me. No one is going to care about 'destiny' outside of comic book readers, and even then.

It won't be GL-level. Not remotely close. Probably won't make as much as Avengers, but I expect it to be the third biggest movie behind Dark Knight Rises.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Hopefully the "destiny" stuff is BS.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Movie looks like fun to me. No one is going to care about 'destiny' outside of comic book readers, and even then.

It won't be GL-level. Not remotely close. Probably won't make as much as Avengers, but I expect it to be the third biggest movie behind Dark Knight Rises.
    3rd? I can't see it. Not with the new Pixar movie (Brave).

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Hopefully the "destiny" stuff is BS.
    I agree. Hate it when they start just tacking on "destiny" to give a story some deeper meaning that isn't there.

My Facebook page

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Brave is going to do well, but worldwide ticket sales is going to go to Spider-Man in that contest.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

when is that out?

Also is it wrong that im really excited about Men in Black 3? (yes I know 2 was terrible.)

The trailer looks fine to me. I'm excited.
    His memory's gone! Or...is it? It's not hard to fake amnesia! The Goblin is capable of anything!