Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Another concern I have based on the trailer. Now I know not to base my impressions of a films score on a trailer. They tend to use stock music for those, but a good score can enhance a film tremendously, so I'm hoping they have a decent one. The Raimi Spider-man films had good music that really served to give the films a grander feel. The score in Arnie's original Conan film is one of the true highlights that push it past last year's remake.

Superhero films need stuff like this since they're pretty much our modern myths. They're supposed to be these epic struggles between opposing forces, and a quality musical selection really helps to sell that.
    Raimi movie had a soundtrack ? I cant remember a single one, in fact i though the lack of soundtrack was one of raimi trilogy biggest fails. And LOL at the DCnaut coming here complaining about trailer song.

Here is my review of the new Spider-Man trailer. Spider-Man skateboards. Ugh. It's not the 90's people. Please stop forcing stupid things on the character to look cool.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    And guess what, folks...spoilers:
    http://badassdigest.com/2012/05/03/t...pideys-origin/
    ...it appears that this film really IS taking it's cues from Ang Lee's Hulk:

end of spoilers

I was getting the impression of this just by the narrative the trailers have been giving. Also the hints with the DNA stuff. Ugh...very sad.

I reviewed the first trailer on my site and people came at me yelling, "how dare you say spider-man is bad!!!" I suspect my review of the film won't be all favorable and more fans will yell at me. Sigh.
    Last edited by nosocialize100; 05-04-2012 at 06:52 AM.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    Here is my review of the new Spider-Man trailer. Spider-Man skateboards. Ugh. It's not the 90's people. Please stop forcing stupid things on the character to look cool.
    Believe it or not skateboards are actually in with youth today. I live in the MD/DC area, and I see a lot of teenagers on skateboards.

So while it's not the 90s, it is 2012.
    Last edited by BrotherUnitNo_4; 05-04-2012 at 07:00 AM.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by spideybr View Post
    Raimi movie had a soundtrack ? I cant remember a single one, in fact i though the lack of soundtrack was one of raimi trilogy biggest fails. And LOL at the DCnaut coming here complaining about trailer song.
    It only really comes to life with the scenes where he's just swinging through the city at the end of the films.

But there is a theme that runs through the film. Even in Spider-man 3, Sandman had one.

BANNED

Q: Outside of the main story, how much of a global view do we get of Spider-Man's universe?
    Webb: We spent a lot of time with the writers, coming up with a backstory and a world that could hold different stories if the series is ongoing. We plucked things from different versions. We took some stuff from "Ultimate." We took some stuff from the old "Amazing Spider-Mans" and then we invented certain other things to make it interesting. Like, Gwen Stacy, for example, I looked more towards "The Amazing Spider-Man" because I just like the texture of her character in those than in "Ultimate." I thought it was more appropriate for Peter. Whereas the body language in a lot of the [Mark] Bagley art I thought made really great reference points in terms of creating the physical identity of Spider-Man.
    Mark Bagley again !! i knew those poses were familiar, as much as people claim romita sr and mcfarlene defined and redefined spider-man, MB is on everyone's mind, most games featured art inspired or done by him.

I watched for the first time the 3d trailer of the new Spider-Man movie before watching the Avengers movie.
    And is cool to see that the jokes Spidey say in comics were well made in the movie.
    The Special effects look cool as well.
    So now i am even more lookng forward the movie that i was.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    I watched for the first time the 3d trailer of the new Spider-Man movie before watching the Avengers movie.
    And is cool to see that the jokes Spidey say in comics were well made in the movie.
    The Special effects look cool as well.
    So now i am even more lookng forward the movie that i was.
    I read your post in the voice of gruff WWII-vet Fury.

I read your post in the voice of gruff WWII-vet Fury.
    Lol.

Speaking of Fury,what have hapened to him?Its been a while since i have seen him in a 616 marvel story,is Fury really getting replaced by a younger version in the Battle Scars series?
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Lol.

Speaking of Fury,what have hapened to him?Its been a while since i have seen him in a 616 marvel story,is Fury really getting replaced by a younger version in the Battle Scars series?
    Fury is appearing in an upcoming issue/arc of Defenders. So look there for your fix. And yes, he does have a little Nick Jr. who's becoming an agent of SHIELD.

Fury is appearing in an upcoming issue/arc of Defenders. So look there for your fix. And yes, he does have a little Nick Jr. who's becoming an agent of SHIELD.
    Thanks for the info.
    Fury apearing in Defenders is cool,one of my favorite super hero team comic book since issue one.
    Cool to se that for a change Nick Fury is apearing in many comics now and have one of the major role in the Avengers movie

This looks freaking awesome in 3D. I'm pretty sure they are going about it in the right way, in only using it to enhance certain shots very specifically. And they are using that special 3d camera or whatever. and they really aren't trying to be super-in-your-face with it. There's no way I'm not seeing this is 3d. Although I'm glad that it'll still be cool in 2d.

"The only thing I care about, more than anything, is finding out about my parents!" You know...I'm starting to wonder if uncle ben (peter's favorite rice sellin uncle) dies? Every time I see a trailer for this I find my self simutaniously excited and disappointed. Liek everyoen else, I think the humor is good, liek the web swinging, and want to bash my head in becuase of the liberties beign taken. I'm just goign to look forward to the Hobbit thus summer ...
    Decided to not read posts that contain the words marriage, OMD, BND, and Mephisto. Why? I'm tired of it.

Quote Originally Posted by spideybr View Post
    The one piece I thought that really made the movie soundtrack was Danny Elfman's Spider-Man Suite. It's pretty epic. I'd like them to use that for this movie, but I doubt that'll happen. Hopefully they use something just as good.

Believe it or not skateboards are actually in with youth today. I live in the MD/DC area, and I see a lot of teenagers on skateboards.

So while it's not the 90s, it is 2012.
    Good to know. I'm 28 but have lost touch with the high school crowd. So sad.