Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    It's more like Valve caused the company to go out of business.
    No, they said it was Bloodlines, the game took longer than expected to develop, and didn't sell well, and they sort of had all their eggs in that basket.
    Edit: And yes, i know the story about Valve and them having to delay the release, but heres the deal with that. The game was kind of a buggy mess, i remember because i bought it when it came out, and it got a bad rep for being a bug riddled game. They had extra development time because they had to hold back release, which means if it came out before Half Life 2 it may have been even more broken.
    So, if anything, Valve helped them.
    Last edited by Alex; 05-05-2012 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    No, they said it was Bloodlines, the game took longer than expected to develop, and didn't sell well, and they sort of had all their eggs in that basket.
    Edit: And yes, i know the story about Valve and them having to delay the release, but heres the deal with that. The game was kind of a buggy mess, i remember because i bought it when it came out, and it got a bad rep for being a bug riddled game. They had extra development time because they had to hold back release, which means if it came out before Half Life 2 it may have been even more broken.
    So, if anything, Valve helped them.
    They've said it was because Valve made them hold the game back.

It also wasn't a buggy mess, you seem to be thinking of The Temple of Elemental Evil; I also got the game when it first came out and don't remember running into any bugs, besides some animations in the opening cinematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    They've said it was because Valve made them hold the game back.

It also wasn't a buggy mess, you seem to be thinking of The Temple of Elemental Evil; I also got the game when it first came out and don't remember running into any bugs, besides some animations in the opening cinematic.
    You must have played a different game, a game that didn't rely on fan patches to work.
    All the reviews mentioned it being buggy. They even said they patched it during the time between original release and the valve inforced wait.
    I don't see how it coming out after would have made it sell better at all. Aside from the fact that half life 2 was a much better game, if people were going to buy the game they were going to buy it.

I mean, maybe they shouldn't have used a game engine they never figured out how to work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    You must have played a different game, a game that didn't rely on fan patches to work.
    All the reviews mentioned it being buggy. They even said they patched it during the time between original release and the valve inforced wait.
    I don't see how it coming out after would have made it sell better at all. Aside from the fact that half life 2 was a much better game, if people were going to buy the game they were going to buy it.

I mean, maybe they shouldn't have used a game engine they never figured out how to work properly.

I didn't have any pataches and the game worked just fine. I just looked at some reviews for the game and they didn't really say anthing about it being buggy, they do talk about the AI though. Again, I think you're thinking of reviews for The Temple of Elemental Evil, which all talked about how buggy that game was...it was part of the reason I never ended up buying that game.

It did come out after Half-Life 2.

Quote Originally Posted by king arthas View Post
    What do you think the 3 factions will be? I think it will be the Empire, Thalmoor, and maybe Hammerfel since I think they seceded from the Empire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubergine~! View Post
    Nah, the game is apparently set 1000 years before Skyrim's events, during the Oblivion Crisis.

I'd assume the factions will be Empire, Oblivion forces, and something else. No idea what though.
    According to here they are

In terms of set-up there will be three player faction, each with three associated races, while the Imperials will be the enemies to all. For the Ebonheart Pact there's the Nords, Dunmer, and Argoninans; for the Aldmeri Dominion there's the Altmer, Bosmer, and Khajit; and for the Daggerfall Covenant you get Bretons, Redguard, and Orcs.
    Upcoming artist or writer? Want somewhere to share your work? Welcome to the Artists and Writers Showcase!!

Wait, does this mean I don't get to be an Imperial?
    My Yu-Gi-Oh! card
    My magic card
    Magic The Gathering: Evil Ryu

Fear me.
    And my serpent.

The Seven Sins of Star Wars

1: Yoda can beat God
    2: Blaster pistols can blow up planets
    3: Lighsabers are as hot as the sun
    4: Luke Skywalker can move black holes
    5: Star Destroyers can blow up planets
    6: Darth Sidious rips Superman's head off
    7: General Grevious has Force TK

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is not canon to anything. Nor is the new Clone Wars movie.

Kind of concerned. Think they should have done a 4 player multiplayer first. Anyways awhile back someone told me Darkfall was like a Elders Scroll meets a MMO. So I checked out the videos and it looks good but the player vs player combats looks stupid. Everyone jumps around and swings swords running back and forth. Hopefully they can pull together a good combat system.

http://www.darkfallonline.com/
    “When ambition ends, happiness begins.” Thomas Merton