Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Just released - the 50th episode of DRT's his-and-hers detective series, Black Jack Justice!

Black Jack Justice - Episode 50 - Two is Too Many

They say that you can have too much of a good thing, my friends, and that is certainly true. There are few things in the world so wonderful that custom cannot stale their infinite variety. And when it comes to the subject of Hawthornes... well, perhaps Two is Too Many!
    My Audio Drama Blog

Decoder Ring Theatre:
    Home of the Red Panda and Black Jack Justice

Decoder Ring Theatre news for today:

The audiobook version of the first "Tales of the Red Panda" pulp adventure novel, "The Crime Cabal" is now available from Audible.com. The audiobook is read by Gregg Taylor, the author, creator and voice of the Red Panda. The other two "Tales of the Red Panda" novels should be available from Audible in the near future.

Audible: "Tales of the Red Panda - The Crime Cabal"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51sYc88LbIL._SL175_.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	102983
    My Audio Drama Blog

Decoder Ring Theatre:

Newest episode of the Red Panda is available now.

Red Panda Adventures - Episode 87 - The Missing Links

The city is held in a grip of terror as ordinary men and women go missing in a series of freakish electrical storms. Is it an occult menace? A Nazi plot against the city? Or is there something even more bizzare behind the attack of... The Missing Links!
    My Audio Drama Blog

Decoder Ring Theatre:

New Black Jack Justice available now:

Black Jack Justice - Episode 51 - Those Who Wait

It is said by some that good things come to Those Who Wait. It’s an interesting idea, and like most interesting ideas, it’s sufficiently vague as to be effectively meaningless. We all wait, therefore we each see ourselves as the potential recipient of the aforementioned good things. And we find this good, so the adage becomes a truism. Thing is, as comforting as it is, it ain’t quite true.
    My Audio Drama Blog

Decoder Ring Theatre:

Now ready for download - the newest episode of the Red Panda Adventures. This one is being described as DRT's "Doctor Who-iest episode ever."

Red Panda Adventures - Episode 88 - The Last Flight of the Valkyrie

These days even the arrival of old friends almost always seems to mean trouble. They never seem to show up without news of some new doomsday menace, hurtling through the sky at terrible speed. Will the Red Panda and the Flying Squirrel catch The Last Flight of the Valkyrie?
    My Audio Drama Blog

Decoder Ring Theatre:

New episode of Black Jack Justice available for download today.

Black Jack Justice - Episode 52 - The More Things Change

There are certain immutable laws that govern the universe, and to put them to the test is a waste of time. To employ the firm of Justice and Dixon to do so on your behalf will cost you the sum of $39.99 a day and leave you sadder, but wiser, than you were when you came in the door.
    My Audio Drama Blog

Decoder Ring Theatre:

Besides today's new episode of Black Jack Justice, the big news is from Decoder Ring Theatre's Facebook page - COMICS!. Coming in late-February 2013, Monkeybrain Comics presents "Mask of the Red Panda," a 3 issue digital comic miniseries via Comixology.

What we know so far - each issue will be 32 pages for $0.99. It will be an all-new Red Panda adventure written by Gregg Taylor (as every Red Panda story is) with art by Dean Kotz. A possible print version of the series will likely depend on digital sales.

After 88 episodes of radio adventures and three pulp novels (with a fourth coming soon), I, for one, am very excited to see "Canada's Greatest Super Hero" finally appear in an honest-to-goodness comic.

Here is the first preview image of the Flying Squirrel from the comic:

Name:	MotRP01.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	105727
    Last edited by MadMikeyD; 12-14-2012 at 12:53 PM.
    My Audio Drama Blog

Decoder Ring Theatre:

New "Mask of the Red Panda" information leaked by Gregg Taylor - the comic story will be set in 1934, around the middle of season 2 (during the classic "Yes, Boss" era of the show), sometime after episode 17 (Merlin's Tomb). That won't mean much to non-listeners, but it may give possible plot hints to devotees of the series.
    My Audio Drama Blog

Decoder Ring Theatre:

"Mask of the Red Panda" comic teaser image #2 - the Red Panda and Flying Squirrel:

Name:	Panda Squirrel.jpg 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	106001

New info from Gregg Taylor: the comic is going to be black & white.
    My Audio Drama Blog

Decoder Ring Theatre:

As they ready the Mask of the Red Panda comic, here is a new episode of the Red Panda to help tide you over...

Red Panda Adventures - episode 89 - The Lost Sheep

The tempest of war has carried many of the Red Panda's allies far from the field of his private war for justice. But even after so many years of seeing the best, boldest and brightest torn away, some wounds are impossible to bear. How far will the Flying Squirrel go to save... The Lost Sheep?
    My Audio Drama Blog

Decoder Ring Theatre:

In other Decoder Ring Theatre news, Gregg Taylor's newest novel is out right now in ebook format, with a print version to be available soon from Amazon.

"Finn's Golem" is a sci-fi/detective story following private investigator Drake Finn. The book expands on the premise from Taylor's one-off audio drama "I.D.0," and is unrelated to either the Red Panda or Black Jack Justice. Taylor claims this is the third, final, and best version of the story (the "I.D.0" audio drama was second, an unfinished video series titled "Clean Slate" was first).

You can hear the audio drama version here:
    Decoder Ring Showcase - I.D.0

The "Finn's Golem" ebook is available here:
    Smashwords
    Kindle

Name:	41HzQQOORWL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight.jpg 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	106625
    My Audio Drama Blog

Decoder Ring Theatre:

The newest episode of Black Jack Justice is now available. This is one of the best episodes yet.

Black Jack Justice - episode 53 - The Late Mr. Justice

Really, if you think about it, we are all just waiting to die. From the moment of birth, in a perpetual holding pattern to shuffle off this mortal coil sooner or later. Most of the time it doesn't bear thinking about. But then the wait suddenly becomes a whole lot less theoretical than it used to be.
    My Audio Drama Blog

Decoder Ring Theatre:

The newest episode of the Red Panda is now available for download!

Red Panda Adventures - episode 90 - The Honoured Dead

An artifact stolen in the nearly-forgotten past may hold a secret badly needed for the Allied war effort. With the help of an old friend, the Red Panda and the Flying Squirrel may have the key to unlock this puzzle, but first they must run the gauntlet of… The Honoured Dead!
    My Audio Drama Blog

Decoder Ring Theatre:

Also, the DRT news page has shared this look at the cover of Mask of the Red Panda #1, coming Feb 27 from MonkeyBrain and Comixology.

Name:	rsz_motrp_1.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	108011
    My Audio Drama Blog

Decoder Ring Theatre:

I'm posting a little late, but the Season 8 finale of Black Jack Justice is available for download now:

Black Jack Justice - episode 54 - The Empty Desk

They say that familiarity breeds contempt, and history suggests that's pretty true. But what about a Girl Detective on her own in the big, bad city? What's the end result of that equation? When Trixie Dixon is ready to find out she can always ask The Empty Desk.

(Starting next month, Black Jack Justice will be replaced by Chris Schweizer's Crogan Adventures, based on his graphic novel series of the same name. Crogan will run through August on the 15th of each month.)
    My Audio Drama Blog

Decoder Ring Theatre: