Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by GarbageMan View Post
    I think it's funny people are talking trash on Robinson when they haven't actually read some of his stuff. And everyone always points out CfJ(which, while not great, certainly wasn't as bad as people say. There have been much worse out there recently), and everyone seems to forget Starman and the epic that is was. This issue was great. After a slump with Superman and JLA, I feel Robinson is back on his A-game
    And I wish people would stop bringing up "Starman" as an example the Robinson is a good writer.

That ended how long ago? It's like saying an actress is good at playing a high school student even ten years later because she use to play that part in the past.

I suffered through almost all of his JLA run, and no matter how much you argue editorial interference and what not, those issues were painful to read from even the dialogue stand point. Nobody held a gun to his head and forced him to write such painful garbage for Donna and the others.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And I wish people would stop bringing up "Starman" as an example the Robinson is a good writer.

That ended how long ago? It's like saying an actress is good at playing a high school student even ten years later because she use to play that part in the past.

I suffered through almost all of his JLA run, and no matter how much you argue editorial interference and what not, those issues were painful to read from even the dialogue stand point. Nobody held a gun to his head and forced him to write such painful garbage for Donna and the others.
    Which is why I bring up The Shade, which is being written now.

(And no one held a gun to your head and forced you to read his run. If you didn't like it, you should've dropped it.)

Formerly GarbageMan

Starman ended in 01. Not that long ago if you think about it. Not to mention The Golden Age, various JSA titles and many others, he is a good writer. I didn't defend JLA at all. Yes, it was not that great. Was it terrible? No, as I said there have been much worse written comics out there recently. And have you even read Starman? Its utterly fantastic. And the Shade mini going on right now is as well. So no, I will not stop bringing up Starman as an example. If it was written 40 years ago, then your point is valid. 11 years is not that long ago. Every writer writes crap every once in a while, its just how it is. You can't base one not so great book off their entire career.

Nah. I mean, they need to do that, otherwise they'll have people saying thta Robinson didn't actually wrote it and it's all a conspiracy etc etc. I saw that.

Well, I thought his Blackest Night tie-in was pretty great despite the art (BagleyARGH). For rest, yeah, I can kind of agree.

Quote Originally Posted by GarbageMan View Post
    And have you even read Starman? Its utterly fantastic.
    Well, since I was pretty much a regular reader between Crisis on Infinite Earths until about a year after Zero Hour, yes, I have read some of Starman. What I read was enjoyable. (And, by the way, prior to CoIE, I was a regular reader of many DC and Marvel books from around 1972 - 1983ish, when money got tight after college.)

But anything new I read of his when I started getting back into comic books again (2009-2010) until the start of the DCnU seemed like guano.