Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 350
  1. #181
    Senior Member darkseidpwns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HXHAlex View Post
    I don't need a Bat film with 3+ villains in it. But a franchise of movies that allows you to have a Bane that uses venom, allows you to do Clayface, or tell a story with Dr. Hurt and his demon summoning habits, would be nice
    Bane has'nt used venom since Knightfall unless you count Finch's horrid TDK series,and Nolan's Bane will be using a chemical that kills pain,now go read the original venom storyline written by O'Neal where you'll find that venom DID infact do that.

    Comic writers need to get Clayface right first,how many are there exactly? OH YEAH THERE ARE 8 FLIPPING CLAYFACES AND ONLY 1 DECENT STORY.

    Dr Hurt's demon summoning antics could easily work in Nolans world.

  2. #182
    Veteran Member Dr. Hurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Death by Mime View Post
    This is it. This is your problem. You think Nolan is standing in the way of a Justice League movie being made because he has a vision he wants to follow with his movies. I mean, of course DC will eventually make a Justice League movie, and if it's any good I will welcome it. But you do in fact want Nolan to give you dumber movies, because you want all DC movies to "work together" for no good reason. You're not critiquing his movies for having poor choreography, you're criticizing his movies because Batman's poor fight choreography means he can't possibly keep up in a fight with Superman!

    It is you, you are the insufferable critic who wants everything to conform to your standards.
    Of course i want the movies to conform to my standards. That would increase my enjoyment. But i am not the one trying to impose his opinion on others, tell them what to enjoy, and what they should think about these movies. That is you.

    So good day to you sir, i'll continue to wish for a DC movieverse.


  3. #183
    Senior Member darkseidpwns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    I was that guy and i mentioned Arkham City because it brings Batman and his world to life. I didnt mention it for it's plot or anything else. It's a videogame.
    No objections there. AC Bane was probably the worst part of the game.
    Translation: "I've never read a comic book about Catwoman and i'm talking out of my ass to support Nolan."
    Read the Great Darkness Saga or Final Crisis.

    In any case it's not about Darkseid, it's about the JL, whether they fight Darkseid, or Mongul, or Brainiac, or Lex Luthor.
    I've read plenty of comics with Catwoman and it was'nt the Catwoman comics that I was criticizing to even begin with.
    GDS was a Legion story(emphasis on LEGION) written 30 years ago,time to grow up.
    Read FC too and if you expect that to make it to the screen then you need your head examined.

  4. #184
    Senior Member HXHAlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post

    Dr Hurt's demon summoning antics could easily work in Nolans world.
    Incorrect, there is no hint at any supernatural side to Nolans universe

  5. #185
    Veteran Member Dr. Hurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Dr Hurt's demon summoning antics could easily work in Nolans world.
    So you admit that Nolan's world is more restrictive than the comics one right? We have to examine what can or cant work just like you just did.

  6. #186
    Senior Member darkseidpwns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    It actually did.
    The Chinese have joined Al-Qaeda? OMG.

  7. #187
    Senior Member darkseidpwns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    So you admit that Nolan's world is more restrictive than the comics one right? We have to examine what can or cant work just like you just did.
    This applies not just to Nolan but to virtually every adaptation,the degree varies of course.

  8. #188
    Senior Member darkseidpwns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HXHAlex View Post
    Incorrect, there is no hint at any supernatural side to Nolans universe
    Yeah and Hurt was destroying galaxies with his magic?(sarcasm)C'mon now.He was revealed to be a deluded fool.

  9. #189
    Veteran Member Dr. Hurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    I've read plenty of comics with Catwoman and it was'nt the Catwoman comics that I was criticizing to even begin with.
    So why would you hail Nolan's catwoman for having a character as opposed to being just a bimbo for fanservice?

    I mean if you know there's more to her than that why would say what you said?
    GDS was a Legion story(emphasis on LEGION) written 30 years ago,time to grow up.
    Your point was about Darkseid, not who he was fighting.

    "Also, the Odyssey was written 2500 years ago,time to grow up."
    See how bad that was?
    Read FC too and if you expect that to make it to the screen then you need your head examined.
    Again, your point was about Darkseid's treatment in comics and i presented you with a story where he wasnt jobbed to superman.

  10. #190
    Senior Member Death by Mime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Of course i want the movies to conform to my standards. That would increase my enjoyment. But i am not the one trying to impose his opinion on others, tell them what to enjoy, and what they should think about these movies. That is you.

    So good day to you sir, i'll continue to wish for a DC movieverse.

    I am not telling you what to enjoy, fyi, I am telling you my opinions. You say your opinions, and that's fine, but when I share mine (and we disagree) I am "imposing" mine on yours? Wow, funny how that works.

  11. #191
    Senior Member Death by Mime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    So why would you hail Nolan's catwoman for having a character as opposed to being just a bimbo for fanservice?

    I mean if you know there's more to her than that why would say what you said?
    .
    He was criticizing Catwoman in Arkham City, jesus, keep track of your own conversations.

  12. #192
    Veteran Member Dr. Hurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Death by Mime View Post
    I am not telling you what to enjoy, fyi, I am telling you my opinions. You say your opinions, and that's fine, but when I share mine (and we disagree) I am "imposing" mine on yours? Wow, funny how that works.
    You've already called me and my opinions stupid, obnoxious and insufferable.

    You also have a problem with me wanting a DC movieverse. I'd also like a Ferrari and a villa by the sea. Got any problems with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Death by Mime View Post
    He was criticizing Catwoman in Arkham City, jesus, keep track of your own conversations.
    And i only mentioned it for it's atmosphere and aesthetics. Jesus.

  13. #193
    Senior Member Death by Mime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,207

    Default

    Oh no, I think your opinions are dumb, clearly I am totally imposing my opinions on you. Your free will is being gradually eroded by my distaste for your positions. Soon you will becoming nothing more than a puppet of my will.

  14. #194
    Senior Member suss2it's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Obviously. His Batman run is a huge metatext about Batman's character and the way he was treated throughout his history, while trying to undo the damage they did to him during the 90ies.

    But his story still can be adapted on the big screen in my opinion. It would take some retooling but it could be done. Also, his JLA was much more straightforwand. Particularly his first storty with the White Martians is a story that is begging to be adapted on film.
    They kinda adapted that storyline for the series premiere of Justice League.

    Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    The Chinese have joined Al-Qaeda? OMG.
    Back in the 60s yeah it was the Vietcong (I think), but ever since the 2006 story, "Extremis" by Ellis and Granov, it was retconned into Al-Queda being the ones that abducted him.

  15. #195
    Senior Member Death by Mime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    So anyway these posters think that they get to choose what people should like and what DC should do with their properties. According to them DC shouldnt make a JL movie because they say so. Because they are the avantguard of movie critics and only movies they approve of should be made.
    "You want movie X to be made? Well bad luck kiddo, we dont approve."
    "You want a Batman Beyond movie? Hm, let me see if i approve.... Yeah, we can do it with normal film instead of digital, no 3D, shoot it in IMAX, add pretentious themes about the future and blah, blah, blah, so your silly Batman movie about a teenager that becomes batman can be masked and presented as a serious film for serious moviegoers such as ourselves."

    At the end of the day when i'm asking for a Batman Beyond movie, i'm expressing my desire to see it adapted, not used as a tool to present some theme about the future, or the urban environment, or the evolution of the family structure throughout time, or this and that. That can come and be added on later to give the movie some depth. Why can Harry Potter or the LotR movies combine everything together but Batman cant?
    See here, you and your ilk are the ones saying DC ought to do this or DC ought to do that. I am saying the Marvel movies were terrible and shallow, not that they shouldn't have been made.

    But you don't understand what you want. You don't understand how anything works. You want to adapt what? You want to adapt a multi-episode serial cartoon show? You want to adapt decades worth of Batman comic issues? Uh, the reason Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings can have fairly literal adaptations is because they are relatively short, self-contained series that have a single overarching story! Batman Beyond doesn't, so in making that movie you have to decide what sort of themes the TV show explored that you can convert into a movie! Were you seriously asking that question??

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •