Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grazeem View Post
    ...and by your same logic of what is 'canon', then Namor is a Nazi?

Anyway isn't Wolverine in fact saving the children of the world by being the only one with the balls to make the tough decision of taking out Hope. Plus why would he want the Utopia kids at the school when they've been trained and indoctornated by Cyclops' array of villans and psyhcopaths?
    His "tough decision" was idiotic killing Hope would not stop the PF from taking Hope as a host. Please elucidate what good you fantasize it would do? the only thing that his action succeed in doing was to get Hope to run.

Cyke and Cable must have taught her to be merciful because Wolverine survived and letting him live was an act of stupid mercy. No, that must have been Cyke becasue Cable would be pissed off that she let him live, He taught her to take killers out completely.

Wolverines kids mostly spent years with Cyke and company and only a few weeks at the school so the indoctrination stuff is just idiotic BS.

Have you read Any of the schism books? Wolverine planted a bomb on Utopia and had to be stooped from setting it off.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    She's a time travel, pheonix host character. Her age is not the same as the others.
    Her mental and biological age is about 17 or 18

She's biologically 17. Mentally, not so much.
    You're superior to pryde in my eyes -tlp

Are you trying to fight me, teddy? I believe in gender equality, I will falcon punch you - Jan 'slacker' Brady

Quote Originally Posted by teddyeatsyourface View Post
    She's biologically 17. Mentally, not so much.
    As a parent who has, now adult, sons, I have very low regard for the normal maturity of 17 YO kids. Way back in the distant past I remember -myself at 17 also, so have even lower expectations.

I think that,considering how she grew up, she is doing quite well.

I guess I will leave the answer to this question open to those more well versed in the Phoenix force but isn't the idea of killing the possible host and maybe the only hope of controlling this force a bad idea? I mean isn't it all ready destroying planets and wouldn't killing Hope just make our planet no different then the ones it is destroying indiscriminately and just force it to find a new host possibly on another planet after burning ours up?

Also what on Earth are the Avengers planning to do with Hope after they capture her... put her in a Phoenix proof cell. That makes even less sense to me then killing her. I mentioned in past threads that the Avengers never cared about the Phoenix before, Franklin Richards is possibly more powerful and they don't care and the Avengers refused to give up one of their own the Scarlet Witch who has proven herself as mentally unstable and capable of global devastation. So I guess what I'm saying is that I hope that Wolverine kills Hope and the Marvel Earth burns for it creating an all cosmic line.
    Last edited by doctormistermaster; 05-04-2012 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    His "tough decision" was idiotic killing Hope would not stop the PF from taking Hope as a host. Please elucidate what good you fantasize it would do? the only thing that his action succeed in doing was to get Hope to run.

Cyke and Cable must have taught her to be merciful because Wolverine survived and letting him live was an act of stupid mercy. No, that must have been Cyke becasue Cable would be pissed off that she let him live, He taught her to take killers out completely.

Wolverines kids mostly spent years with Cyke and company and only a few weeks at the school so the indoctrination stuff is just idiotic BS.

Have you read Any of the schism books? Wolverine planted a bomb on Utopia and had to be stooped from setting it off.
    I think maybe you should actually read Schism, as I think you will find that Wolverine only threatened to set the bomb off to get the kids to leave the fight. When they didn't, he didn't blow up island did he? The irony of AvX is that is essentially the role-reversal of the schism storyline, in that Cyclops team are potentially living the fantasy ideal of thinking everything will be ok, and Wolverine is taking the realistic difficult choice.

Seriously mate though, you seem to have a very large sense of humour failure. I think you should maybe seek help as you're acting quite obessive on these AvX threads and need to get a sense perspective.

So Wolverine was just kidding about setting off a bomb in order to scare kids into doing what he wanted? That's so much better and not at all crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Grazeem View Post
    I think maybe you should actually read Schism, as I think you will find that Wolverine only threatened to set the bomb off to get the kids to leave the fight. When they didn't, he didn't blow up island did he? The irony of AvX is that is essentially the role-reversal of the schism storyline, in that Cyclops team are potentially living the fantasy ideal of thinking everything will be ok, and Wolverine is taking the realistic difficult choice.

Seriously mate though, you seem to have a very large sense of humour failure. I think you should maybe seek help as you're acting quite obessive on these AvX threads and need to get a sense perspective.
    Personal insults aren't tolerated here so p*ss off until you get a large sense of mature win. He can post whatever opinion he wants as often as he wants as he wants as long as it's not about a poster.

Posted this in another thread yesterday, but I think it belongs in this thread as well:

Wolverine is TOTALLY a traitor. You may think he has a point, but you show up on the X-Men's front door with the Avengers, and you're a traitor.

The X-Men... who took in an short, hairy, ugly canadian with no memory and issues socializing and made him part of the family.

He spent years trying to f$%K Scott's girlfriend, then wife, and Scott still let him stick around and be part of the team. All of a sudden he has a change of heart BECAUSE HE KILLED HIS OWN CHILDREN and he starts judging everyone for having become too much like him. He implies Scott is wrong for putting kids in danger and takes half the team to NY... where he names a school after Scott's dead wife!!!!

Then, after having done all of this to Scott over the years, and then judged him for having allegedly put kids in danger, Wolverine shows up with an invading force at the direction of a hostile government AND TRIES TO MURDER A KID!!!!!!!!!!!!! AFTER SAYING SCOTT WAS WRONG FOR JEOPARDIZING KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolverine is a complete and utter traitor, and has basically been horrible to Scott since the day he met him. Wolverine is not the hero of this tale.

Summers must have the patience of a saint to not have strapped this guy down and slayed all the meat off his bones with optic blasts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dkostus View Post
    Posted this in another thread yesterday, but I think it belongs in this thread as well:

Wolverine is TOTALLY a traitor. You may think he has a point, but you show up on the X-Men's front door with the Avengers, and you're a traitor.

The X-Men... who took in an short, hairy, ugly canadian with no memory and issues socializing and made him part of the family.

He spent years trying to f$%K Scott's girlfriend, then wife, and Scott still let him stick around and be part of the team. All of a sudden he has a change of heart BECAUSE HE KILLED HIS OWN CHILDREN and he starts judging everyone for having become too much like him. He implies Scott is wrong for putting kids in danger and takes half the team to NY... where he names a school after Scott's dead wife!!!!

Then, after having done all of this to Scott over the years, and then judged him for having allegedly put kids in danger, Wolverine shows up with an invading force at the direction of a hostile government AND TRIES TO MURDER A KID!!!!!!!!!!!!! AFTER SAYING SCOTT WAS WRONG FOR JEOPARDIZING KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolverine is a complete and utter traitor, and has basically been horrible to Scott since the day he met him. Wolverine is not the hero of this tale.

Summers must have the patience of a saint to not have strapped this guy down and slayed all the meat off his bones with optic blasts.

You've just realizing this now?!

Mystique stated that Wolverine was a traitor way before AvX.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    I was able to deal with this until the Avengers Academy issue. I don't think I've ever read so much hypocritical bullshit from one character in ages.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkostus View Post

I swear to God, do ANY of you actually UNDERSTAND CHARACTER?

Regarding Hope, Wolverine Explicitly had an ENTIRE ISSUE about telling Hope he was going to keep his distance from her, because if she went Dark Phoenix, he would be the one to kill her? Well guess what guys? The goddam Phoenix force is coming! Wolverine is making good on his vow.

Regarding Utopia kids X Men Legacy, Avengers Academy, and Generation Hope all made it VERY clear that these kids view themselves as SOLDIERS. By bringing them to the Jean Grey School, these kids would have an opportunity to convince their friends to be soldiers as well, and join in on the fight against the Avengers. These kids would put even more kids on the field, which is exactly what Wolverine doesn't want. By keeping them at the Academy, he's making sure that both the Utopia and JG kids don't negatively influence each other, AND keeping the Avengers kids out of any real danger by having them talk to the Utopia kids.

You all need to stop bitching about Wolverine being a hypocrite when Jason Aaronl, Matt Fraction, and Kieron Gillen have clearly had a character arc for Logan go on for the better part of two years, setting up these moments and decisions. We even see how much Logan is hurting inside in the Wolverine and the X-Men 9 and 10. Context of the Marvel universe is key. Wolverine's characterization has been consistent and clear throughout this event so far.
    Wolvie616 is Mozambiquey

Quote Originally Posted by wolvie616 View Post
    AND keeping the Avengers kids out of any real danger by having them talk to the Utopia kids.
    Did you post with a straight face? You don't think the Utopia kids are a danger of warring against the AA kids? What?
    VIVA KUSASAN!!! Morrison On Magneto: I made him into a stupid old drug-addicted idiot. CC had done a lot of good work over the years to redeem the character. And I went in and sh*t on all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    I was able to deal with this until the Avengers Academy issue. I don't think I've ever read so much hypocritical bullshit from one character in ages.
    Logan was similarly awful in the Exodus Legacy arc. I don't like Gage's take on him.
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

I swear to God, do ANY of you actually UNDERSTAND CHARACTER?

Regarding Hope, Wolverine Explicitly had an ENTIRE ISSUE about telling Hope he was going to keep his distance from her, because if she went Dark Phoenix, he would be the one to kill her? Well guess what guys? The goddam Phoenix force is coming! Wolverine is making good on his vow.
    And she is shown not to be out of controlas witnessed by her letting him and the rest of the Avengers live. He was supposed to make sure she was out of control first
    Regarding Utopia kids X Men Legacy, Avengers Academy, and Generation Hope all made it VERY clear that these kids view themselves as SOLDIERS. By bringing them to the Jean Grey School, these kids would have an opportunity to convince their friends to be soldiers as well, and join in on the fight against the Avengers. These kids would put even more kids on the field, which is exactly what Wolverine doesn't want. By keeping them at the Academy, he's making sure that both the Utopia and JG kids don't negatively influence each other, AND keeping the Avengers kids out of any real danger by having them talk to the Utopia kids.
    SO to keep the Utopia kids out of the fight, he made the AA kids their jailors? As you said the X-kids are soldiers and the AA kids are good but they are rank amateurs. Cap decided that the AA kids would make good cannon fodder. If cap had an objection to kids being in combat he would not have made the AA kids jailors and authorized force.

Much of the JGS faculty and I believe much of the students would go to Cyke's aid without urging. Unlike Logan they do not want to betray their friends and virtual family Keeping the Utopia kids prisoners will not exactly encourage receptiveness and calm in their friends.

Then the Avengers sends She-hulk and two arrogant dicks to the school seemingly to guarantee a fight since the idea that those clowns could stop anything is laughable. If you want to calm things down you do not throw gasoline into the fire

You all need to stop bitching about Wolverine being a hypocrite when Jason Aaronl, Matt Fraction, and Kieron Gillen have clearly had a character arc for Logan go on for the better part of two years, setting up these moments and decisions. We even see how much Logan is hurting inside in the Wolverine and the X-Men 9 and 10. Context of the Marvel universe is key. Wolverine's characterization has been consistent and clear throughout this event so far.
    You might be right, he may not be a hypocrite, but then he is just another psychopath with a murder fetish.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    Logan was similarly awful in the Exodus Legacy arc. I don't like Gage's take on him.
    Its because he's in charge now. An easy source of dramatic tension in team books is leader/solider conflict. Often, the leader/boss has to act like an instigating moron for it to work.
    VIVA KUSASAN!!! Morrison On Magneto: I made him into a stupid old drug-addicted idiot. CC had done a lot of good work over the years to redeem the character. And I went in and sh*t on all of it.