Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 286
  1. #271
    Veteran Member Regino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trajikflp View Post
    And it's okay to brainwash the Board of Education though so despite their Danger Room facilities acting up, they have the ability to continue running. I'm really feeling like an idiot when Marvel puts out this crap.
    They're truly insulting our intelligence with stuff like that.
    Pot+Kettle - "This post went so full retard that it had to be quoted."

  2. #272
    Senior Member Meehl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,067

    Default

    Agreed! How dare they not adequately resolve issues pertaining to the New York Board of Education. Statutes and tort laws are paramount when writing a comic book.
    VIVA KUSASAN!!! Morrison On Magneto: I made him into a stupid old drug-addicted idiot. CC had done a lot of good work over the years to redeem the character. And I went in and sh*t on all of it.

  3. #273
    Forever Walker remydat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    6,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meehl View Post
    It's a common theme in science fiction that the guy who goes back in time to save the future inadvertently causes the future, or at least has serious negative repercussions. Also, it's fitting ironic punishment that his choice to kill an innocent girl (and 9 million others) causes the future timeline that he was trying to prevent. You don't reward someone for his kind of actions. You punish him. And, this is fitting punishment, whereas being abandoned and forgetting is not fitting punishment. It's also the sequence of events that would teach him the lesson he needs to grow as a character, and give him a chance at redemption. I'm not sure what you read during Messiah Complex that made you think Marvel wanted to keep Bishop from looking foolish. Everything made him look foolish.
    Yes I know it is a common theme hence the too easy reference. And there is no redemption for killing 9 billion (not millions) people. As I said before Bishop's only redemption is for another Bishop to come back. This one is ruined. I know comics tends to forgive a lot of shit (see Mags or Frenzy) but willing killing a planet. Nope, there is no coming back from that.

  4. #274
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkostus View Post
    What actions did I mention that didn't happen in the books? I'm curious...
    Let's see:

    I didn't say he was written out of character; I agree that his arc has brought him here. I'm saying that the character himself is a traitorous dick who has made Scott's life miserable at every turn. Scott, having his own issues, continually allows him to stick around due to the tactical advantage he often brings. Logan, the self-hating, self-involved prick that he is, has for years made decisions and taken actions that seek to destroy the friendship and/or respect offered to him by most people because he hates himself.
    Through the years Wolverine forged many friendships with many people, showing fierce loyalty and risking his life for them without a second thought
    Cyclops doesn't have any relationship that even compares with what Wolverine has with Nightcrawler, Kitty, Jubilee, Collossus and many others. So, you're wrong.

    Morrisson got this and it's evident in the Assault on Weapons Plus arc. Logan can't understand how a guy like Cyke has gotten the women and respect that he has, when Logan thinks he's a pussy. However, at that point Logan finally acknowledges his respect for Summer's abilities, made possible by Logan seeing Scott down and with crippling self doubt of his own.
    What a complete load of bs! For starters, Wolverine never said he couldn't understand how Cyclops got all those women and respect. He told him off because Scott had several beautifull women coming on to him and all he did was whine. Logan told him that he didn't need Emma to loosen up, because that's what Jean wanted to.
    Logan tried to get him back to the school and back with Jean, the woman you say he's allways trying to steal.
    So, you're either wrong or insulting our inteligence by twisting that scene into something it certainly wasnt.

    Post-Morrison, and definitely post Whedon, when Cyke starts to lose the self doubt (maybe he woke up one morning and thought "I lead one of the most powerful para-military forces in the world and bang unimaginably hot girls like its my job... Why do I doubt myself again?) then Logan became resentful of Scott, again, for having something he wanted and could never have.
    Through that time Wolverine was in every Cyclops team, suported him every step of the way, ran his black ops team and they were so close and co-dependent that all that was missing was Cyke going to the bathroom and asking Logan to hold his dick while he peed.
    No one was a more fierce suporter of Cyclops until Schism, then Wolverine. More bs! Did you even read the books?

    Almost all of Wolverine's X-Men career has revolved around him wanting what Scott has: Leadership, Jean, respect from his peers for influencing the species (the school), and finally the biggest one: self respect.
    Except for the massive amount of stories he starred in that didn't involve Scott in any way. His own stories, the times he was in other teams, the time he spent on the X-Men when Cyclops wasn't there.
    Then, we have all the times he refused leadership, so you're wrong about that one too.
    As for Jean, according to you, he doesn't want her because she's beautifull, inteligent, powerfull, a wonderful person and reminds him of his first love. No, he wants her, because she was Cyclops woman. Let's ignore the time Logan rejected her when she came on to him in Morrisson's run. Let's ignore his lack of interest in Emma. Let's ignore Mariko, Silver Fox, Itzu, Melita and the many, many other women he had relationships, that had nothing to do with Scott. Let's ignore all that because it proves you're complete and uterly wrong!

    Read this way, Logan is not out of character at all. I applaud the writers making him a traitorous dick attempting to murder another of Cyke's grandchildren (Tyler.)
    Tyler? Genesis? The guy who tried to raise Apocalypse from the dead, tried to turn Wolverine into the new Death horseman and got killed by him? That guy?
    This is just sad! The rest of your examples were weak, completely twisted to fit your views, or just plain wrong, but this is bottom of the barrel.
    Genesis! Wolverine wanted to kill Genesis because he was Cyclops grandson! Not because of what happened in the rest of the story, no. Dude, do you realise other people have access to those books too? That they were published and other people bought them? That they read the books and know what happened in them? That they know how wrong you are? I don't even know what to say about this one...

    I'm just not sure why people don't see this rather layered portrait of a man with crippling self-hatred that projects onto the most successful male around him.
    What in the hell does Captain America have to do with this?

    (he's sexist too... Where's his hatred of Storm?)
    I... WHAT?!!! WHERE IN THE HELL DID THIS CAME FROM?!!!
    "he's sexist too... Where's his hatred of Storm?" Where's the connection with reality in this post? What does it have to do with anything ever written starring these characters? How can you even write this and post it in a place where people are going to read it? Those are the real questions.

    All of this came from one post! Just one! I came in here all fired up for a nasty discussion but now, I'm just depressed. This is to much nonsense!

  5. #275
    Your Move DarthCyclopsRLZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canuck Land
    Posts
    15,647

    Default

    Wolverine never got over Cyclops "ruining" his non-relationship with Jean, lol

    Not even close. There's a whole wing of his mind devoted to just that.

    Canon.
    "As if a man in a wheelchair wasn't enough, now I'm targeting old women." - Scott Summers, A+X #11

  6. #276
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Wolverine never got over Cyclops "ruining" his non-relationship with Jean, lol

    Not even close. There's a whole wing of his mind devoted to just that.

    Canon.
    He rejected Jean when she came on to him and tried to get them back together.
    Canon.

  7. #277
    Your Move DarthCyclopsRLZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canuck Land
    Posts
    15,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jota View Post
    He rejected Jean when she came on to him and tried to get them back together.
    Canon.
    So he was cool with it for a few months in continuity. I was referring to the recent canon that obliterated any notion of Logan being cool with the Jott pairing.

    As if the Jean/Logan fanfic from "Wolverine vs the X-Men" wasn't enough, a certain lock of hair comes to mind. That creep, lol.
    "As if a man in a wheelchair wasn't enough, now I'm targeting old women." - Scott Summers, A+X #11

  8. #278
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
    So he was cool with it for a few months in continuity. I was referring to the recent canon that obliterated any notion of Logan being cool with the Jott pairing.

    As if the Jean/Logan fanfic from "Wolverine vs the X-Men" wasn't enough, a certain lock of hair comes to mind. That creep, lol.
    More then a few months really. His letter to Jean in her weding showed him being very suportive. In fact, the only time I remember Logan hiting on Jean after her weding was him kissing her in Casey's first issue, when he thought they were both going to die. What exactly "obliterated any notion of Logan being cool with the Jott pairing"?

  9. #279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jota View Post
    Through the years Wolverine forged many friendships with many people, showing fierce loyalty and risking his life for them without a second thought Cyclops doesn't have any relationship that even compares with what Wolverine has with Nightcrawler, Kitty, Jubilee, Collossus and many others. So, you're wrong.
    Beast, no one has ever cared as much about Logan's character and how his actions effect him than Beast has to Cyclop's. Every main member of the the X-Men is loyal and would risk their life for any other member so that is hardly a selling point. Wolverine has had more less meaningful relationships because they have him constantly moving on to his next partnership which makes each of his previous friendships seem less meaningful, shoe-horning Wolverine into relationships and places he shouldn't be has taken a great toll on the character and less is more would be a great way of patching up Wolverine's faults.

  10. #280
    Senior Member Drax1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rockville, Maryland
    Posts
    2,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DexterSinister View Post
    Beast, no one has ever cared as much about Logan's character and how his actions effect him than Beast has to Cyclop's. Every main member of the the X-Men is loyal and would risk their life for any other member so that is hardly a selling point. Wolverine has had more less meaningful relationships because they have him constantly moving on to his next partnership which makes each of his previous friendships seem less meaningful, shoe-horning Wolverine into relationships and places he shouldn't be has taken a great toll on the character and less is more would be a great way of patching up Wolverine's faults.
    That actually makes a fair bit of sense. Wolverine is functionally immortal. It makes sense that he would have a parade of much younger hangers-on. He doesn't want to deal with people as they get older and start to decay. Why should he bother when young girls are already attracted to the rebel loner routine Logan has perfected by this point. And, if these young girls die horribly, so much the better! Then Logan can solve his problems with another hyper violence spree and he gets another tragic story to use to hook whoever the next young lady will be.

  11. #281
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DexterSinister View Post
    Beast, no one has ever cared as much about Logan's character and how his actions effect him than Beast has to Cyclop's. Every main member of the the X-Men is loyal and would risk their life for any other member so that is hardly a selling point. Wolverine has had more less meaningful relationships because they have him constantly moving on to his next partnership which makes each of his previous friendships seem less meaningful, shoe-horning Wolverine into relationships and places he shouldn't be has taken a great toll on the character and less is more would be a great way of patching up Wolverine's faults.
    Not even close. Beast is more of a friend of Wolverine then Cyclops, now. And, while I agree that Logan was shoehorned in relationships he shouldn't be, the ones I mentioned are very close relationships that are a blast to read.

  12. #282
    Senior Member HXHAlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Wolverine never got over Cyclops "ruining" his non-relationship with Jean, lol

    Not even close. There's a whole wing of his mind devoted to just that.

    Canon.
    It really all boils down to this

  13. #283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jota View Post
    Not even close. Beast is more of a friend of Wolverine then Cyclops, now. And, while I agree that Logan was shoehorned in relationships he shouldn't be, the ones I mentioned are very close relationships that are a blast to read.
    Beast is not on speaking terms with Cyclop's because he cares about what he has done, Wolverine has done the same and worse and Beast doesn't really care. Yes Wolverine has had some really great moments he was a really good character but each moment after doesn't mean as much when we know he will budied up with someone else soon enough.

  14. #284
    salt in my porridge jarrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    28,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DexterSinister View Post
    Beast is not on speaking terms with Cyclop's because he cares about what he has done, Wolverine has done the same and worse and Beast doesn't really care. Yes Wolverine has had some really great moments he was a really good character but each moment after doesn't mean as much when we know he will budied up with someone else soon enough.
    Logan's X-Force isn't really much like Scott's X-Force, even if they share similar goals.

    X-Force also wasn't really Hank's breaking point with Scott.
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

  15. #285
    Ahem. DevilishRogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Your swashbuckler soul.
    Posts
    7,784

    Default

    I'm sure Wiccan would defend Logan about this very thing.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •