View Poll Results: WHICH WAS THE BEST COMIC BOOK DC RELEASED ON 5/2/2012?

Voters
94. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Action Comics #9

23 24.47%
  • Animal Man #9

5 5.32%
  • Batwing #9

1 1.06%
  • Detective Comics #9

2 2.13%
  • Dial H #1

15 15.96%
  • Earth Two #1

28 29.79%
  • G.I. Combat #1

0 0%
  • Green Arrow #9

1 1.06%
  • Justice League International #9

1 1.06%
  • Red Lanterns #9

1 1.06%
  • Stormwatch #9

0 0%
  • Swamp Thing #9

7 7.45%
  • World's Finest #1

6 6.38%
  • Teen Titans Annual #1

2 2.13%
  • Other

2 2.13%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default DC Book of the Week - 5/2/2012 Edition

Let's vote for this week's best DC comic book.

Four new #1's this week, so things should be interesting.

As always, please make sure to share why you picked as you did!
    DC: ASW ● A. Man ● Batgirl ● Batman ● Batwoman ● BoP ● E2 ● Flash ● Dial H ● JLD ● Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Av ● C. Mar ● Hawkguy ● N.Av ● Thor ● W&XM
    Other: Saga ● Red Sonja

I voted for Worlds' Finest. It was my most anticipated of the 2nd wave, and Levitz & Perez didn't disappoint.

Earth 2 was good, but I'll need to see more of the cast before I can judge it properly. Dial H, well, I'll give it a couple more issues, but so far it doesn't look like something I'll enjoy in the long run.
    Current favorites: Claymore, Puella Magi Kazumi Magica, A Certain Scientific Railgun, Justice League, Birds of Prey

Earth 2 #1

Action Comics: This was actually a very good issue, self contained filler done well. I have not been a gigantic fan of Action so far, but this one was very good, loved the black versions of superheroes. I'm really liking the parallel Earths. 8/10
    Animal Man: I felt like this issue was a little weak, the plot was moving along very slowly, and did not pick up until the very end. Of course, "a little weak" for Animal Man is still above average for any other book, so ... 8/10
    Batwing: Meh, it' was ok, but I prefer Batwing when he's in Africa, fighting his own villains. The cross-over does not really fit very well, the Talon he fights is very random, nothing to care about in this issue. 5/10
    Dial H: Wow ... what can I say, this was a wild ride. As strange and befuddling as I'd expect from China Miéville. Very intriguing, but very hard to follow at times. This is one of those comics where you have to step back and see the big picture to fully appreciate. I eagerly wait for more. 8/10
    Earth 2: This is surprising for me, but I loved it ... I know people are going to be screaming bloody murder about several plot developments, but in a parallel Earth, this is ok with me. It' like a "what if", but it actually matters. Yes, the dialogue was a little forced here and there, but it's a style I can live with. I'm very happy with how this turned out. 8.5/10
    Sormwatch: What an improvement over the first 8 issues! I was on the vergeof dropping this, and BOOM, I suddenly care about these characters. Very big improvement with the new creative team. 7.5/10
    Swamp Thing: Amazing as always, never disappoints. Not a perfect issue, but damn, it's beautiful. This is turning out to be a masterpiece. 9/10
    Worlds' Finest: Another book which I had a lot of trepidation for, but I ended up liking. Not perfect by far, but it has the bones of something good. I'm not a fan of Perez' art here, but it's something I can live with. These are different versions of the PG and Huntess we knew and loved, but the essence of the characters are still there. Also, PG kicks ass, and that's enough to make me enjoy this. 7/10

So ... Swamp Thing is my pick of a very good week. Earth 2 came very close.
    DC: ASW ● A. Man ● Batgirl ● Batman ● Batwoman ● BoP ● E2 ● Flash ● Dial H ● JLD ● Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Av ● C. Mar ● Hawkguy ● N.Av ● Thor ● W&XM
    Other: Saga ● Red Sonja

As good as Earth-2, Worlds Finest, Batwing, Action Comics, Animal Man, and Swamp Thing were, Dial H was just such an outstanding first issue.

Haven't read everything this week but voted Dial H anyway. I was hugely impressed with the attention to detail that Mieville brings to the story.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Action #9 for me. Morrison took the green acid and stayed away from the brown acid this time. Not sure what it's going on about, but it reads like a breath of fresh air. Ha is impressive.
    Superhero comic books only become art to the extent that their banal, unrealistic fantasy and garish styles go too far and become interesting. Attempts to ground them in reality can only ruin them.

I was tempted to go with Dial H and Animal Man always gets love from me, but Action Comics 9 was so good that I had to vote for it. Probably the best Superman story since All-Star, and certainly the best of Morrison's Action run so far.

action for me. loved both of the stories. grant morrison continues to show me why he's my favorite author. and we need to get gene ha as the ongoing artist for action ASAP! i've loved his work on this series so far.
    SPACE FOR RENT!

Batwing or Action Comics

I'm going out on a limb with Green Arrow this week.

JLI: What's there to say? It was okay, but not great.
    6.5/10
    Batwing: It may just be filler, but I enjoyed this. It was nice to have some David and Matu interaction. Not an exciting issue, but this had some nice character moments.
    8/10
    Dial H: What the Hell? This was weird. Not quite what I was expecting, but interesting nonetheless and I will be on board for more.
    7.5/10
    World's Finest: I'm liking the characters and want to see more.
    8/10
    Earth 2: Wow! This was awesome. In one issue I have become engrossed with the characters and the world. The story was not as I expected and the action was awesome.
    9.5/10
    Last edited by KingOfCups; 05-02-2012 at 09:36 PM.

It's a tie between Earth 2 and Worlds' Finest for me. But I voted Earth 2 due to it's broader scope and the drama of it all! It made me felt like I'm watching a movie. :)

Action comics hands down.
    Superman:"I'm a newspaperman; I'll take a vacation when I die."

Earth 2, for me. Phenomenal book. Very much enjoyed World's Finest, Action, and the Teen Titans annual, too.
    Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.