View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?

Voters
207. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Uncanny

84 40.58%
  • WATXM

83 40.10%
  • Neither

5 2.42%
  • Both

35 16.91%
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Silence View Post
    Why are you hash-tagging this post?
    It sums up my point in two words

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

Default Uncanny X-men >>>>>>>>>>> Wolverine and... who cares?

By a MASSIVE margin Uncanny X-men!!! It's just wonderful. Gillen is a fantastic writer; with a cast I adore (Emma Frost, Storm, Magneto, Magik, Cyclops = AMAZING!!!!). I tried Wolverine and the X-men... but I just don't enjoy most of the characters. Traiterine has become very unlikeable, Kitty is a wet pill, Iceman is still in the closet, and Rachel is just a less good version of Jean Grey... and then there is the WORST X-man of all time = Beast the God of Hypocrisy. Yuk, yuk, yuk!!!! It's all a horrible mess. If more of the New X-men kids were used, or if Kid Gladiator was gay, or if the Hellfire Kids weren't... sh*t, I might have stayed on. Kitty with Iceman = couldn't care less/he's GAY!!!! Kitty pregnant = yawn. Toad is ugly and needs to be taken out Marauder style. And Quentin isn't as "awesome" as I think he's meant to be. I do love Broo... he's great.

I am THRILLED both flagships seems to please a large number of X-fans; and I think both team offers something very different for everyone. So I fully support both continuing for a long, LONG time. But, for me, Uncanny X-men is the one for me (I dropped Wolverine and the X-men after the first arc, X-men: Legacy after the second... and Liu's team... god, what a disappointment...). Only one arc left for Gischler's lovely X-men series (*sniff*); but at-least I will always have the INCREDIBLE Uncanny X-force.
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    You are not alone, I can't stand his art either. Him and Humbertos Ramos absolutely ruin comics for me and for that reason I haven't even bothered worrying about WATXM.

Mind you, I don't think my opinion should matter because I still prefer the 90's uniforms (and art) over everything else ;)
    Oh dont feel bad, I'm right there with you on both counts. I dropped WatXM after the first three issues due to how much I hate Bachalo's art - just as it happened with Generation X all those years ago.

Oh and 90s uniforms? Some were great, many were crappy, just as in every era. Wish they'd let the fans vote on which uniform we prefer :)
    Last edited by havok1977; 05-04-2012 at 11:46 AM.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

Bored with Post Life Jason456701's Avatar

I am really enjoying both titles but I prefer Wolverine and the X-men.

surprised uncanny is in the lead. good going gillen!
    You're superior to pryde in my eyes -tlp

Are you trying to fight me, teddy? I believe in gender equality, I will falcon punch you - Jan 'slacker' Brady

Wolverine & The X-Men, because it fondly reminds me of what a great time I had with Generation X back in the day. Loving the new character Broo, the storylines, Idie, and so many other things, the book is coming along nicely I've got to finish reading alpha/omega today
    Thing of the naow: Please let Scott Summer die in AVX

Pirelli's Miracle Elixir Probably_not_a_Nurgling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teddyeatsyourface View Post
    surprised uncanny is in the lead.
    Especially since Aaron beat Gillen at the awards just a few months ago...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Probably_not_a_Nurgling View Post
    What awards?

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Shepherd View Post
    Has to be Uncanny for me. Gillen is a brilliant writer and understands all the characters. And i have to say I'm a fan of Land's art. Maybe it's just me but Uncanny just seems to be the more intelligent book (dealing with politics/racism/the extremes people will go to) whereas WATX seems a bit too young for me at times to the point where I am considering dropping it. Aaron seems to have a lot of ideas going on but as soon as he introduces one he has already moved onto the next. His ideas aren't really given the time to flourish.
    Finally, I also have the impression that if anything truely significant is going to happen in the x-books it's going to happen in Uncanny X-men (and also X-force).
    Well that perfectly reflects alot of the books' loud target audiences.
    ...the girl who lives behind the aura, behind the curtain, behind the burqa.

A lot of the strengths of both books are derived from the fact that the other exists. That is to say that one compliments the other and although I like them both tremendously (my two favorites currently being published) I don't know if I would be completely satisfied with just one.

But whatever, for purposes of further discussion, the April sales figures came out and, just as in March, both books were in the top fifteen, with Uncanny doing better than WaTXM (and also doing better than Avengers). Sales figures doesn't necessarily correlate to quality, but it;s interesting nonetheless.

i like both

Humberto Ramos on WATXM Annual would be great!
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Quote Originally Posted by MartinRedmond View Post
    Humberto Ramos on WATXM Annual would be great!
    I like the sound of that. It's left field, but I think Phillip Bond would compliment the characters and Aaron's writing style as well.

Quote Originally Posted by teddyeatsyourface View Post
    surprised uncanny is in the lead. good going gillen!
    Quote Originally Posted by Probably_not_a_Nurgling View Post
    That and from what I've seen it looks as if the majority of members with pull lists as their signatures have WATXM and only a few have Uncanny.
    Be of service to all Comic Book readers and sign: http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...tBlackPanther/

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

There really isn't much about Uncanny X-Men that I like.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier