View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?

Voters
207. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Uncanny

84 40.58%
  • WATXM

83 40.10%
  • Neither

5 2.42%
  • Both

35 16.91%
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Uncanny X-Men for me.

I LOVE both books, but the cast of Uncanny puts it over the top. I think overall the art in WaTXM is better; the writing is equal on both books.

I've been collecting X-Men since the '80s and IMO, this is the best the X-books have ever been.

Uncanny X-Men.

Gillen made impact right off the bat when co-penning Uncanny back with Fraction (Quarantine etc). And the previous plotlines (pre-Gillen) were less well-receieved by readers (myself included) so when the announcement of his helming UXM came, confidence grew rapidly.

When the cast was revealed, my obvious bias grew, as the cast seemed tailor-made from my fanboy dreams, which was only further propagated by subsequent character focused subplots and a more aggressive-tone resulting from the cracking relationships between mutant/human relations (Fear Itself) and within the mutant community itself (Regenesis). Previous less desirable plots were addressed (and improved) and some welcome past villains returned giving new perspectives relatable to the current status quo, adding emphasis to assembled powder keg of a team's drama.

I've always been more influenced by the aesthetics of my comic choices, and UXM's art has been hit and miss (WATXM's Bradshaw blows my mind and is one of the main draws for my following the title) but the stories are what continue keeping me hooked.

And UXM #11 saved AvX for me.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

WATXM. I've missed having an Excalibur-ish title over the years, and it is a great break from the norm. For years now, the regular X-Men titles have been so Summerscentric that it has just grown tedious. WATXM steps away and focuses on something else.

Uncanny. Watxm is terrible.
    I'm a bumblebee. I'm a bee and I need to get back to the hive.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Emma Frosts arm had a major impact on the first arc, they lost their expert in "telepathic warfare" when going up against Sinister. Wolverine's legs were fixed off-panel with a machine and did not hinder him in any of the other stories he appeared in. Cheap drama.

It was still a cheap fix. And pretty much the last straw for me anyway. The Frakenstein Monster thing was equally stupid IMO.
    Literally nothing was lost when Emma was removed, Hope just Rogued her and proved the more effective telepath anyway. Then Psylocke subbed in and gave infinitely better character moments too (likely because Betsy is an infinitely better character). And then we got an unexplained and almost entirely offpanel cheap fix anyway. Zero real impact, besides maybe Emma feelings... maybe we'll get a good Kyost style cry out of it yet.
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

All the both people should be kicked out. You gotta choose one or the other!

I think that WATX has the potential to be a better book than Uncanny, WATX had a better premise over Uncanny at the start of the relaunch.Quentin Quire is too annoying for me, and Gambit hasn't show up yet!

I'll go with Uncanny, but I don't think the book needed to be renumbered, it is essentially the same book it was before the relaunch, schism or not.

The dismemberment on both ends was swiftly resolved without impacting consequence thus far.
    They're interchangable at this point.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Up until recently I would have said WATXM , easily. Even though I don't care for the majority of the kids. But despite Lands "art" Im really starting to dig Uncanny. I think it has the superior writer & roster. But I love Bachalo and Logan so its pretty much a wash....unless AVX shakes up things to much.

Hands down . . . Wolverine And The X-Men.

The cast of characters is probably the most diverse cast the X-Men titles have had in a very long time. From new recruits to seasoned veterans, the cast has all the ages covered. Other than the Morrison circus freaks and the Generation Hope kids, I would probably say that I'm truly invested in all of them - both the faculty and the students. Nobody is left as wallpaper or canon fodder - each and every individual is paid their dues and attention to develop, both individually and as a team. I also much prefer the fun school setting of the Jean Grey Institute over the boring prison setting of Utopia. There just seems to be so much more room to breathe, more roads to take, and more avenues to branch off of. Jason Aaron has a handle on the characters, and shows obvious affection and empathy towards them as a whole. Last, but definitely not least, Chris Bachalo is on art duty - who just so happens to be one of my top 5 favorite artists of all time.

With that said, the factor in this title's formula that I probably love more than all other factors - it makes me think and feel the same thoughts and feelings that I had when I first started collecting X-Men comics 2 decades ago. It just does such a flippin' good job of mixing today's fresh ideas with yesterday's stories and characters. The title pays homage to years and years of X-Men continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Emma Frosts arm had a major impact on the first arc, they lost their expert in "telepathic warfare" when going up against Sinister. Wolverine's legs were fixed off-panel with a machine and did not hinder him in any of the other stories he appeared in. Cheap drama.

It was still a cheap fix. And pretty much the last straw for me anyway. The Frakenstein Monster thing was equally stupid IMO.
    I don't want to say you're full of it, but...

I mean, what did Emma losing her arm do for the story besides it meaning she had to sit in an infirmary for a couple of hours?

We got to say "Wow Cyke didn't dwell on that much."

Big deal.
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde
    The Diary of a Supa-Cool Nerd!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post

I mean, what did Emma losing her arm do for the story besides it meaning she had to sit in an infirmary for a couple of hours?

Big deal.
    Cyclops not dwelling on it is a major part of her on going plot with Namor. And again, it crippled the X-Men when they fought Mr. Sinister. It had more of an impact then Wolverine's legs or that wheelchair in "Things to come promo."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    Literally nothing was lost when Emma was removed, Hope just Rogued her and proved the more effective telepath anyway. Then Psylocke subbed in and gave infinitely better character moments too (likely because Betsy is an infinitely better character). And then we got an unexplained and almost entirely offpanel cheap fix anyway. Zero real impact, besides maybe Emma feelings... maybe we'll get a good Kyost style cry out of it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post

Big deal.
    lol why so pressed guys?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    All the both people should be kicked out. You gotta choose one or the other!
    Yeah. I mean both books are great and well loved. What's the point of discussing which one is the better like if the option of saying both is available? But then, seeing who made the thread I'm not surprised they didn't get it right.

Wolverine and those X-Men for me please.
    Upcoming artist or writer? Want somewhere to share your work? Welcome to the Artists and Writers Showcase!!