View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?

Voters
207. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Uncanny

84 40.58%
  • WATXM

83 40.10%
  • Neither

5 2.42%
  • Both

35 16.91%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Galaxy News Radio bladeofdarkness's Avatar

I stopped being in any way invested in WATXM after a MAJOR plot point problem (lack of money) was solved with a tree that grows diamonds.
    I just can't bring myself to become invested in anything that happens in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by CHOX View Post
    Uncanny for sure. It's got great art, and some of my favorite characters in the Marvel Universe.

I dropped Wolverine last week. I can't stand Bachalo's art and Idie/Broo. I may give it shot once Idie stops being such a ridiculous downer and Broo finally turns into the monster he is.
    I hope you never read the book again. . .
    XPOTM:September 2010

I choose Uncanny, I like the cast and the stories are about super heroes with a bit of drama and that is what I like (didn't like much the art of the first issues but to me story>>>>>>>>>>art). I find WaTX too childish and the child villains are dumb, also I think that when the children start to fight the whole book will loss its own sesnse (that is what I feel is starting to happen).

[QUOTE=CHOX;15108028]I dropped Wolverine last week. I can't stand Bachalo's art and Idie/Broo. [QUOTE]

Ouch, you just listed three of my favorite parts of the book.

I only read Uncanny for Emma, Magneto and now UNIT. I skipped the second arc when Emma was off the roster.

Every issue of Wolverine and the X-Men however, is a tiny blessing from little baby Jesus.

Love and Beauty Shock! Blu Berri's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by keeper444 View Post
    I find WaTX too childish and the child villains are dumb
    Actually, I don't like this either. The recent addition of Sabertooth to the ranks helped remedy that a little.
    In the name of Venus, I will punish you for being this year's fashion disaster!

I love the writing in Uncanny so much that I don't mind that I despise the team, save for Storm and Psylocke. Other than that feat, it's smart and funny.

WATXM is a great cast, but it falls flat in art for me, save for when Bradshaw pencils. But on the other hand, Uncanny has Greg Land a lot, whom I can't stand...sooooooo. I think I have to go for Uncanny solely for Gillen's impressive writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post

Ouch, you just listed three of my favorite parts of the book.
    I've found I'm the only person in the Universe that isn't a fan of Bachalo. I'm alone.

Stabbed in the back Jr. Wormwood's Avatar

I've been reading comics for 30 years, and I've had an on-again off-again love affair with the X books. It's been a handful of years since I've bothered checking any of them out, simply because they just seem to get too grandiose for my taste. How many time travel/space hopping/dimension tripping stories can one person read?

That being said, I recently got into Uncanny X-Force, and think it has a great assortment of dark edged characters with some seriously good art. But the scale of the stories is already starting to lose and bore me.

I'm just now getting into the new series that this thread is about, and can't really make a very educated call just yet. I think I'm leaning towards Uncanny as Bachalo's art is often times too busy and distracting and I get incredibly bored any time Sh'iar characters show up. I used to love his work right alongside Jim Lee's (can't stand Lee's now), but it doesn't do what it used to for me. Maybe I'm just getting older and more refined, but I prefer my artwork a bit more streamlined these days. Storytelling over flash I guess. I do absolutely love Bachalo's character designs though, I think his sequential work just fatigues my eye.
    Last edited by Jr. Wormwood; 05-02-2012 at 10:05 PM.
    "Okay, I know I said I wasn't going to shake things up, but we're going to have to get some pants on this one."

I've found I'm the only person in the Universe that isn't a fan of Bachalo. I'm alone.
    Don't feel too bad. Different tastes are important. Bachelo has been illustrating X-Men books for the better part of the last twenty years, so you're likely to find a good number of fans of his work on a X-Men message board.

Uncanny all the way.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

I love both, as they're very different books in terms of their approach.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

I like both but I am gonna pick Uncanny, the problems just seem bigger in scope there and I love the writing.
    If you asked me who had better art WATXM.

You are not alone, I can't stand his art either. Him and Humbertos Ramos absolutely ruin comics for me and for that reason I haven't even bothered worrying about WATXM.

Mind you, I don't think my opinion should matter because I still prefer the 90's uniforms (and art) over everything else ;)
    Last edited by TheFallen; 05-02-2012 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    You are not alone, I can't stand his art either. Him and Humbertos Ramos absolutely ruin comics for me and for that reason I haven't even bothered worrying about WATXM.
    Truly my antithesis, for I enjoy the stylised art of both!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Mind you, I don't think my opinion should matter because I still prefer the 90's uniforms (and art) over everything else ;)
    I have no words. All I can do is *gently pat* with a look of concern on my face.

Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco