Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    No, those injuries were caused when Damian and the General crashed. The Talon grabbed hold of one of the wings of the jet pack Damian was wearing and the added weight caused it to crash. I have no problem with those injuries but I do have a problem with how he got off lightly compared to eveyone else so far and with how he managed to catch the only weapon, an arrow, that seemed to come anywhere close to hitting him. It's not like he was shown leaping or moving around to avoid anything, in fact he was standing still giving orders, and he's in a bright red costume among people in drab. For someone that is supposed to be a trained assassin this Talon sure failed to take advantage of these two situations.
    I'll check it when I'm home tonight but I'm pretty sure he gets tagged in the bayonet rush...

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    I'll check it when I'm home tonight but I'm pretty sure he gets tagged in the bayonet rush...
    If he does I don't remember seeing it but I could be wrong. I'll check as well. Wouldn't be the first time I missed something while reading a comic.

Edit: I just checked the issue and he does in fact get hit in the shoulder by one of the Talon's knives. I missed it entirely due to the fact that the knife itself is colored in the same shade as Damian's shoulder was making it nearly invisible if you weren't looking for it specifically. So I stand corrected about that and withdraw my complaint on that score. I do however stand by my opinion that this is a weak issue on many levels in what I consider to be a lackluster run for this title. Others mileage clearly varies.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 05-10-2012 at 04:05 PM.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

What about that rotating head?!

Dang...

Where has Andy Clarke been? I've really missed his work, he hasnt' done a damn thing since Batman and Robin has he?
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

I think Robin was looking for treasure in the sewer, looked like he had a metal detector. No one has brought up the person in the owl robe with a sword. He or she looked quite interesting.

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Dang...
    One of the best parts of the issue, for me. I like how it works for both characteristics of the Talon. As an owl (because owls can turn their heads to 180 degrees), and as a zombie. I found this issue enjoyable. Seeing Damian take the reigns and controller a platoon, was fun. And the Battle with the Talon was one of the best fights so far.

Most likely, Damian was looking for the Court's hideout in the sewer. At least that's why I though he was down there.

I liked this issue. Fun read. Some of the complaints i'm reading are either extremely nitpicky or just bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by adkal

Dang...

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    One of the best parts of the issue, for me. I like how it works for both characteristics of the Talon. As an owl (because owls can turn their heads to 180 degrees), and as a zombie.
    Combined with Damien's exclamation.

At least he didn't say anything like 'I didn't train for this' - he just got on with it.

Combined with Damien's exclamation.

At least he didn't say anything like 'I didn't train for this' - he just got on with it.
    I'd have to read it again. I don't remember what Damian said in response.

I'd have to read it again. I don't remember what Damian said in response.
    It was along the lines of:

'You have got to be kidding me!'

(punctuated as the Talon turns his head to look at the 'little bird'...)

I loved the first arc of this book, but I found this issue rather meh. While I thought putting Damian against an owl on his own was a good idea in theory, the actual execution didn't work out so well, IMO. I think it's back to the same thing of Damian needing another character to play off of (be it Bruce, Dick, Stephanie, Supergirl, or whoever). Yeah, I know we had the military here, but it just didn't do it for me.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Default Damian's facial expression

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I was little disturbed how Damien (and the story) acts as though only Burrows matters and the dozens of other people the Talon kills don't. Damien didn't even try to help that first group.

This Talon-flashback was pretty stupid and totally unnecessary.

I know Talons are tough...but not to the point of no-selling a dozen M-16s. If we had to get backstory for the Talon, it should have explained why this was some sort of extra-regenerating Super Talon, or had bullet-proof armor or something. Anything would be better than the story of the pointless land deal and the kid who survived but didn't really matter anyway.

I don't have too much of a problem with Damien talking about his backstory, so long as he intended to kill him immediately.
    This post is closest to my reactions for the issue. The issue was better by putting Damian's age out of mind. There was some good pages of art too
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...an-and-Robin-9.

What I cannot wait to see is Damian's facial expression they go with when he says, "Father, the good news is that I understand why you were disappointed with me for killing someone last week; the bad news is... I done did do it again." There will probably be parody strips with him biting his lower lip and puppydog eyes and Bruce says, "Don't worry about it, it was only a zombie." Or something funnier. Their actual dialogue will hopefully be more compelling and believable. :)

I read all of Morrison's Batman & Robin, but this is the first time I've picked up B&R in the new 52. Damian kind of annoys me, but I thought this issue was really good. From the hook through the eye to the rotating head to the decapitated Talon, this had a lot of action near the end.

I don't know how Tomasi has done with the series so far, but I'm interested now in checking out the other stuff. I may have to wait for the TPB comes out, though; I don't want to drop $20 on an HC.

Just read this issue again. I enjoyed it, but the only thing that didn't sit well with me was the Talon killing the camping couple. It just really didn't need to be there.

Just read this issue again. I enjoyed it, but the only thing that didn't sit well with me was the Talon killing the camping couple. It just really didn't need to be there.
    I agree with that. It seemed really unnecessary. Like we didn't need more of a reason to dislike the bad guy after everything else we know about the Court.

Also, is it just me or did that Talon go down REALLY easily compared to the others? Nightwing had a much more involved fight while Damian had help from the army squad. Liked the issue, it was just kind of a let down compared to the other Talon fights.