Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

I feel like they might die from the final battle even if Bruce doesn't personally end their lives. Like Ra's Al Ghul, I almost can't picture them just being thrown in jail.

BANNED

To me this was progressive issue not a filler. If you skipped issue 9 and read issue 10 how would you about Bruce getting out of the cave . And the letter mr . March gave him. His name should been mister may

Kind of a waste of time. I was worried Snyder would fall into the same trap as Black Mirror (amazing setup, lame ending)...and he did.

And yes, I know there are still 2 issues to go but as much as night of the owls was hyped, only for this to happen, I can safely say the ending is and will continue to be lame. All my opinion, of course.

Oh, and Batman was about to be torn apart but was saved by bats...really? Those little guys distracted these almost-zombies who can break down steel doors? Really?

I'll stick it out until the conclusion, just so the opening story of 'Batman' is complete in my longbox, but then I'm out. Sad day when Detective by Daniel was a better read.

Edit: Capullo still killing it on art.
    Last edited by ForeverYoung8; 05-09-2012 at 12:50 PM.

Veteran Member

I prefered the backup story, first time that I've seen Alfred's father and his relationship with the Waynes.

My biggest concern here is that I hope the Court of Owls are not connected to the death of Bruce's parents.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I prefered the backup story, first time that I've seen Alfred's father and his relationship with the Waynes.

My biggest concern here is that I hope the Court of Owls are not connected to the death of Bruce's parents.
    Snyder has said he's not touching that.

I agree with others that this issue was a bit of a disappointment. Not bad but not the usual standard of awesomeness. I hope the final two issues are a really strong finale because the arc has been built up way too well to just have a meh ending. **** needs to GO DOWN in #10 and 11.

I also agree with others that the backup was a bit more interesting than the main feature. Capullo and Albuquerque complement each other really well and make a sick team. I thought it was cute that little Bruce plays with a toy that looks just like a Batmobile...you can see where he gets his inspiration from.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    I agree with others that this issue was a bit of a disappointment. Not bad but not the usual standard of awesomeness. I hope the final two issues are a really strong finale because the arc has been built up way too well to just have a meh ending. **** needs to GO DOWN in #10 and 11.

I also agree with others that the backup was a bit more interesting than the main feature. Capullo and Albuquerque complement each other really well and make a sick team. I thought it was cute that little Bruce plays with a toy that looks just like a Batmobile...you can see where he gets his inspiration from.
    I liked that bit as well, it also seemed to me that the action figure may have been Alan Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverYoung8 View Post
    Kind of a waste of time. I was worried Snyder would fall into the same trap as Black Mirror (amazing setup, lame ending)...and he did.

And yes, I know there are still 2 issues to go but as much as night of the owls was hyped, only for this to happen, I can safely say the ending is and will continue to be lame. All my opinion, of course.

Oh, and Batman was about to be torn apart but was saved by bats...really? Those little guys distracted these almost-zombies who can break down steel doors? Really?

I'll stick it out until the conclusion, just so the opening story of 'Batman' is complete in my longbox, but then I'm out. Sad day when Detective by Daniel was a better read.

Edit: Capullo still killing it on art.
    Well the story isn't over yet dude. Of course...I kind of agree. The fighting is cool, but then the rest of the book is meh. These 20 page issues really need to go. I'm sick of getting a piece of a larger story. It's all for the trades. BAH!

I wrote a lengthy review with pictures here: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...tman-9-review/
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

BANNED

I thought the issue was merely okay compared to the last issue. I liked the backup a lot better than it.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

this story is pretty quickly losing steam

I hope snyder opts for a short arc next
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RoughNTumble View Post
    this story is pretty quickly losing steam

I hope snyder opts for a short arc next
    His next arch is 7 issues . The climax is next

BANNED

And the reviews mean...what, exactly?

If you really think about it, the only difference between a professional reviewer and us is the fact that they get paid to do what we do on this message board for free.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverYoung8 View Post
    If you really think about it, the only difference between a professional reviewer and us is the fact that they get paid to do what we do on this message board for free.
    Makes life look really unfair isn't it?.