Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

It's another silly issue.

I really wanted March to stick around longer.

Quote Originally Posted by zur en arrh View Post
    It's another silly issue.
    Its just a filler issue setting up the other bat-family books to tie into the story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by osoito View Post
    So has anyone read this issue yet? I was a little disappointed, I enjoyed detective's night of owls better as a matter of fact.
    I did loved it . The back up was much better . t-Rex!!!!!! 5/5 . It's time to make a house call

I actually thought it was pretty cool, though yes, it didn't end up feeling like as much of an epic showdown as I thought it would from the hype for Night of the Owls. I thought the stuff with March was well done, and I did care about the character even though he was only around for a short while, so I'd say that was a success on Snyder's part.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TZDEKA View Post
    I actually thought it was pretty cool, though yes, it didn't end up feeling like as much of an epic showdown as I thought it would from the hype for Night of the Owls. I thought the stuff with March was well done, and I did care about the character even though he was only around for a short while, so I'd say that was a success on Snyder's part.
    Well the owl being ran over was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    Well the owl being ran over was awesome.
    I thought what was there was pretty cool in general, the armor wasn't too overpowered, I always love when the robot dinosaur is utilized, and Batman was generally badass. I'm just saying it seemed a bit more brisk than I expected. This issue felt a bit...weirdly paced somehow, but that'd be my only problem with it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TZDEKA View Post
    I thought what was there was pretty cool in general, the armor wasn't too overpowered, I always love when the robot dinosaur is utilized, and Batman was generally badass. I'm just saying it seemed a bit more brisk than I expected. This issue felt a bit...weirdly paced somehow, but that'd be my only problem with it.
    I liked the pace of it, poor mr. March

I'll agree with others who said it was something of a filler issue needed to tie the other titles together but even then I'm not sure it did a great job at that. I wish more had been done with March, when he was first introduced it felt like he was going to be a huge player in the story but nothing really came of it, unless he's an owl and the knife wound to the chest didn't really kill him.

At any rate the highlight of the issue was the back up with Jarvis. Despite being only a few pages long it felt far more substantial than the actual main story, it was really rich with its characterization and mood and the art was great. I'm not sure I like how Jarvis attended Bruce as it makes me question when exactly Alfred came into the picture but it may be explained in the further chapters of the story.

I think Bruce is supposed to be a toddler at this point and Jarvis will likely die soon, so the timing seems fine to me in that regard.

BANNED

Believe issue 10 and 11 will be the climax we have all be waiting for

BANNED

I believe in a hardcover this story would be amazing

The initial monologue (there was a bats infestation in the cave and they used OOOOLWS to stop them) made me go "Oh god, are you serious?", but the pay-off for it was good. Some action, some filler, some good lines, some good artworks, a nice backup, some incredibly cool moments (Batman running over the Owls, lol, that made me smile), but yes, average/to good issue.
    The ending was worth it. Finally some vengence on these owlholes. I hope they get it hard and nasty in the climax. That little girl more than the others.

It's in moments like this that I wish Batman didn't had a no-kill rule. These guys where annoying and I want them DEAD.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post
    The initial monologue (there was a bat's infestation in the cave and they used OOOOLWS to stop them) made me go "Oh god, are you serious?", but the pay-off for it was good. Some action, some filler, some good lines, some good artworks, a nice backup, some incredibly cool moments (Batman running over the Owls, lol, that made me smile), but yes, avarage issue.
    The ending was worth it. Finally some vengence on these owlholes. I hope they get it hard and nasty in the climax. That little girl more than the others.

It's moment like this when I was Batman didn't had a no-kill rule. These guys where annoying and I want them DEAD.
    Most of them died to the cold

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    Most of them died to the cold
    The zombies, yes, that was good. I'm talking about the "leaders" the head-owls in cocktail dresses.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post
    The zombies, yes, that was good. I'm talking about the "leaders" the head-owls in cocktail dresses.
    Oh don't worry death is around the corner