Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yeah, I stupidly made my own thread about #12 without looking.

WOW! I am absolutely loving it, and DD keeps getting better and better. The character development is second to none.

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by USArmyParatrooper View Post
    Mark Waid, a person I hadn't previously heard of. Is he writing anything else at the moment?
    He's written a lot for various companies, including some classic work on Flash, JLA, Captain America, and Fantastic Four. Ever heard of Kingdom Come? That's him. In addition to Daredevil and two soon-to-end series from Boom!, he's doing creator-owned stuff at thrillbent.com.
    Expletive Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    He's written a lot for various companies, including some classic work on Flash, JLA, Captain America, and Fantastic Four. Ever heard of Kingdom Come? That's him. In addition to Daredevil and two soon-to-end series from Boom!, he's doing creator-owned stuff at thrillbent.com.
    His run (pun intended) on Flash in the 90's was amazing. He had two great runs on Capt America teamed with Ron Garney & Andy Kubert. He also teamed with Andy for about a year on Ka-Zar which was good. His JLA work followed Grant Morrison & was stellar. His FF is considered one of the best work on that book. There are many fans who would like to see him write Superman.

Mark Waid has proven once more that its possible to release a stand alone done in one comic book. Forget mega six issue arcs, this is how a monthly series should be done. I am loving every issue of this book. Best comic on the stands...period!

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by md62 View Post
    There are many fans who would like to see him write Superman.
    I liked his Superman: Birthright a lot, but reaction was somewhat mixed.
    Expletive Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by drakeon View Post
    Mark Waid has proven once more that its possible to release a stand alone done in one comic book. Forget mega six issue arcs, this is how a monthly series should be done. I am loving every issue of this book. Best comic on the stands...period!
    New Mutants' last issue was also a fun done-in-one. I so wish comics in general would do some more stories like this. So many story arcs go over six issues these days and just drag on. So an issue like this is refreshing.

I liked Spidey's comment about DD's date (if it was with Black Cat). Hilarious!

government's watching you matt levin's Avatar
    western Massachusetts, USA; rural, river valley

I wish all you people who like done-in-one stories would go tell DC to stop this interminable 'long-run' story in Jonah Hex, aka, All Star Western. If you really like single issue stories, then grab up (irony note) a collection from Palmiotti & Gray's Jonah Hex. Really remarkable, and consistently good, single issue stories; Jonah himself often the only 'continuing' element. Glad, so glad, to see such a great single-issue story in Dare-devil. When you've got a great character, with fairly consistent internal history, stories like this every few issues really wind up tying a series together.
    Walking Man Comics

Age/Bronze-A.S.Westrn-AstroCity-Amelia-CourtneyC.-Brody'sGhost-DD-Dial H-Fables-Fatale-Fell-Goon-Groo-Hellboy-Mudman-NextWave-Rocketeer-StarDrop-Thief-Usagi-Wolff/Byrd-Unwritten

Hmmmm, the Internet existed when Foggy and Matt were in law-school? That's quirky continuity for ya.

So what you want them to be 60 year old men !?

I really like Daredevil, the art, the writing, the format everything is reminiscent of the stuff that made Marvel great way back in the 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneysFolly View Post
    Hmmmm, the Internet existed when Foggy and Matt were in law-school? That's quirky continuity for ya.
    With the sliding timeline, their law school scene should be set around 2000/2001, a time in which the Internet certainly existed. The only thing I found anachronistic was how many of the student had their own laptops, something which wasn't as common twelve years ago as it is today. However, I'm happy to make allowances for the Marvel U being slightly ahead of the real world in terms of technology. ;)

The best thing about this issue is that reminds everyone that, yes, Foggy is a competent lawyer. I feel we don't get enough of that.

I am curious what horrible fate befell Spidey

Only just read this issue today. Loved it. Samnee's art was the standout for me. I've been following his art for a little while and looked forward to him being on the book, as I've thought since I started reading it that he was a perfect fit for it. Dream come true that hes now a regular artist on it. But Waid's story is killer too. A really great done-in-one that packs a lot of story into 20 pages. This one took me the whole 15 minute bus ride home from the store to read, which is really rare.