Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by E. Wilson View Post
    If Roddy comes back in any capacity, I want a dramatic scene where he rips open his shirt collar to display a grotesque set of stitches circling around his neck. Norms, show them how it's done!

This one's for the ladies.
    Haha! Well, that's A) Assuming it was Kingsley under that mask and B) Phil wasn't brainwashed into believing he decapitated Kingsley. The Winkler brainwashing has a possible nasty side-effect of making one more crazed and violent (think Ned Leeds towards the end of his life), which would explain the dramatic shift in Phil's personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    I really hope this is the case, as Slott's offing of Kingsley was really a waste of a villain with potential. They could've kept Kingsley around as an archenemy to Norman, even.
    I totally agree, it was a massive waste of potential, what with Norman having since moved on to target the Marvel Universe at large instead of focusing primarily on Spidey's little corner of the universe. Having him battle Norman, both in their classic goblin costumes would be amazing to see once Norman recovers.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaos View Post
    Kingsley was killed quickly. That means he is obviously not dead.

As for Ben Spidey I think it is JRjr. Posibly Jurgens but I think Jrjr.
    Let's hope this is the case with Kingsley. Also, I think a lot of the poses on that cover were taken from the upper left corner of classic comic books.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Kingsley isn't coming back.
    Tell that to Kraven the Hunter, Norman Osborn, Mysterio, Chameleon, and Doc Ock.
    "Seriously, where's the Hobgoblin when you need him?"--Peter Parker, Amazing Spider-Man Annual #36

"I'm being ignored more than Roderick Kingsley"--Me.
    "Dorkiest joke ever. Use it at parties."--Steve Wacker (AKA J Jonah Wacker).

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billium 3 View Post
    Tell that to Kraven the Hunter, Norman Osborn, Mysterio, Chameleon, and Doc Ock.
    Oh, ten or twenty years down the road? Sure. It's possible.

He's just not coming back now.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Doc Ock wasn't even dead 5 years worth of stories.

I guess we'll see with this upcoming Hobgoblin Inc. arc.
    "Seriously, where's the Hobgoblin when you need him?"--Peter Parker, Amazing Spider-Man Annual #36

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Oh, ten or twenty years down the road? Sure. It's possible.

He's just not coming back now.
    I dunno. Slott told me that there be revelations that would make my head spin over revelations that happen in "Danger Zone". He knew I was a Kingsley fan, and after that threw up a wall of not answering anymore questions on the Hobgoblin. But he did say the cult of the Goblin would return. Add to this Hobgoblin Incorporated idea and the fact of using dupes have been a Kingsley trait not Phil's. One has to consider.. well we fell for it again. The old fake dead Hobgoblin gag.
    Last edited by Blight; 05-03-2012 at 12:56 PM.
    Behold, I shall be a blight upon the land, and everything I touch shall wither and die!

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    I dunno. Slott told me that there be revelations that would make my head spin over revelations that happen in "Danger Zone". He knew I was a Kingsley fan, and after that threw up a wall of not answering anymore questions on the Hobgoblin. But he did say the cult of the Goblin would return. Add to this Hobgoblin Incorporated idea and the fact of using dupes have been a Kingsley trait not Phil's. One has to consider.. well fell for it again. The old fake dead Hobgoblin gag.
    Your interview was very good, and seemed to potentially bode well for us Kingsley fans. Here's hoping, pal.

Doc Ock was not dead for more than 3 years, maybe less. He died in the begining of the clone saga and returned a few months after the end of it. It's less then 3 years I think, maybe 2,5.

And there is no way that marvel would kill Kingsley like that, and not capitalyzing on it, if it was for real. Obviously he is not dead, that's why they did not made such big a deal about it, cause we will not be, after his return, "oh, what a cheap death, and why did I bought the super exclusive variant cover 1/100000 for hiim returning in x issues"
    myspace.com/artofsimplicity

I am an anarchist. Deal with it.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...-the-beginning

Doc Ock was not dead for more than 3 years, maybe less. He died in the begining of the clone saga and returned a few months after the end of it. It's less then 3 years I think, maybe 2,5.

And there is no way that marvel would kill Kingsley like that, and not capitalyzing on it, if it was for real. Obviously he is not dead, that's why they did not made such big a deal about it, cause we will not be, after his return, "oh, what a cheap death, and why did I bought the super exclusive variant cover 1/100000 for hiim returning in x issues"
    Then there's the Mysterio's death in Daredevil. Not even a week old and he shows up in Amazing Spider-Man.
    Behold, I shall be a blight upon the land, and everything I touch shall wither and die!

Then there's the Mysterio's death in Daredevil. Not even a week old and he shows up in Amazing Spider-Man.
    Never understood that Kevin Smith story. And I can never understand why Kevin Smith had to play with one of my favorite characters twice... I think everyone would be happier if he just continued smoking pot and do movies.

Four degrees higher Cheesedique's Avatar

I dunno. Slott told me that there be revelations that would make my head spin over revelations that happen in "Danger Zone". He knew I was a Kingsley fan, and after that threw up a wall of not answering anymore questions on the Hobgoblin. But he did say the cult of the Goblin would return. Add to this Hobgoblin Incorporated idea and the fact of using dupes have been a Kingsley trait not Phil's. One has to consider.. well we fell for it again. The old fake dead Hobgoblin gag.
    I hope this means they bring back Vin Gonzales as a Goblin disciple. Has he even been seen since before Big Time?

Never understood that Kevin Smith story. And I can never understand why Kevin Smith had to play with one of my favorite characters twice... I think everyone would be happier if he just continued smoking pot and do movies.
    Oddly I don't like his movies much but I enjoyed his work on the Daredevil and Spidey comics..

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    I hope this means they bring back Vin Gonzales as a Goblin disciple. Has he even been seen since before Big Time?
    This isn't a phrase that one gets to use very often, but, "Last time we saw him, he was getting his ass beat by Harry Osborn."

Four degrees higher Cheesedique's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by E. Wilson View Post
    This isn't a phrase that one gets to use very often, but, "Last time we saw him, he was getting his ass beat by Harry Osborn."
    I remember and I think its time they were both back in the pages of ASM. Along with baby Stanley and grampa Norman. That'd make for one hell of a #700th issue.

Even if you didn't like his comics, he paved the way for comic book writers who came from the television and film industry, including Joss Whedon, JMS, Marc Guggenheim, Christos Gage and Paul Cornell.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Don't forget Brian K. Vaughan! He's proven to be one of the most popular comic writers of the past decade with his runs on Ex Machina, Y the Last Man, Runaways, and now Saga is everybody's favorite indie book.

Well, ok, I'll give him that. I just found both those works stupid.Especially the DD, I mean "Spider-Man was someone else at the time so he went to have his revenge on DD". What was that? Not to mention that he needed years to complete a story. Let's not forget DD Target.

That was a cock-up. Two editorial offices failing to communicate with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    Don't forget Brian K. Vaughan! He's proven to be one of the most popular comic writers of the past decade with his runs on Ex Machina, Y the Last Man, Runaways, and now Saga is everybody's favorite indie book.
    But... he didn't come from TV/film. He started in comics, and has done a lot less in the comics world since he started working in TV.