Default Wolverine & The X-Men: Alpha & Omega #5

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prv12212_cov.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	92742
    Preview.

Near dreadful:
    Mini in general. The contrived intracacies of the workings/problems with The Construct. Drawings of Rachel this issue. Beast on the cover only. Leniency of the typically hardnosed Logan. The fact that Emma, Xavier, Rachel, Betsy, and Jean weren't good enough teachers of psi-defense. Silly flipflopping of Quire from sincere regret/tears back to his typical pain-in-the-ass persona and proud of it.
    Last edited by Bookem Danno; 05-02-2012 at 03:37 PM. Reason: add preview

This mini had promise and then went to shit like issue 3

I know right? The little brat mind rapes his headmaster and a fellow student, then pretty much gets rewarded for it. What lesson are we supposed to be learning here?

You pretty much had to know that a mini like this was just gonna be some one-off thing that had no actual repercussions in the books people actually buy, but God DAMNIT, that was a waste of time and money.

I enjoyed it. Interested to see what Wood does with X-Men.

These panels nearly made the whole mini worth it

Retired

Looks like Professor Coy Manh likes to wear school uniform. Wood is all over the place. Didn't he also mention how he was going to include "Roxy" but settled for Bling! instead? lol.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

BANNED

If you ignore all the stupid video-game scenes, this was a great comic.

BANNED

I enjoyed a lot of this, Rachel was fun. Armor was good. Karma was GREAT. But the parts with Quire were terrible. He just pusses out at the end and thinks he can run away? I understand he's a punk kid, but still, he had bigger balls in Schism. Then Wolverine, who is all about the kids now, says his favorite part was stabbing QQ? Completely stupid. The ending of this bombed big time. Good art work though! Quirky and fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    Then Wolverine, who is all about the kids now, says his favorite part was stabbing QQ? Completely stupid.
    Maybe he's like a pedofile but instead of getting off diddling children he get;s off with stabbing them.

The are was a huge turnoff for me. Especially Rachel.
    Be of service to all Comic Book readers and sign: http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...tBlackPanther/

I think it's relevant that Wolverine wants Quire to teach him Psi-Defense, considering what QQ's got away with in the past and the current Event.

I think the mini is great if you just focus on Rachel trying to control the situation and the awesome cameos by staff and students, the stupid video game reality was the killer from the start and the only thing it gave us was Wolverine yet again stabbing one of Jean's kids.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

The solicits lied, there was no Logan vs the Berserker in this issue. And I gotta say, based on how the last issue ended, it really seems a bit anticlimactic if you're reading it full through.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Words from the future. Scarlet Silence's Avatar

I predicted there could be no consequence to this story from the onset, given the lasting conclusions are either superseded by the ongoing Wolverine and the X-Men (example: Quire growing-up), or beneath the writing sensibilities of Brian Wood (the death or dismemberment of a character for superficial dramatic weight).

Unfortunately, the book was also yet another story about Wolverine being mind-controlled and going on a murderous rampage, and much of it was a false reality that has no bearing on reality.

I thought the whole series was terrific (and I'm not just saying that as a Quire fan). I'm having a hard time understanding why one wouldn't like it.
    My favorite part was that the maintaining of the construct required the participants to unconsciously fill in any blanks (hence all of the soldiers having Armor's brother's face). It's a cool, post modern take on the idea of constructivist reality.