Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I have to admit, I'm looking forward to Spymaster (FINALLY) causing some havok. Also, I wonder if that Crimson Dynamo is the chick that was in the Darkstar and Winter Guard mini....
    Current Pulls:
    Iron Man, Batman, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Daredevil, East of West, Iron Patriot, Mass Effect: Foundation, Moon Knight, New Avengers

Welcome to the Future. HeroxMatt2.0's Avatar

I wonder if Hammer actually (specifically) ordered him to kill Cababa, or if he had to do it becuase it's all part of a larger plan? ie, bring down Resilient and he's just going to kill the whole lot of them.
    You are an apocalypse dreaming of butterflies
    and
    we are a patchwork of miracles.

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Runguy View Post
    How does one don a Iron Man suit or wield a magical hammer?! Just go with it
    I'll go with it I'm not the one to argue with comic logic
    just that it was so funny to see that
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeroxMatt2.0 View Post
    I wonder if Hammer actually (specifically) ordered him to kill Cababa, or if he had to do it becuase it's all part of a larger plan? ie, bring down Resilient and he's just going to kill the whole lot of them.
    Cababa would have gotten in the way. the ruse if over. Spymaster needs to be free to do damage; w/o checking in with his boyfriend. i wonder if he meant what he said about not pretending. i only bring it up because Sinclair (Spymaster) was a married dude. he and his wife had to be pretty close; considering that she was onboard with his supervillainy. i guess there's the possibility that he's so good at this job that he believes the roles that he's playing. that would be hilariously crazy. or he could be bi. or maybe he and Gretta were only married as part of the "game."
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by CTpitch View Post
    How does one express emotion from the mask spymaster had on
    same way that the Chameleon used to. he also wore his mask under his masks.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    Cababa would have gotten in the way. the ruse if over. Spymaster needs to be free to do damage; w/o checking in with his boyfriend. i wonder if he meant what he said about not pretending. i only bring it up because Sinclair (Spymaster) was a married dude. he and his wife had to be pretty close; considering that she was onboard with his supervillainy. i guess there's the possibility that he's so good at this job that he believes the roles that he's playing. that would be hilariously crazy. or he could be bi. or maybe he and Gretta were only married as part of the "game."
    That's how i took what he said. That he gets so into his roles. He literally becomes that person. He is married to a woman. Although he could be Bi as you stated.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

It's a shame that Cababa had to be the first to go, in that case. Out of all of the "think-tank" for Resilient, I liked him the most. I would've liked to have seen a conflict between Spymaster and Cababa further down the line, for dramatic purposes, but for shock-and-awe this worked very well.
    and

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStark1012 View Post
    That's how i took what he said. That he gets so into his roles. He literally becomes that person. He is married to a woman. Although he could be Bi as you stated.
    i'll compromise and just say that Sinclair has no definable identity of his own; hence his need to be Spymaster. he'll be whatever he needs to be. i kind of want to see him go up against Black Widow.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

i'll compromise and just say that Sinclair has no definable identity of his own; hence his need to be Spymaster. he'll be whatever he needs to be. i kind of want to see him go up against Black Widow.
    That's a good theory. Also it would be cool to see him go against Black Widow. I think he is a great villain. I still don't know why they haven't touched on him being the one that killed Happy Hogan?
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStark1012 View Post
    That's a good theory. Also it would be cool to see him go against Black Widow. I think he is a great villain. I still don't know why they haven't touched on him being the one that killed Happy Hogan?
    i think they are trying to avoid mentioning Happy because it makes Pepper (and Tony) look bad.

Anyone have an idea as to what the point of Crimson Dynamo and Firebrand attacking at the beginning was? They're operatives of the Hammer/Stane/Mandarin team, and then Hammer arrested them - so was it just another effort to make Iron Man look bad in public (the way the place was destroyed)?
    and

Really loved the interchange between Tony and Cap in this issue. It's clear that Cap isn't just upset about Tony throwing a sucker punch, but that he knows Tony's going into his crisis mode, which means either

A.) Tony will completely shut down and drink himself to death, or
    B.) Tony will come up with an elaborate, manipulative scheme that effects everyone but is pulled off as Tony's unilateral action (maybe with a few close friends being his semi-witting pawns)

We know it's B.), but even if Cap suspects that Tony isn't truly off the wagon, he still hasn't forgotten Civil War. I can't ever buy that the two men would be friends again after all of that, so it's good to see them touch on this bad blood.

BANNED

This was a great read. I'm thinking it's not Rhodey either, but Stane also.

The more I think about it, the more I'll like Stane becoming the "next" Iron Man.

But I could imagine that all the "old-school" purist Iron Man fans will hate it.
    and

i think they are trying to avoid mentioning Happy because it makes Pepper (and Tony) look bad.
    It's more than that, they are trying to retcon Happy out entirely and treat Pepper as Tony's eternal one true love and life-long obsession. Even going so far as to have Tony destroy an employee's career because he appeared to be flirting with Pepper, a notion that simply doesn't fit in the same universe where Happy married Pepper with Tony's blessing.