Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 72 of 72
  1. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    at the risk of sounding cold-blooded...there are now (at least) 2 vacated positions at Stark Resilient. mighy i selfishly suggest Scott Lang for re-employment? man needs to eat. he's a skilled engineer. and he and Tony have history; they've saved each others lives and shared incredible risks. plus there's the issue of Fraction possibly writing him in two books. R.I.P Tim.
    I'm not sure Scott cares about employment, Tony Stark, or anything else right now but the recent death of his daughter...

  2. #62
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    46,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeroxMatt2.0 View Post
    But I think, as an Iron Man book, it would be counter productive to bring in an established character?

    like Pepper Potts, Henry Hellrung, or Rhodey?

    Quote Originally Posted by HeroxMatt2.0 View Post
    He wouldn't be used as much,
    he's not being used at all, at the moment. and this would be in addition to him possibly being part of the Defenders book. there's absolutely no risk in it.

    Quote Originally Posted by HeroxMatt2.0 View Post
    and it may take focus away from Iron Man, or reduce Scott Lang even further. Where Black Widow makes a great supporting character for Winter Soldier, I'm not sure Scott Lang would work as a supporting character for Iron Man.
    he started out as a supporting character for Iron Man. he's never had his own title. i'm just talking about him filling the hole left by Tim Cababa. Tim appeared a number of times. i wouldn't expect Scott to appear more or less than that. but being a part of the book would be going back to his roots. plus it would keep him in circulation for the movie.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

  3. #63
    Senior Member Lascoden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    at the risk of sounding cold-blooded...there are now (at least) 2 vacated positions at Stark Resilient. mighy i selfishly suggest Scott Lang for re-employment? man needs to eat. he's a skilled engineer. and he and Tony have history; they've saved each others lives and shared incredible risks. plus there's the issue of Fraction possibly writing him in two books. R.I.P Tim.
    Like a shark, soon as the bloods in the water!

    But, seriously, that actually seems pretty likely. He seems to like tying his books together, like how Thor and Iron Man are connected with FI and the building of Asgardia. I could see him tying Defenders to IIM using Lang. Plus, as you said, it makes sense from a narrative point of view, since he has the skills and history.

    How would you feel if he ended up being the new Iron Man?

  4. #64
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    46,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nitz the Bloody View Post
    I'm not sure Scott cares about employment, Tony Stark, or anything else right now but the recent death of his daughter...
    have you read something that i haven't? he was present at the end of Children's Crusade. he was sad but smiling. it's not like he ran off to drink himself to death. he didn't go after Doctor Doom like Frank Castle. he was proud of Cassie. and i'm sure he was proud that she went out fighting. and, like i said, the man has to eat. you don't think he'd seek out the familiarity of old friends?
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

  5. #65
    Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Noir City
    Posts
    1,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lascoden View Post
    How would you feel if he ended up being the new Iron Man?
    that would be completely out of left field
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

    Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

  6. #66
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    46,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lascoden View Post
    Like a shark, soon as the bloods in the water!

    But, seriously, that actually seems pretty likely. He seems to like tying his books together, like how Thor and Iron Man are connected with FI and the building of Asgardia. I could see him tying Defenders to IIM using Lang. Plus, as you said, it makes sense from a narrative point of view, since he has the skills and history.

    How would you feel if he ended up being the new Iron Man?
    that would be weird. but i'll take any Scott Lang i can get. they've robofied Eric O'Grady so i'm not holding out much hope for my other favorite Ant-Man. i think it'd be cool to have several characters masquerade as Iron man as part of a mind**** to Mandarin's forces. Rhodey, Pepper, Henry, and Scott could all get in on the act.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

  7. #67
    Welcome to the Future. HeroxMatt2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Australia.
    Posts
    4,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    like Pepper Potts, Henry Hellrung, or Rhodey?



    he's not being used at all, at the moment. and this would be in addition to him possibly being part of the Defenders book. there's absolutely no risk in it.



    he started out as a supporting character for Iron Man. he's never had his own title. i'm just talking about him filling the hole left by Tim Cababa. Tim appeared a number of times. i wouldn't expect Scott to appear more or less than that. but being a part of the book would be going back to his roots. plus it would keep him in circulation for the movie.
    Fair enough. I think I've been doing so many uni essays, me writing b.s has become second nature.
    You are an apocalypse dreaming of butterflies
    and
    we are a patchwork of miracles.

  8. #68
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    46,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeroxMatt2.0 View Post
    Fair enough. I think I've been doing so many uni essays, me writing b.s has become second nature.
    having to write essays makes me break out in hives. the only thing i miss about college was the cafeteria.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

  9. #69
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    i think it'd be cool to have several characters masquerade as Iron man as part of a mind**** to Mandarin's forces. Rhodey, Pepper, Henry, and Scott could all get in on the act.
    10 Iron Men to match the 10 rings of the Mandarin?

  10. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CTpitch View Post
    Pim ripping off his face to reveal himself as Spymaster was great
    so Pim had a mask under a mask the whole time lol
    His head must've been huge! :)

  11. #71
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    46,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A-Man View Post
    His head must've been huge! :)
    Pimacher's head was huge; a real five-head. i noted it after his first appearance.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

  12. #72
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    46,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by idiopathic View Post
    10 Iron Men to match the 10 rings of the Mandarin?
    does Stark Resilient even have five employees, yet? :D
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •