Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default why do comic companies have the worst selection of subscription titles?

but the best method(i prefer being charged once a year as opposed to once a month for every title)

Since Ultimate Spider-Man Marvel has not even dared to update their list

DC? Since they relaunched the website in march several titles are missing and they've basically stated that the current list is all they have to offer for the next few months despite the fact it's missing several titles like batwoman animal man swamp thing justice league dark and the second wave titles....

i don't wanna have to use another site that will probably charge me more often for my comics just because the comic company itself is too lazy to keep itself updated
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

They seem to be just starting to take the internet seriously. I see it outside comics too, where the industry leader in a particular product has a draconian website you can't even order from, and they still insist you call someone on the phone to place an order, while their cheap Chinese competitor has an incredibly polished website and marketplace. Self defeating really.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

McDonalds. They don't have subscription services for anything!
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

it just makes no sense to me....DC seems to have no interest in allowing people to subscribe to the second wave titles and they've removed titles like batwoman justice league dark swamp thing and animal man from the online list that makes even less sense

it's not like the titles they removed were unpopular and in danger of being canceled so why remove them and never add them back.....it's been like that since the website relaunched

Action Comics
    Batman
    Detective Comics
    Justice League
    DC Universe
    Batgirl
    Batman and Robin
    Batman: The Dark Knight
    Catwoman
    The Flash
    Green Arrow
    Green Lantern
    Green Lantern Corps
    Nightwing
    Supergirl
    Superman
    Teen Titans
    Wonder Woman

those are the only titles DC currently offers on the website....is that really what you call a diverse line up?

Subscriptions are a small part of their business. They really don't want to mess with it. With the number of mail order services out there, I'd be willing to bet that "i don't wanna have to use another site that will probably charge me more often for my comics" is likely untrue. I know in the past, Marvel's subscription department had a HORRIBLE reputation.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

how is it likely untrue? who wants to be charged every month for every comic....i rather pay for them all and not have to worry about them until next year

I'm saying that if you look around, you could probably find someplace that will charge you once for the next twelve issues. I'd offer direction, but frankly I haven't looked into it in about a decade.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    I'm saying that if you look around, you could probably find someplace that will charge you once for the next twelve issues. I'd offer direction, but frankly I haven't looked into it in about a decade.
    most sites i've looked at that have a subscription option charge you monthly

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Subscriptions are a small part of their business. They really don't want to mess with it. With the number of mail order services out there, I'd be willing to bet that "i don't wanna have to use another site that will probably charge me more often for my comics" is likely untrue. I know in the past, Marvel's subscription department had a HORRIBLE reputation.

All of this has been explained to the OP at least a dozen times. Instead of actively trying to change his situation by emailing mail order companies and asking if he can pay in advance or switching to Comixology, he chooses to complain about it every month or two.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Ahhhh...thanks.
    'Dox out.

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    All of this has been explained to the OP at least a dozen times. Instead of actively trying to change his situation by emailing mail order companies and asking if he can pay in advance or switching to Comixology, he chooses to complain about it every month or two.
    Because Nobody has listed any reliable mail order companies and i refuse i say refuse to go digital

Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    Because Nobody has listed any reliable mail order companies and i refuse i say refuse to go digital
    (shouting:)

BECAUSE NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ENOUGH TO HELP YOU WITH YOUR PETTY WHINING!
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

Petty Whining? Oh I'm sorry i don't have any comic book shops in my area but i just want to read some good comics okay? i want to get them from the most reliable place that i can and since nobody could recommend me a site with A fitting subscription method i had no choice but to use DC

but that doesn't mean i should suck it up and deal with it especially when i don't even know if they'll give me certain titles or just say sorry but we can't give you swamp thing batwoman animal man and justice league dark anymore

Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    Petty Whining? Oh I'm sorry i don't have any comic book shops in my area but i just want to read some good comics okay? i want to get them from the most reliable place that i can and since nobody could recommend me a site with A fitting subscription method i had no choice but to use DC

but that doesn't mean i should suck it up and deal with it especially when i don't even know if they'll give me certain titles or just say sorry but we can't give you swamp thing batwoman animal man and justice league dark anymore
    Find one your damn self. As others have suggested, try contacting the sites to see if they can give you what you want. Just because they don't explicitly offer what you want doesn't mean they won't.

By the way, most people prefer to pay for issues as they come out, that's why the model is what it is. A change in creative teams or storyline may disappoint some readers and they'll want to drop the title. That's not an option with a full year, pre-paid subscription.

Like the Rolling Stones said, you can't always get what you want. So yes, you'll have to suck it up and find a way to accept your limited options, because that's what people fucking do.

Now go start another thread about how Batwoman's hype has died down and that you're worried it'll be canceled or something equally pointless.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

I Wasn't worried about batwoman getting canceled...nowhere did i say that i was just thinking it's hype had dropped to a pretty low amount due to the confusing storyline going on(which isn't exactly pointless because news flash the hype has died down and if interest dies down it could get canceled)

Well I'm not most people and i prefer not having to think about renewing my comics all the time i get what i like and what I'm into(which is usually bat related titles and anything dark)

and one more thing I've done all the searching i can get but i don't know a lot of comic websites out there so i really wouldn't know who to buy from so telling me to find one myself is just a stupid thing to say when that's just telling me to google Comic Book subscriptions until i find a perfect match

you think It's so easy to find a reliable and suitable comics website? Good for You But I'm still new to buying comics online so i know few websites and only one of which i can even say is quite reliable due to it's reputation the rest are hit or miss take them or leave them