Page 263 of 334 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273313 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 5001

I've been watching far too much Teen Titans lately. I've actually started reading the tie-in comic because Boomerang is airing episodes that I've already seen (and because it's only 99 cents an issue on Comixology.)

I ordered the Trouble In Tokyo DVD yesterday because it's only 50 cents more than the cost of renting it. Of course, now that I own the movie, I'm gonna have to buy the rest of the series on DVD. Bummer.

Two things:

1. Boomerang has been airing the series in order as long as I can remember, but on Friday they abruptly stopped halfway through season four. They're going to start up again tonight, but in a seemingly random order. WTF?

I suspect that Boomerang is about to drop TT from its late-night lineup. I don't mind admitting that I may cry.

2. I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but the more I watch this show, the more I become a hopeless Beast Boy/Raven shipper. I get why the writers intentionally avoided developing any kind of relationship in the show, but the two characters have so much chemistry together that it seems unnatural that nothing ever happened between them.

BTW, the Internet is full of very sick individuals. If you want to keep your sanity intact, do not Google "Beast Boy" and "Raven" in the same search.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    So the NFL Preseason finally began last night. I know preseason games are usually pretty sloppy and bland, last night being no exception. But I'm just SO glad that football is back in at least some form. Aside from True Blood, Breaking Bad, and the occasional baseball game this isn't a very good time of year for quality TV. I'm ready for football to come back and I look forward to seeing the Ravens and the Packers in the superbowl. That's my prediction. I think that the Ravens are going to get over the hump this year. They were one botched catch away from it last year and I think this year will be their year.
    I hear ya. I could care less about the NFL preseason itself. I'm just glad to see evidence that football season is right around the corner. This'll be my first football season with HD at home, and I am STOKED. Can't wait to see my Dawgs kick @$$ in 1080p.

HAIL STATE.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    I've been watching far too much Teen Titans lately. I've actually started reading the tie-in comic because Boomerang is airing episodes that I've already seen (and because it's only 99 cents an issue on Comixology.)

I ordered the Trouble In Tokyo DVD yesterday because it's only 50 cents more than the cost of renting it. Of course, now that I own the movie, I'm gonna have to buy the rest of the series on DVD. Bummer.

Two things:

1. Boomerang has been airing the series in order as long as I can remember, but on Friday they abruptly stopped halfway through season four. They're going to start up again tonight, but in a seemingly random order. WTF?

I suspect that Boomerang is about to drop TT from its late-night lineup. I don't mind admitting that I may cry.

2. I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but the more I watch this show, the more I become a hopeless Beast Boy/Raven shipper. I get why the writers intentionally avoided developing any kind of relationship in the show, but the two characters have so much chemistry together that it seems unnatural that nothing ever happened between them.

BTW, the Internet is full of very sick individuals. If you want to keep your sanity intact, do not Google "Beast Boy" and "Raven" in the same search.
    Damn, that rots. I guess you really have no choice but to buy the DVDs now.

lol that's putting it mildly. Just remember rule 34 :P

By the way, in case you're interested here's a link for the DC Nation shorts.

Commander Dark Guard CaptainMarvell's Avatar

So the NFL Preseason finally began last night. I know preseason games are usually pretty sloppy and bland, last night being no exception. But I'm just SO glad that football is back in at least some form. Aside from True Blood, Breaking Bad, and the occasional baseball game this isn't a very good time of year for quality TV. I'm ready for football to come back and I look forward to seeing the Ravens and the Packers in the superbowl. That's my prediction. I think that the Ravens are going to get over the hump this year. They were one botched catch away from it last year and I think this year will be their year.
    The Packers will be up there as long as they stay healthy, but I don't see Baltimore even winning their division this year. The defense is older, Flacco is still Flacco and Rice can't do everything. Steelers take the AFC North, but the Pats probably head back to the Super Bowl unfortunately.

Ravens and Packers? I'm not so sure... I think the Eagles might go pretty far this season. I'm just so ready for fantasy football.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarvell View Post
    The Packers will be up there as long as they stay healthy, but I don't see Baltimore even winning their division this year. The defense is older, Flacco is still Flacco and Rice can't do everything. Steelers take the AFC North, but the Pats probably head back to the Super Bowl unfortunately.
    A year ago, I would have thought that too. But I think the Ravens have a better running game, better receivers, and better special teams. The Steelers are definitely more aged than the Ravens in my opinion and I think that's going to factor into the Ravens winning the AFC this year. The Pats got lucky last year because Lee Evans dropped the winning touchdown. I don't see them getting that lucky again this year. They may make it to the AFC title game, but I think if they play the Ravens then the Ravens will come out as the better team.

In the NFC, it's all Pakers. That game against the Giants in the playoffs was just one of those games where everything that could go wrong did go wrong. I don't see that happening again. So long as Aaron Rodgers stays healthy, the Pakers will win the NFC.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    Ravens and Packers? I'm not so sure... I think the Eagles might go pretty far this season. I'm just so ready for fantasy football.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they did. The Eagles look much better this year and I think they'll be the ones to win the NFC East. I can see them making it to the NFC title game, but the Eagles just have a habit of choking in the playoffs. If it came down to the Eagles and the Pakers, and I think it will, I'm going with the Pakers. They have so many more weapons and the Eagles just don't do well in the playoffs.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Tumblr is so right about...everything.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

While that is awful truth at some jobs like office work (marketing, etc) what you should do as a young man is atleast try and get in a trainee programme, yeha it has no pay, but you do get the experience and afterwords (like how long is it? 3-5 weeks unless it's via school) you can get a proper employment contract.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Looks pretty epic, actually... Here's hoping they show more covers soon!

What Marvel NOW! titles are you guys picking up? I think I'll try Uncanny Avengers to start off...
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Rick Remender, Mark Waid and Jason Aaron stuff. I'm still not convinced with Iron Man and Thor getting relaunched, they're going to be relaunched again in 2013 or renumbered, i wonder which lol.

Joe Carnahan might direct Daredevil, thats so awesome! However the bigger news might be that Galactus may be owned by Disney again.

Tho for me, Carnahan's Grey being so awesome, has me totally pumped for Daredevil.
    Last edited by Drz; 08-06-2012 at 01:43 PM.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Rick Remender, Mark Waid and Jason Aaron stuff. I'm still not convinced with Iron Man and Thor getting relaunched, they're going to be relaunched again in 2013 or renumbered, i wonder which lol.

Joe Carnahan might direct Daredevil, thats so awesome! However the bigger news might be that Galactus may be owned by Disney again.

Tho for me, Carnahan's Grey being so awesome, has me totally pumped for Daredevil.
    This deal between Disney and Fox would be so awesome for fans. I hope they do it.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post

Too late! :P

You are waaaaayyyyy tooo late to the party on that one.

Last edited by Jer; 08-06-2012 at 06:57 PM.
    Any scientist who isn't willing to kill for science isn't really a scientist at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post

Tumblr is so right about...everything.
    You trying to get experience? Volunteer! Throw that old manager for a loop and say, "You know? I can work for free until I have enough experience so you can pay me."
    Any scientist who isn't willing to kill for science isn't really a scientist at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    While that is awful truth at some jobs like office work (marketing, etc) what you should do as a young man is atleast try and get in a trainee programme, yeha it has no pay, but you do get the experience and afterwords (like how long is it? 3-5 weeks unless it's via school) you can get a proper employment contract.
    There are like zero trainee programs here in America for that level. And there are internship programs but internships are mainly just for college going students. Americans are just screwed either way it goes.

edit:

that is one thing I like about Europe, you guys still have Apprentice programs for people