Page 122 of 334 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 5001

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    Yea I read somewhere on Facebook yesterday about old pennies being more valuable than one cent. That's pretty awesome. I'm going to have to look up the nearest refinery or something.
    Remember it is currently illegal to melt down money. However copper you find from other sources is perfectly okay.
    Any scientist who isn't willing to kill for science isn't really a scientist at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Samorai_black View Post
    Im sure it will, Ill be reading the spoilers though. I get AMS and USM so my shop put it in my file. The art was amazing though like HOLY &%$# AMAZING.
    Mines does that too. I don't have the heart to tell them no.

Thats pretty interesting.
    Here's another interesting fact. The design of the penny actual cost about a nickel to make, despite the fact that the current metal we use to make the penny on is now worthless. Due to this fact, the U.S government wanted to stop making the penny but we apparently have pro-penny lobbist keeping it in production.

I find the irony to be very funny.

I love it, to me this makes life so much more interesting know that we can be doen in by emotion.
    I find it fascinating, but I don't know if I actually love that fact.
    But I will say this, it's a good reminder to keep a positive attitude about life.
    Otherwise, it's a killer! For real.

I think the energy is everywhere already and part of everything. As for where it goes once it leaves the bender I have no clue but my first guess is back into everything.
    Well yeah, first two laws of thermodynamics.

1. Energy cannot be created or destroyed

2. Entropy of the system/universe will always increase. (Naturally)

But the thing with the Avatar Universe is that you have this nasty business of the spiritual world that is separate from the physical world of the avatar. I believe benders get there energy from the spirit world that they can tap into a part of the fifth element, ether.

But how does that mechanism exactly work? If it's the same, does making someone a non bender have a green house effect or other physical changes upon the avatar world that can be measured. If not. then does it go back to the Spirit world to some deity that grants bending abilities?

Or does the power go into somebody else that previously couldn't bend? Soooo manny interesting questioons (on fictional things lol)

Back into everything is a nice simple answer though! I can live with that for now.
    Any scientist who isn't willing to kill for science isn't really a scientist at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Remember it is currently illegal to melt down money. However copper you find from other sources is perfectly okay.
    Oh yea. I'm an idiot. I knew that. Lol.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Oh yea. I'm an idiot. I knew that. Lol.
    Don't feel too bad. I almost did that very same thing. lolz

I was recently at the zoo and found that they had those machines where you put a dollar in and you then spin a crank and it stretches a penny and you then get to keep said stretched penny. I've always wondered how that is legal. One thing I noticed is that all of the machines seemed to be spitting out American pennies, so perhaps its legal to destroy other countries' money but not your own. Also, my ex used to work for a high-end knife company as a door-to-door sales person. She would use pennies to demonstrate how easily the scissors could cut through hard objects. Now I know for a fact that was illegal, but it was a practice that the company made her do as part of her demonstrations.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    I was recently at the zoo and found that they had those machines where you put a dollar in and you then spin a crank and it stretches a penny and you then get to keep said stretched penny. I've always wondered how that is legal. One thing I noticed is that all of the machines seemed to be spitting out American pennies, so perhaps its legal to destroy other countries' money but not your own. Also, my ex used to work for a high-end knife company as a door-to-door sales person. She would use pennies to demonstrate how easily the scissors could cut through hard objects. Now I know for a fact that was illegal, but it was a practice that the company made her do as part of her demonstrations.
    Well at the zoo that I normally go to, you put in your own penny in plus a quarter or two and it stretches the penny you put in. I do wonder how that is legal...
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Well at the zoo that I normally go to, you put in your own penny in plus a quarter or two and it stretches the penny you put in. I do wonder how that is legal...
    Yeah this one was different, you can see a stack of American pennies inside the machine and you have to put in a loonie (dollar) and turn the crank. I've literally never seen a bigger scam. You trade in 1 dollar for 1 penny, and the penny isn't even spendable anymore.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Now here's something interesting on Marvel Animation.

Our trusted friend and, Marvel insider, Agent X is back with more EXCITING reveals. After, his earlier leaks were confirmed by yesterday’s Avengers Assemble announcement, Agent X revealed to me today Marvel’s future plans regarding its animation division. This also includes some fun facts about Comic con panel. While all his previous info have been proven correct, I will still suggest to take the below news with a grain of Salt.

As requested by agentX, i have reworded all what he revealed, so that his won’t get recognized by Marvel

*Disclaimer from AgentX: The info provided is accurate as of today. In the ream of Animation, changes happen all the time. So between now and series announcement and premiere couple things might change*

Regarding Ultimate Spider-man:

- Marvel knows how much fans hate the show. They know, that they messed up when they could have brought both kids and adults fans together, instead of focusing on the children. Regardless of what their PR BS makes it sound, the reason Ultimate Spider-man has been renewed for a second season, is that the network ordered the second season WAY before the series debut. The publicity stunt Marvel pulled by stating the show has been renewed by popular demand, is just a strategy to try and tell fans that people like this show maybe you should give it a second chance.

- Ratings for the show are not good. He then gave me the following example: If you have 10 people watching a channel, then you introduce a new show, and instantly 200 are watching, but after 2 weeks the number goes down to 60 you still have bad ratings drop, yet its way better than the original 10 they had before the show. Agent X wants you to look at that statement carefully and you will know the “TRUE” meaning of Marvel ratings PR stunt.

- Chances are more than high that Ultimate Spider-man will conclude after season 2. There will be some minor changes to the show during its 2013 season (a bit less in your face humor, a tiny bit more drama, and less scripts from “man of action” while more from Bendis and Dini). If by chance, the fans embrace the show in its second season it will be renewed, otherwise a new Spider-man show will replace it. Early talk about a series in the same tone as the upcoming movie reboot have been discussed, but nothing more than just that: discussion. Agent X also still urges the fans to show their disapproval of the show, since Marvel is listening, although it takes months and years for the company to answer the cries.

Hulk and the agents of SMASH:

- Agent X wants to make sure that people understand that the HULK and the Agents of SMASH is meant for kids, much like Ultimate Spider-man. Which a mistake Marvel is now realizing, but again, way too late.

- After Ultimate Spider-man fan backlash, Marvel is almost certain that hardcore fans are not going to enjoy this show either.

- Unlike Ultimate Spider-man, only 26 episode have been ordered, and to not make the same mistake again, the network will wait on the ratings before ordering a second season of SMASH.

- As mentioned before, the show premise is ACTION, ACTION, ACTION with no place for plot development. The target demographic of the show is boys ages 5-12. So again it seems a disney kids show with Marvel characters.

Regarding Avengers Assemble:

- According to Agent X, Avengers Assemble is the most ambitious TV animation project for marvel, ever. Unlike, Ultimate Spider-man and Hulk Agents of SMASH, the new Avengers show is taking cues from the successful Marvel Cinematic Universe, and from the thousands of angry fans comments towards the direction of Ultimate Spider-man. As a result the new show WILL NOT be in the same universe as Ultimate Spidey, nor is it in the same universe as Hulk and the Agents of SMASH.

- While still a cartoon, Avengers Assemble will be taking itself seriously and trying to appeal to both kids and hardcore fans.

- Marvel is spending money on Avengers Assemble than any other show, so expect high quality animation like never before.

- Wishful talk was made to have the actors from the Avengers movie reprise their roles in the show. But due to high costs, the idea could have been scrapped. Agent X does not know what was the final decision in this matter, but he knows that whoever is voicing the characters will try to sound similar to the movie cast.

- Falcon was chosen to be in the roster, so that fans get familiarized with the character, before his “certain” appearance in the next phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

- Panther and Antman will join the cast later and a possible Ms Marvel inclusion is also on the table.

- Thanos will feature as a big villain in the show.

2 more Animated Tv projects on the work:

- According to Agent X, 2 more, unannounced Marvel animated TV series are in different stage of production.

- One of these series is a new X-men animated show.

- Not much is known abt the X-men show except that it might have the same tone as Avengers Assemble.

- Agent X either did not want to reveal the second project or did not have enough info.

Regarding Comic con 2012:

- Agent X informed me that Marvel is a bit worried about fans reaction to Ultimate Spider-man on their animation panel.

- There will be undercover Marvel guys who will ask questions to the panelist, praising Ultimate Spider-man, and pretending to be hardcore fans who “supposedly” enjoy the show. While Agent X hates the sneaky plan, he tells me this is very common with almost all companies.

- A full episode of Ultimate Spider-man will be shown at the panel. According to him, it is either a Bendis written episode (Bendis episodes are supposedly good ones) or the a major villain reveal episode (either Green Goblin or Doc Octopus)

- Marvel hopes to show a full episode of Hulk and the Agents of SMASH. If the first episode has not been completed by July, a short 5min clip showing the SMASH agents in action will be shown instead.

- More info regarding Avengers Assemble will be revealed at the Panel, along with character designs, and maybe some test footage(if ready by then).

- Excpect a lot of praise from Jeph Loeb towards ultimate spider-man, and a claim that hardcore marvel fans love it, which of course is BS

Misc:

- Talks of an Avengers vs X-men adaptation is on the table. Agent X does not know if it will be a DTV movie or a crossover between the 2 upcoming tv series of Avengers Assemble and X-men.

- AgentX mentions that Marvel is moving along with new direct to video animated features. More on that in few month, he promises.

- AgentX asks the fans to be patient and to remember that Marvel is a company that listens to the fans. They might have messed up, big time he adds, with Ultimate Spider-man and Hulk agents of SMASH, but the company is learning, and avengers Assemble and the new X-men animated series will prove that. He also mentions the Marvel Cinematic Universe and how awesome it is now after few missteps in the beginning, and asks to have faith in the company, which is really aiming at beating DC animation in both series and DTV’s

- Marvel was so shocked and in awe at the huge number of complaints the company received for Ultimate Spider-man. The company started censoring their social pages (twitter, facebook) to block users from hating on the show, and therefore spreading the hate online.

With all that said, AgentX still asks the fans to voice their love, hate, or criticism towards the Marvel shows, via social media(twitter, facebook, forums, etc). The company does listen and the hate towards ultimate Spider-man is really helping change the upcoming projects and making Avengers Assemble a great show.
    PS. Like it or not with these comments, but it is true that USM had been confirmed with two seasons long before hand, Mickey Mouse will hope the fans would give the show a bigger chance, but you can see it's being very creatively smart to simply order 26 episodes of the Hulk show, if we keep the ratings low, they will soon realize that Jeph Loeb, Paul Dini & Man of Action are not the right choice for Marvel animation.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Elder Member

Sara Pichelli's AvX #11 Variant

CAPTAIN MARVEL #4
    KELLY SUE DECONNICK (w) DEXTER SOY (A)
    Cover by Ed MCGUINNESS
    DeConnick and Soy are back as the biggest new book of 2012 erupts into a wild ride that may change the course of History!
    Witness Blazing Battlefield Action as Captain Marvel finds herself in the middle of all out war.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ $2.99

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Sara Pichelli's AvX #11 Variant
    OMG The gorgeousness...it's blowing me away. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post

PS. Like it or not with these comments, but it is true that USM had been confirmed with two seasons long before hand, Mickey Mouse will hope the fans would give the show a bigger chance, but you can see it's being very creatively smart to simply order 26 episodes of the Hulk show, if we keep the ratings low, they will soon realize that Jeph Loeb, Paul Dini & Man of Action are not the right choice for Marvel animation.
    I would love a new X-Men series, but maybe with a tighter cast. Hmm...what direction should it take? They've done True-to-the-Comics w/the Original Animated Series, they did Them-As-Teens with Evolution, WatXM had the focus on Logan with some modern adaptations of some storylines...

I know it'd never happen, but I'd love a New Mutants storyline. It's got new characters who really haven't been focused on as much in any of the other media, and you could start it with the whole "The original X-Men are dead, OMG! You guys've gotta replace them" aspect. There'd be tons of pressure on them, and you could use a lot of the comic storylines but have people like Cannonball, Wolfsbane and Moonstar have to deal with them ("Mutant Massacre", "God Loves Man Kills", some Shi'Ar stuff...)

Roster could be a little mixed up, maybe: Cannonball, Moonstar (maybe merge her and Karma into a composite character), Wolfsbane, Sunspot, and Magik to start out. Then in Season 2, you could add people like Rachel Summers (from the FUTURE), Kitty Pryde (maybe she survived?), Rictor and Boom-Boom. The Second Season could involve Magneto taking over as headmaster, and perhaps the kids decide to find the original X-Men, if Kitty came back and said they were still alive somewhere...

Anyway, I'D watch that show. ;)
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

You're not going to have a show with the most popular and merchandiseable characters as dead.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

No. Not any more. I wasn't enjoying the owls and now this happens. I'm done with it. Only DC comics I'm reading now are Action Comics, Batman Incorporated, and Smallville Season 11.

Bad. Very bad. It's just such a stupid reveal and that the character existed a long time ago, but spoilers:
    does he REALLY need a brother again? Wasn't Batman having a son enough?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think it was a cool reveal, but we all have our opinions..
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by thecrimson; 06-13-2012 at 02:39 PM.
    Thank god comic fans are such a tiny little percentage of the audience needed for a successful film because apparently we not only hate fucking everything, we're willing to even pre-hate things...

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    spoilers:
    I think it was a cool reveal, but we all have our opinions..
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Thomas Wayne Jr. existed YEARS ago and was retconned, this is a retcon of a retcon of a retcon.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Thomas Wayne Jr. existed YEARS ago and was retconned, this is a retcon of a retcon of a retcon.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Technically it's a reboot, so they chose for that other character to not exist in this new universe, but for a NEW Thomas Wayne Jr. to exist. I trust Snyder and he hasn't let me down yet. This was a very interesting twist, what with him being Owlman as well. But again, we all have our opinions and I recognize yours. Also in the interview Snyder said it might just be a dude CLAIMING to be his brother, which will be revealed in #11.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by thecrimson; 06-13-2012 at 02:51 PM.
    Thank god comic fans are such a tiny little percentage of the audience needed for a successful film because apparently we not only hate fucking everything, we're willing to even pre-hate things...