Our trusted friend and, Marvel insider, Agent X is back with more EXCITING reveals. After, his earlier leaks were confirmed by yesterday’s Avengers Assemble announcement, Agent X revealed to me today Marvel’s future plans regarding its animation division. This also includes some fun facts about Comic con panel. While all his previous info have been proven correct, I will still suggest to take the below news with a grain of Salt.
As requested by agentX, i have reworded all what he revealed, so that his won’t get recognized by Marvel
*Disclaimer from AgentX: The info provided is accurate as of today. In the ream of Animation, changes happen all the time. So between now and series announcement and premiere couple things might change*
Regarding Ultimate Spider-man:
- Marvel knows how much fans hate the show. They know, that they messed up when they could have brought both kids and adults fans together, instead of focusing on the children. Regardless of what their PR BS makes it sound, the reason Ultimate Spider-man has been renewed for a second season, is that the network ordered the second season WAY before the series debut. The publicity stunt Marvel pulled by stating the show has been renewed by popular demand, is just a strategy to try and tell fans that people like this show maybe you should give it a second chance.
- Ratings for the show are not good. He then gave me the following example: If you have 10 people watching a channel, then you introduce a new show, and instantly 200 are watching, but after 2 weeks the number goes down to 60 you still have bad ratings drop, yet its way better than the original 10 they had before the show. Agent X wants you to look at that statement carefully and you will know the “TRUE” meaning of Marvel ratings PR stunt.
- Chances are more than high that Ultimate Spider-man will conclude after season 2. There will be some minor changes to the show during its 2013 season (a bit less in your face humor, a tiny bit more drama, and less scripts from “man of action” while more from Bendis and Dini). If by chance, the fans embrace the show in its second season it will be renewed, otherwise a new Spider-man show will replace it. Early talk about a series in the same tone as the upcoming movie reboot have been discussed, but nothing more than just that: discussion. Agent X also still urges the fans to show their disapproval of the show, since Marvel is listening, although it takes months and years for the company to answer the cries.
Hulk and the agents of SMASH:
- Agent X wants to make sure that people understand that the HULK and the Agents of SMASH is meant for kids, much like Ultimate Spider-man. Which a mistake Marvel is now realizing, but again, way too late.
- After Ultimate Spider-man fan backlash, Marvel is almost certain that hardcore fans are not going to enjoy this show either.
- Unlike Ultimate Spider-man, only 26 episode have been ordered, and to not make the same mistake again, the network will wait on the ratings before ordering a second season of SMASH.
- As mentioned before, the show premise is ACTION, ACTION, ACTION with no place for plot development. The target demographic of the show is boys ages 5-12. So again it seems a disney kids show with Marvel characters.
Regarding Avengers Assemble:
- According to Agent X, Avengers Assemble is the most ambitious TV animation project for marvel, ever. Unlike, Ultimate Spider-man and Hulk Agents of SMASH, the new Avengers show is taking cues from the successful Marvel Cinematic Universe, and from the thousands of angry fans comments towards the direction of Ultimate Spider-man. As a result the new show WILL NOT be in the same universe as Ultimate Spidey, nor is it in the same universe as Hulk and the Agents of SMASH.
- While still a cartoon, Avengers Assemble will be taking itself seriously and trying to appeal to both kids and hardcore fans.
- Marvel is spending money on Avengers Assemble than any other show, so expect high quality animation like never before.
- Wishful talk was made to have the actors from the Avengers movie reprise their roles in the show. But due to high costs, the idea could have been scrapped. Agent X does not know what was the final decision in this matter, but he knows that whoever is voicing the characters will try to sound similar to the movie cast.
- Falcon was chosen to be in the roster, so that fans get familiarized with the character, before his “certain” appearance in the next phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Panther and Antman will join the cast later and a possible Ms Marvel inclusion is also on the table.
- Thanos will feature as a big villain in the show.
2 more Animated Tv projects on the work:
- According to Agent X, 2 more, unannounced Marvel animated TV series are in different stage of production.
- One of these series is a new X-men animated show.
- Not much is known abt the X-men show except that it might have the same tone as Avengers Assemble.
- Agent X either did not want to reveal the second project or did not have enough info.
Regarding Comic con 2012:
- Agent X informed me that Marvel is a bit worried about fans reaction to Ultimate Spider-man on their animation panel.
- There will be undercover Marvel guys who will ask questions to the panelist, praising Ultimate Spider-man, and pretending to be hardcore fans who “supposedly” enjoy the show. While Agent X hates the sneaky plan, he tells me this is very common with almost all companies.
- A full episode of Ultimate Spider-man will be shown at the panel. According to him, it is either a Bendis written episode (Bendis episodes are supposedly good ones) or the a major villain reveal episode (either Green Goblin or Doc Octopus)
- Marvel hopes to show a full episode of Hulk and the Agents of SMASH. If the first episode has not been completed by July, a short 5min clip showing the SMASH agents in action will be shown instead.
- More info regarding Avengers Assemble will be revealed at the Panel, along with character designs, and maybe some test footage(if ready by then).
- Excpect a lot of praise from Jeph Loeb towards ultimate spider-man, and a claim that hardcore marvel fans love it, which of course is BS
- Talks of an Avengers vs X-men adaptation is on the table. Agent X does not know if it will be a DTV movie or a crossover between the 2 upcoming tv series of Avengers Assemble and X-men.
- AgentX mentions that Marvel is moving along with new direct to video animated features. More on that in few month, he promises.
- AgentX asks the fans to be patient and to remember that Marvel is a company that listens to the fans. They might have messed up, big time he adds, with Ultimate Spider-man and Hulk agents of SMASH, but the company is learning, and avengers Assemble and the new X-men animated series will prove that. He also mentions the Marvel Cinematic Universe and how awesome it is now after few missteps in the beginning, and asks to have faith in the company, which is really aiming at beating DC animation in both series and DTV’s
- Marvel was so shocked and in awe at the huge number of complaints the company received for Ultimate Spider-man. The company started censoring their social pages (twitter, facebook) to block users from hating on the show, and therefore spreading the hate online.
With all that said, AgentX still asks the fans to voice their love, hate, or criticism towards the Marvel shows, via social media(twitter, facebook, forums, etc). The company does listen and the hate towards ultimate Spider-man is really helping change the upcoming projects and making Avengers Assemble a great show.