Page 58 of 334 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast
    Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Umm...have you still not finished Hickman's run? This adds so much to that particular Reed's character, and we learn about the formation of the Council. It doesn't need to be talked about again, the followup has already happened.

Right, IGN. They NEVER get lists wrong...
    I've only read all of FF, his first arc, Death of Johnny Storm, and the .1, the rest are sitting on my shelf waiting for his run to be over.

Here's the list:

http://comics.ign.com/articles/117/1172264p1.html

Judge for yourself, I say it's pretty solid.

Trailer for 007: Skyfall

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jackman
    starts shooting in August!!! “@MarkGreen74: @RealHughJackman Hi Hugh, any updates on the next Wolverine film for all us geeky fans? "
    SOURCE

Speaking Hugh Jackman here's his "teacher interview" courtesy of CollegeHumor
    Last edited by wyokid; 05-21-2012 at 02:10 AM.

Last night was finale night for a lot of shows, but one stood out among all the others...Peter Griffin fighting the giant chicken again. I know this is an old gimmick. I know Family Guy has overblown this thing on more than one occasion. But I still found myself laughing through the whole thing. It was more epic than any battle I've seen on Ultimate Spider-Man or even Avengers EMH lately. It's how an epic fight should be! Definitely made my weekend.

Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Elder Member

Am getting caught up on a ton of stuff!

Wolverine and the X-Men #8 - This book is about run it's course for me. The Hellfire Club was always dreadfully uninteresting to me yet somehow Jason Aaron has made them even MORE boring! Throw in the horrible choice of making Angel insane, a terrible McGuffin, and a dull plot of Wolverine's bones being broken, messy artwork, and you've got a snore worthy comic. 5/10

Venom #15 - Poor, poor Flash Thompson. I mean jeez. Not only has he become addicted to the symbiote, his love life is torn to shreds, his family doesn't trust him, his teammates question him, and on top of all that Eddie Brock is gathering symbiotes for some reason! The art was wonky at times, but other than that one hell of an issue! 8/10

Wolverine and the X-Men: Alpha & Omega - While this was incredibly well made, I find myself just not caring about the characters. Armor is dull, Quire is annoying, Summers is boring, and Berserker Wolverine is bad as it always is. What started as a miniseries I was really into has turned into an uninteresting bore. 9/10

Chew #25 - Great end to yet another great arc. I LOVED all the cameos in the theater. If you aren't reading this book we can no longer be friends. 8/10

America's Got Powers #1 - Only got halfway through at which point I got so sick of the art I had to stop reading it. Why people love Bryan Hitch so much will forever remain a mystery to me. N/A

Carnage U.S.A. #5 - Three words: Symbiote. Infested. Animals. A great ending to an awesome miniseries! This really felt like the Empire Strikes Back of the story, I really hope there's a third one finishing the story up. 9/10

Marvel Universe: Avengers, Earth's Mightiest Heroes #1 - A pretty cool issue. It''s definitely all-ages though. It's composed of two stories, the first being about Mandarin using Fin Fang Foom to attack New York and the other filling the gap between seasons one and two. Overall it was pretty good, but nothing really mind-blowing. 7/10

Nowhere near the end!

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Am getting caught up on a ton of stuff!

Wolverine and the X-Men #8 - This book is about run it's course for me. The Hellfire Club was always dreadfully uninteresting to me yet somehow Jason Aaron has made them even MORE boring! Throw in the horrible choice of making Angel insane, a terrible McGuffin, and a dull plot of Wolverine's bones being broken, messy artwork, and you've got a snore worthy comic. 5/10
    The Angel plot is a continuation from Uncanny X-Force, not from Jason Aaron. Also, this book is awesome.

Wolverine and the X-Men: Alpha & Omega - an uninteresting bore. 9/10
    Chew #25 - Great end to yet another great arc. If you aren't reading this book we can no longer be friends. 8/10
    Your ratings are... strange.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Elder Member

The Angel plot is a continuation from Uncanny X-Force, not from Jason Aaron. Also, this book is awesome.
    That would explain why it came out of nowhere.

Your ratings are... strange.
    If the product is well made I'm not going to deny that it was well made. For all intents and purposes there was nothing wrong with A&O, it just wasn't something I wanted to read. WatXM on the other hand...

Trailer for 007: Skyfall

Yes! I love Daniel Craig as Bond. I am so pumped for this movie.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Hi y'all Diablo players.

I play on the North American servers (as likely most of ya do) so here's my nametag if someone wants to add and play and/or chit chat alongside some fun questing, just add on the message where i might know ya. <3 Nametag: Drz#2446
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

If the product is well made I'm not going to deny that it was well made. For all intents and purposes there was nothing wrong with A&O, it just wasn't something I wanted to read. WatXM on the other hand...
    It seems odd that you would give 9/10 to a story that is "an uninteresting bore" with main characters that are "dull, annoying, boring, and bad," but only 8/10 to Chew, which you seem to love.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

I can't freaking wait for Skyfall
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    3. I've heard a lot about Astonishing X-Men and how unlikely it is that another X-Men story will ever be able to match it's quality. Is that from Whedon's Astonishing X-Men? How does the artwork in Astonishing X-Men compare if it is not?
    Whedon's Astonishing was my intro to the 616, and I absolutely devoured it. Of course, I had no idea what was going on, having never read Morrison's New X-Men, but that didn't stop me from enjoying the hell out of it.

It's best to think of Whedon's Astonishing X-Men as a sequel to Morrison's New X-Men, and in retrospect, I prefer Morrison's run. However, Whedon was saddled with the enormous task of tying up (and attempting to make sense of) the loose threads Morrison left behind, and in doing so he produced a fabulously entertaining series. In particular, Whedon made a valiant attempt at explaining the infamous Xorn retcon (although even Whedon's mighty geek-fu couldn't quite succeed in making sense of it).

Whedon's conclusion however sucks badly with forced melodrama. It's best to check out Morrison's New X-Men. Jason Aaron's Wolverine & The X-Men is a good imitation of Morrison's run.

Batman Incorporated PREVIEW BABY!
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

BANNED

1. Colossus threw him. The "two words" Wolverine was referring to is the Fastball Special which is a maneuver Wolverine and Colossus do where Colossus throws Wolverine.
    Ah soz, I didn't see. Colossus was too small on my iPhone.

2+3. It's from Joss Whedon and John Cassaday's Astonishing X-Men run (which IGN rated as the greatest X-Men story...ever).
    Wow. That's just pure awesomesauce and from I've heard and seen, it seems to be streets ahead of any X-Men book I've ever read. I'll be Wikipedia-ing that in a bit. Sound. Thankyou. If there's any other info on the title that you want to give me, please fell free to do so.

Also thanks Wolverine12 who also replied.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Whedon's Astonishing was my intro to the 616, and I absolutely devoured it. Of course, I had no idea what was going on, having never read Morrison's New X-Men, but that didn't stop me from enjoying the hell out of it.

It's best to think of Whedon's Astonishing X-Men as a sequel to Morrison's New X-Men, and in retrospect, I prefer Morrison's run. However, Whedon was saddled with the enormous task of tying up (and attempting to make sense of) the loose threads Morrison left behind, and in doing so he produced a fabulously entertaining series. In particular, Whedon made a valiant attempt at explaining the infamous Xorn retcon (although even Whedon's mighty geek-fu couldn't quite succeed in making sense of it).
    Oh so I suppose I should read Whedon's New X-Men first.
    It all seems very large and very expensive and I am very picky when it comes to continuity. However if there's a a good amount of accessibility to new readers, continuity wise, I might consider getting it. I mostly only ever read the events in 616 and most people think they're shite so perhaps I'll be really surprised by how well it reads.

Elder Member

It seems odd that you would give 9/10 to a story that is "an uninteresting bore" with main characters that are "dull, annoying, boring, and bad," but only 8/10 to Chew, which you seem to love.
    My problem was is that I know next to nothing about Armor, Quire, and Summers, but I feel like if I did I would have cared about them more.

It all seems very large and very expensive and I am very picky when it comes to continuity. However if there's a a good amount of accessibility to new readers, continuity wise, I might consider getting it. I mostly only ever read the events in 616 and most people think they're shite so perhaps I'll be really surprised by how well it reads.
    1. Morrison's New X-Men
    2. Whedon's Astonishing X-Men
    then the rest of Astonishing X-Men up-to-date.
    Last edited by wyokid; 05-21-2012 at 12:31 PM.

I know I sound like a salesman, but if cost is a concern, there's always Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited. All of Morrison's New X-Men and all of Whedon's Astonishing X-Men is on there.