Page 49 of 334 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
    Elder Member

Horror films are a perfect example of better films on VHS than Blu-Ray.

Last edited by wyokid; 05-15-2012 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    First X-Men looks awesome. Wolverine pre-weapon x and nazi hunting Magneto in one book!!! Sign me up.
    Agreed! It's definitely a change of pace from the current X-books, but in a good way. The story of how Professor Xavier founded the X-men is pretty well-known. The story of his own youth isn't quite as clear and this story sounds like it will fill in a rather large gap in his history. Throw in a bone clawed Wolverine and a Nazi hunting Magneto and you've got yourself a winner! I'm definitely on board for this.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Gameplay goes beyond what happens when you press each button on the controller. It's also how the player interacts with the content. Graphics and sound quality are very much a part of this, especially now that large TVs and surround systems are becoming more and more common. I'm not just talking about just talking about in-game mechanics.
    But that's what most people talk about when they talk about gameplay. They are separate from the audio and visual aspects.

From the oxford dictionary:
    noun
    [mass noun]

the features of a computer game, such as its plot and the way it is played, as distinct from the graphics and sound effects.

If Halo: Reach was using the Mii-style graphics from Wii Sports, it would not be a good game.
    If Grand Turismo used Mario Kart graphics, it would not be a good game.
    Conversely, if Mario Kart used Grand Turismo graphics, it would not be a good game.
    In all these examples, if the games played the same I'd argue they would be good games. You could argue the graphics might be inappropriate for them but they wouldn't be bad games.

And going back to your previous discussion with wyo about CoD cel-shading changing the gameplay. It wouldn't. The things concerning the gameplay would remain the same. Such as the gun mechanics (rate of fire, recoil, damage done, reload time, modifications you can make to them etc.), the health mechanics, any cover mechanics and things like the number of weapons you can carry.

And going back to my post from yesterday, I put more importance on the gameplay over graphics. It's why I still play things like the original Age of Empires (with the Rise of Rome expansion pack) and Mario Kart 64 (because I don't like the handling of the new karts, especially in Battle Mode).

Elder Member

Alright caught up on the last episodes of Young Justice.

Young Justice, Season 2 Episode 2 "Earthlings": Adam Strange reciting AiW was, by far, the highlight of the whole entire series (although they kinda killed it by adding "his last name is Strange"). Beast Boy needs to jump off of a cliff into a vat of acid hung above a pool of lava after tearing out his vocal chords. To see one of my favorite characters destroyed like this is bitter. Miss Martian wasn't annoying, which was a MAJOR problem in the last season, so they improved on that. Superboy is still an unlikable asshole (yet another one of my favorite characters ruined, but that was already happening in the reboot so no big surprise here). This Justice League plot needs to end fast because it is one of the worst JL plots I've seen and is up there with Identity Crisis. 6/10

Young Justice, Season 2 Episode 3 "Alienated": Beast Boy is STILL annoying. Miss Martian is once again annoying. What the League did in the 16 hours has to be the biggest letdown since...well, DC has had a lot of letdowns lately. Aqualad caused my faced to be palmed a lot. This whole episode was boring and anything with the Bat-Family should never be boring, but it was. 6/10

Seriously, this show is so cliche, paint-by-numbers, and dull. DC needs to be taking more risks and adding in more fun like they did with Teen Titans and their DC Nation shorts.

Let's look at IGN's scores for the two episodes: 7/10 and 7/10

After work I'm gonna catch up on Green Lantern: The Animated Series, hopefully that has gotten better in the past four episodes.

BANNED

Gameplay goes beyond what happens when you press each button on the controller. It's also how the player interacts with the content. Graphics and sound quality are very much a part of this, especially now that large TVs and surround systems are becoming more and more common. I'm not just talking about just talking about in-game mechanics.
    Yeah. Gameplay goes beyond button prompts, I know that. Also the "physics" (something you discussed even before me) that lend a hand in the immersion or the realism of the game. But physics such as the weight of each object are a gameplay mechanic that serves a purpose to the gameplay itself. It practically is the gameplay like you said in games such as Portal. And that means it isn't aesthetic because it goes beyond visual purposes.

Graphics however are something else entirely. And it doesn't take a gaming expert to figure that out. Graphics are aesthetic, visual eyecandy and (so far in this debate) you have given no reason (yet) that graphics serve any purpose to gameplay elements.

Now I like my games to look good. Don't get me wrong I have great admiration and appreciation toward graphics. But they serve only to look absolutely frikkin amazing. Like the Mona Lisa Smile, it serves an aesthetic purpose only.

BANNED

Though arkon explained it much better than me. Didn't realise he'd posted.

Unless you're talking about the comparisons from 2D to 3D, I don't see how graphics add to the gameplay in games.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    First X-Men looks awesome. Wolverine pre-weapon x and nazi hunting Magneto in one book!!! Sign me up.
    Yeah, thats a great sales pitch alongside Adams' art. I just wish this took part on it's own bubble-universe like Batman: Odyssey did, this just reminds me of Matthew Vaughn shrugging at continuity fans bitching how non-comic this was, and he just states there are gazillion X-Men origins out there. Still, i hope Magneto has alot of charisma in this book.

I'm definitely intrigued. But there's also a big possibility of this making everything 1000 times more confusing than it already is. And it looks like Sabretooth is going to be a founding member of both the X-Men and the Avengers thanks to consecutive retcons.
    Haha yeah i'm glad you also noticed that Sabretooth is both an original X-Men member and an Avenger now. =D

PS. C'mon theres an edit button for a reason! No need to triple spam!

Okay i finally believe there truly is an Guardians of the Galaxy movie in the makings.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

I demand Ant Man over a Guardians of the Galaxy movie! I think Ant Man would be so much better.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Edgar Wright's Ant-Man is getting more attention now, the best news about Avengers' success is ofcourse Marvel Studios expanding, but sadly it doesn't come without sacrifises such as Avengers: EMH getting replaced with a show that features Moviengers, so yeah Black Panther, Vision, Miss Marvel, Hank Pym and Wasp. :*( Oh well, 1 solid season and 1 solid half season is quarenteed awesome, unless the Man of Action team didn't ruin AEMH.

Batman #10 Variant cover:

Goodbye Owls! :D

Justice League #9 preview!
    Arkham Madness!
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    I demand Ant Man over a Guardians of the Galaxy movie! I think Ant Man would be so much better.
    Edgar Wright said recently that filming may begin this year!

ABC Rejects Jessica Jones show, but obviously want to push Hulk tv show, so Fall 2013 babies?!

Also:
    http://nebezial.deviantart.com/art/w...2F9888339&qo=8
    My Blog

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    I posted those
    Oh, did you? Thanks Wyo. I'm actually looking forward to it even more than Ultimate DWF. That image of Deadpool holding Hulk's head looked sick and I'm really looking forward to seeing the 616 Sentinel of Liberty get sliced up. I wonder who's gona be the afformentioned hero. Wolverine?

Elder Member

Found this article from 2002.

So, Spider-Man! Brilliant Disguise!; The Real Mild-Mannered Parkers Are in a Superhero's Fictional Lair

In the comics, Peter Parker, the mild-mannered photojournalist who is Spider-Man's alter ego, grew up at 20 Ingram Street, a modest, two-story boarding house run by his Aunt May in the heart of Forest Hills Gardens. The address actually exists and is home to a family named Parker: Andrew and Suzanne Parker, who moved there in 1974, and their two daughters.
    It gets weirder

a reporter from The Queens Tribune, a weekly newspaper, called Mrs. Parker and told her that the family's life was imitating Pop Art. He also told her that Spider-Man's greatest enemy, the Green Goblin, goes by the alias Norman Osborn, which is almost the same surname as Mrs. Parker's neighbor, Terri Osborne. Mrs. Osborne has lived across the street, at 19 Ingram, since 1979.
    and what Stan Lee thinks

''We've created two new celebrities,'' said Stan Lee, who created Spider-Man 40 years ago with Steve Ditko. Reached by phone at his Los Angeles office yesterday, Mr. Lee, 79, said that when Spider-Man was created in 1962, he made Peter Parker a Forest Hills resident, but, ''I never pinpointed his address.''

Mr. Lee was no longer writing the comic book in 1989, ''So someone else must have created that address,'' he said, adding, ''Spidey would have gotten a kick out of the coincidence, but Peter Parker, he would have loathed all this publicity revealing where he lives.''

So I saw a thread about this over on the X-forums and it made me wonder...

If you could have any Ultimate story-arc be made into an animated feature-length movie, akin to those good ones DC's known for, which arc would you choose?
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire