Page 34 of 334 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast
    Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    See, though, the Purifiers are just crazy bigots. The Equalists actually have a valid point. I find myself really wondering if they're bad or just using the wrong methods, because some of their ideas are hard not to agree with.

Think about it. The city is governed by five Benders, one of whom represents the "Air Nomads", which consists of four Airbenders, Pema, and those other guys we saw in "Leaf in the Wind." Yet Tenzin gets as much of a vote for thirty people, max, as does the Earth Nation's ambassador for thousands, possibly millions, of Earth Nation civilians. There's also not any non-Bender representative on the Council.

The police force is a bunch of Metal Benders, who go around in their airships arresting people. The powerplants are worked by Fire-Benders using Lightning. The city's filled with gangsters called "Triple Triads" who use their Bending to intimidate people, and hardly anything's being done about it. The only athletes we see that are watched/listened to are Pro-Benders.

The Equalists also really haven't done anything "evil" to anyone who was, per say, innocent. The people we say Amon take Bending away from? All Triple Triad members (and he thought Bolin was, as well.) He's messing with Korra, sure, but she's pretty much let him know she's going to try and stop him from succeeding in his revolution.

So far, I'm thinking they're people who've seen a major problem with Republic City and want it to be addressed. Far more relatable than the Purifiers. I mean, with Republic City, if you're not a Bender, so many doors close to you, and none of the Benders seem to care.
    Man, I REALLY need to start watching Avatar. I've actually never seen the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Ah come on, Rocket Raccoon would be campy fun. Besides did you have any problems with looking at very tall blue aliens that ripped off the name of a great cartoon show.
    I would say that it COULD be campy fun, not that it WOULD be campy fun. I'd still see the film, but I'm not sure mainstream audiences could accept a raccoon with a gun living in the same universe as Captain America and Iron Man. Lol.

I had every problem with Avatar. That movie was so overrated it made me want to vomit.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    I would say that it COULD be campy fun, not that it WOULD be campy fun. I'd still see the film, but I'm not sure mainstream audiences could accept a raccoon with a gun living in the same universe as Captain America and Iron Man. Lol.
    I'm thinking the same thing, especially since ROCKET RACCOOOOONNNN!!!!'s partner is a living tree...

I had every problem with Avatar. That movie was so overrated it made me want to vomit.

See that's where you and I differ. I can see the future man, I know these things. And I don't give a damn about the mainstream audience.
    I WANT to see a gun manic raccoon damnit. Everybody just needs to learn how to see a movie the Jer way.

Hey I feel asleep on it. So you appear to be in good company
    Any scientist who isn't willing to kill for science isn't really a scientist at all.

Went to the dentist. He was out of the room for awhile, so the anesthesia (sp?) wore off a bit, so the digging and scrapping hurt like hell. Only good part was the really cute assistant (Lindsey) coming in to check on me three or four times while he was off doing something . I got her to crack up a few times, like when I told the dentist I could guess her name for $50 (he owes me that money).

But my mouth is hurting really bad now. I have three or four more visits left. This is costing me a lot of money.
    Last edited by thecrimson; 05-11-2012 at 01:38 PM.
    Thank god comic fans are such a tiny little percentage of the audience needed for a successful film because apparently we not only hate fucking everything, we're willing to even pre-hate things...

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    ...But my mouth is hurting really bad now. I have three or four more visits left. This is costing me a lot of money.
    Move to Canada man, or Europe becuase we are awesome when it comes to things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Samorai_black View Post
    Move to Canada man, or Europe because we are awesome when it comes to things like that.
    I'd love to move to Canada, but for the rest of these teeth, I should probably let my dentist take care of them. The last tooth is an extraction, which I assume is going to hurt worse than the rest of these visits....

Hm, I want a sno-cone, but will it aggravate my tooth?
    Thank god comic fans are such a tiny little percentage of the audience needed for a successful film because apparently we not only hate fucking everything, we're willing to even pre-hate things...

Quote Originally Posted by Samorai_black View Post
    Move to Canada man, or Europe becuase we are awesome when it comes to things like that.
    I want to man, really bad but damn it's hard to do. First I need to get a company that will okay it.
    Any scientist who isn't willing to kill for science isn't really a scientist at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    I want to man, really bad but damn it's hard to do. First I need to get a company that will okay it.
    Hey there, Jer. How goes it?

On Vacation

So I got done with my finals today. Geology wasn't too hard but damn I hate comprehensive tests. My Sociology final was online and and that was probably my best. My art final was just a final portfolio too hand in and damn when I got the grade back I was surprised what I got was a B really? that's better then what I thought I would get plus everyone else had C's or D's. And finally my retarded Literature final. Goddamn that class sucked. All we did was essays for homework. No quizzes and no tests. The final was just writing a 3 page essay in 1 hour and 45 minutes. I mean what the hell kind of final is that. 2 more years of college then I am done. I can't wait.

DC Nation preview! Fun Fact! WB/DC fucked up! The actual video teasers for Young Justice are not for tomorrow's episode, but for May 19th! Spoil yourself early on Roy Harper's fate!

"Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    So I got done with my finals today. Geology wasn't too hard but damn I hate comprehensive tests. My Sociology final was online and and that was probably my best. My art final was just a final portfolio too hand in and damn when I got the grade back I was surprised what I got was a B really? that's better then what I thought I would get plus everyone else had C's or D's. And finally my retarded Literature final. Goddamn that class sucked. All we did was essays for homework. No quizzes and no tests. The final was just writing a 3 page essay in 1 hour and 45 minutes. I mean what the hell kind of final is that. 2 more years of college then I am done. I can't wait.
    Great to hear you managed to get through those pesky finals.

Why is Parker still Spider-Man?

Marvel Teases "The First X-Men."
    Last edited by thecrimson; 05-11-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    Hey there, Jer. How goes it?
    It goes wonderfully. :D

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Grading a 30 3 page essays! That guy is fucking nuts. That gives me nightmares just thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    I'm thinking the same thing, especially since ROCKET RACCOOOOONNNN!!!!'s partner is a living tree...

*hugs*

So one of my friends in the art program at college with me took a trip to NYC with some other art students. She just updated her FB status with this: "We just met an actor (Andrew Garfield) on the street and got a picture with him!"

She is so damn lucky. I am beyond jealous.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake