Page 33 of 334 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    How can I answer the question if I don't know who they are???
    Wait, how far behind ARE you? I think the Equalists have been mentioned every episode, so I have to assume you mean the Purifiers (enemies of the X-Men; something I mentioned in my previous posts). The Purifiers want to get rid of all mutants, by killing them.
    Thank god comic fans are such a tiny little percentage of the audience needed for a successful film because apparently we not only hate fucking everything, we're willing to even pre-hate things...

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    Wait, how far behind ARE you? I think the Equalists have been mentioned every episode, so I have to assume you mean the Purifiers (enemies of the X-Men; something I mentioned in my previous posts). The Purifiers want to get rid of all mutants, by killing them.
    No I know who the purifiers are. I'm behind on Korra.

No I know who the purifiers are. I'm behind on Korra.
    What episode are you on?
    Thank god comic fans are such a tiny little percentage of the audience needed for a successful film because apparently we not only hate fucking everything, we're willing to even pre-hate things...

Elder Member

What episode are you on?
    No clue. I can't even remember anything from the episodes I did watch. Never watching cartoons at 4 AM ever again. I DO remember that there were these evil guys who were taking away people's bending abilities, which was evil enough for me to remember lol. If they are who you're talking about then I guess there are similarities.

No clue. I can't even remember anything from the episodes I did watch. Never watching cartoons at 4 AM ever again. I DO remember that there were these evil guys who were taking away people's bending abilities, which was evil enough for me to remember lol. If they are who you're talking about then I guess there are similarities.
    Yes, those are the Equalists lol. I admit there are similarities, but Purifiers want mutants killed (even depowered ones), while it seems the Equalists really do want equality (meaning benders would still be alive, just no longer able to bend).

Elder Member

Yes, those are the Equalists lol. I admit there are similarities, but Purifiers want mutants killed (even depowered ones), while it seems the Equalists really do want equality (meaning benders would still be alive, just no longer able to bend).
    Still evil.

Still evil.
    Lol that's just generalizing it. All such groups are similar if we're using that criteria.

I'm off to bed now.

Elder Member

Lol that's just generalizing it. All such groups are similar if we're using that criteria.

I'm off to bed now.
    An evil bed?

No one you would know without reading the other cosmic stuff lol I kid you not. HOWEVER who is important!

The latest episode of Avengers EMH has renewed my appreciation of Rocket Raccoon and any story that involves giving animals big guns. Since Marvel hasn't done much with Hit Monkey lately, I hope they give Rocket Raccoon some face time in future comics.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post

- Are you also bored out of Teen Titans and Superboy? This Harvest plot has gone too far, the plot is idiotic and makes no real sense, there is no tension whatsoever. I just want this NOWHERE plot to be dealt with, or atleast this Harvest thing, because watching another Hunger Games plot, granted with no political message, it's still an uinspired Battle Royale story now. I'm very excited for the upcoming issue of Superboy where he and Bunker will simply hang out in New York, thats what i wanna read!
    I'm the same. I didn't mind it for the first few issues but the storyline has outlived its welcome. I enjoy the team and their interactions but a lot of that has fallen by the wayside in the run up to this crossover. I was already bored with the NOWHERE storyline by issue 4 or 5, the fact we're still going with it just boggles my mind. Also the book's been nosediving in quality in recent issues. I think the last one I really enjoyed was the one with the Static Shock guest appearance, since then it's been downhill. Some of the character designs for the new characters look awful. Plus their names and powers... they just feel like throwaway villains that nobody's going to use again after this storyline. Also I'm not a massive fan of Booth's art, it does the job but I don't like the way he draws faces. It wasn't as much of a sticking point when I was enjoying the book, but now that I'm not it's just become another reason to drop it. I've subsequently dropped the book, I've given it more than enough chances. I may pick it up again when this storyline is over but it's likely going to be trade-waiting from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Yeah, that's I heard too. One guy was pretty adamant that they are filming it though ... I told him I thought there would have been bigger buzz about it if that were the case.

As for characters ... only one Rocket Raccoon. 'nuff said.

I don't know if I can see a character like Rocket Raccoon on the big screen. I don't think mainstream audiences could accept him as a superhero.

ROCKET RACCOOOOOOON!!!

I'd rather watch the making of that picture than the reboot.
    That is an awesome picture. I want to do that.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

I know! The preview looks SSSOOO good! I've been really loving Slott's run and it just keeps getting better!
    This is such a good book, since I started buying this book there has not been an issue I didnt like. Right now I have no idea whats going to happen. Spider-man and Silver Sable, another "hot" girl for Peter.

My friend wants to know the difference between the Equalists in The Legend of Korra and the Purifiers in the Marvel Universe.
    So far the Equalists seem to want balance, they want to stop being bullied by benders and show benders that they can be stopped. I sure this might change into something more in late issues. The purifiers want mutant kind dead and gone and will kill whom ever to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    The latest episode of Avengers EMH has renewed my appreciation of Rocket Raccoon and any story that involves giving animals big guns. Since Marvel hasn't done much with Hit Monkey lately, I hope they give Rocket Raccoon some face time in future comics.
    That episode was great. I am really enjoying this series and the season is turning out to be really interesting I look foward to watching each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Demon Knights #9: Probably the most underrated and underappreciated team comic out there, why aren't the hardcore feminists whiners raving this book? Not only is the team mostly compromised of females, this latest issue had a Lesbian Queen and that didn't receive any big deal, because Medieval DC doesn't care about that, it was a normal thing for them. I know alot of people got worned out by the character-driven 1st arc, but the pacing has gotten "normal" and all the characters are now known by the reader, it's all really cool heavy fantasy story.
    The first arc was a little long but the last few issues really picked up and the current arc is really good so far. I am loving this book and the cast is great, Xanadu being my favourite. wyokid I know you dilike for DC but if there was ever a book for you to read it would be this one.
    Last edited by Samorai_black; 05-11-2012 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    I don't know if I can see a character like Rocket Raccoon on the big screen. I don't think mainstream audiences could accept him as a superhero.

Ah come on, Rocket Raccoon would be campy fun. Besides did you have any problems with looking at very tall blue aliens that ripped off the name of a great cartoon show.
    Any scientist who isn't willing to kill for science isn't really a scientist at all.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Ah come on, Rocket Raccoon would be campy fun. Besides did you have any problems with looking at very tall blue aliens that ripped off the name of a great cartoon show.
    I HATE THAT MOVIE!

ROCKET RACCOOOOOONNNN!!!!

Still evil.
    See, though, the Purifiers are just crazy bigots. The Equalists actually have a valid point. I find myself really wondering if they're bad or just using the wrong methods, because some of their ideas are hard not to agree with.

Think about it. The city is governed by five Benders, one of whom represents the "Air Nomads", which consists of four Airbenders, Pema, and those other guys we saw in "Leaf in the Wind." Yet Tenzin gets as much of a vote for thirty people, max, as does the Earth Nation's ambassador for thousands, possibly millions, of Earth Nation civilians. There's also not any non-Bender representative on the Council.

The police force is a bunch of Metal Benders, who go around in their airships arresting people. The powerplants are worked by Fire-Benders using Lightning. The city's filled with gangsters called "Triple Triads" who use their Bending to intimidate people, and hardly anything's being done about it. The only athletes we see that are watched/listened to are Pro-Benders.

The Equalists also really haven't done anything "evil" to anyone who was, per say, innocent. The people we say Amon take Bending away from? All Triple Triad members (and he thought Bolin was, as well.) He's messing with Korra, sure, but she's pretty much let him know she's going to try and stop him from succeeding in his revolution.

So far, I'm thinking they're people who've seen a major problem with Republic City and want it to be addressed. Far more relatable than the Purifiers. I mean, with Republic City, if you're not a Bender, so many doors close to you, and none of the Benders seem to care.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire