Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

i think i liked E2 more than this and i already share my thoughts on that title, E2 its not that good and you get a pretty poor idea of what is going to be the new issues

but this
    well i think the dynamic, the characterization and action is very good
    Im just not sold on the characters themselves

both Mr Terrific and Huntress really damaged my opinion on this characters

so both Helena and Kara end up in another dimension
    and then Helena robs BW to get some living, and she becomes the huntress, this I can understand cause, what else is she gonna do?
    but then we get that there was a Helena on E0 and died, why?, it feels unnecessary and disrespectful
    I think its funny that pretty much Gail Simone is one of the writers who got more screwed by the relaunch, her characters fridge and deleted or regressed to a lesser form
    maybe is just a coincidence

then Kara uses her "scientific knowledge?" to build her own company to build a machine to go back to her own earth
    why?

and then she suddenly becomes a superhero, NOW
    why?

she never bother to use her powers to help ANYONE

this is something that i thought a lot before the issue even came out and this didnt do anything to clarify
    the use of Mr Terrific's awful version of Kara was a terrible idea

I just have no idea where this is going, i feel like this is going to be a Guiligan Island scenario, basically all the issues will be about trying to leave the island, and they will never leave it as a rule
    Kara and Helena(or Hel) will never go back to E2, and if they do the title is canceled
    and is almost made worse by the fact that Mr Terrific did it, and had the capacity to do it all the time, but Kara never asked him for whatever reason

this is a couple of characters that lies, steals and deceives for no real reason, not to mention Kill in the case of Huntress, they are just selfish
    they are so alienated from E0 on every way that i dont see why is this set on it

it could easily take place on E2

Im giving this a 6 out of 10

just not impress
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

The really horrible thing is, they're better off in the DCnUniverse, since the world they came from is a ruined shambles.
    Everything I state is JUST MY OPINION. Take what you like and leave the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kage Kisaragi View Post
    First let me say I totally called it in terms why Karen, possibly using Michael for his brains/tech. Not particularly happy about how she made it sound so casual, didn't really get the straight arrow comment either. She either cared or she didn't. I wasn't a big fan of the artwork really, but it was far from horrible, still not feeling the outfit change for PG, but at least its more in line with Huntress as oppose to what pre-reboot PG looked like, to which she would have definitely stood out more and made the duo look far less serious, though I still prefer the old look and will probably never accept anything else unless its damn good. For the story, well its only one issue, and finding out that Huntress doesn't even think that that worlds Batman is Bruce Wayne is kind of odd, considering she just stole from Wayne Industries.
    IMO, that should be interesting meeting on Earth 2. Kinda of Funny he was able to build a bridge so easy and she cannot even get her project off the ground. Things would be so much easier if she just asked. Which reminds me seeing as Holt just straight up disappeared I wonder if she is going to get investigated that stolen tech would point to a motive.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

I'm going to agree with ArnoldoAAD when it comes to this book, which hasn't happened that often when it comes to the topic of PG and Mr. Terrific.

These two come off as INCREDIBLY selfish in order to fit the DCnU timeline. Even ignoring that, they just don't give a crap about this world.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Not a bad comic by any means, but very middle of the road. The dialogue was flat, the characterisation of Helena and Karen almost non-existent and the art was OK.

Overall, it was inoffensive, but largely forgettable stuff. Hence this brief review.

"The Tardis, when working properly, is capable of many amazing things. Not unlike myself."

I liked Earth 2 quite a bit, but I liked Worlds' Finest more. As someone said, but for Power Girl's costume, this would have been almost perfect. I loved the byplay between Kara and Helena---they felt more like best friends then Kara and Atlee ever did. And Worlds' Finest had something not a lot of DC's books have for me this days---it was just simply fun!
    Try my Blog!

And visit me on Facebook here!

I really liked it. If it continues well, I will get this regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8maven View Post
    The really horrible thing is, they're better off in the DCnUniverse, since the world they came from is a ruined shambles.
    Karen wants to return to save their world before it is ruined.

I do agree that it is odd that in five years she had no interest in helping people, she was just amassing a fortune in research and technology to try to get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    I'm going to agree with ArnoldoAAD when it comes to this book, which hasn't happened that often when it comes to the topic of PG and Mr. Terrific.

These two come off as INCREDIBLY selfish in order to fit the DCnU timeline. Even ignoring that, they just don't give a crap about this world.
    Help nuEarth and it's hundreds of superhumans an intact economies? Or try to get back home, which could have been reinvaded and they were the only heroes?

I think it's a lot more ambiguous than you think.

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post

Best Moment in the book! she REALLY should have stuck with that, its a billion times better than that Abomination shes now using as a outfit. and from this page its un likley she would object to it too much
    At least they didn't take away her big boobs...THANK GOD.
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

Veteran Member

This was... okay.

The writing itself was pretty solid (Better than what I was expecting from Levitz) and the interaction between the two heroines was enjoyable.

My biggest problem here is the characterization, I have no problems with Helena's portrayal since she has the same personality even if her last name changes. The problem is Kara and how Levitz is portraying her, I mean she "borrows" technology, she's willing to "Break 7 of the 10 commandments to go back home", she's more serious than the frikking Huntress for Pete's sake!. God, i hope that Levitz starts injecting some humor on her or even better, Maguire starts injecting some humor on her.

Speaking of that, I still mantain my opinion about how Perez' work has really declined, the way he draws faces is really awkward (Jerry Ordway awkward), quite different from what he used to do. However, Maguire still is able to deliver a beautiful and expressive work, definitely the highlight of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    This was... okay.

The writing itself was pretty solid (Better than what I was expecting from Levitz) and the interaction between the two heroines was enjoyable.

My biggest problem here is the characterization, I have no problems with Helena's portrayal since she has the same personality even if her last name changes. The problem is Kara and how Levitz is portraying her, I mean she "borrows" technology, she's willing to "Break 7 of the 10 commandments to go back home", she's more serious than the frikking Huntress for Pete's sake!. God, i hope that Levitz starts injecting some humor on her or even better, Maguire starts injecting some humor on her.

Speaking of that, I still mantain my opinion about how Perez' work has really declined, the way he draws faces is really awkward (Jerry Ordway awkward), quite different from what he used to do. However, Maguire still is able to deliver a beautiful and expressive work, definitely the highlight of the issue.
    1. Try losing a family (Clark and Lois) or better yet an entire world without given time to even pay her respect to her fallen loved ones or wonder how that world needed them more than ever, why shouldn't she be more serious?!

2. The problem with Perez faces now is that he's modelling them according to him, to some real living ladies. Which could capture certain imperfections, unlike drawing perfect faces as one would imagine as beautiful. I'd rather see Karen and Huntress as perfect beauties rather than someone who looked like George's friends with 80's hair and "human" imperfections.

Overall, I'm giving this versions of Power Girl and Huntress a shot at growing on me. Since they aren't the same heroines that we've loved before, I'd rather not compare that Power Girl is "FUN" the last time I read her own title and this one not so much. Remember, the old PG moved on already and accepted/embraced the Earth she's in. Hence she's happy and contented and focused. As this NEW PG just haven't moved on yet. She's still feeling the lost. She's not yet complete! And there's a lot of time for her to grow. Who knows, maybe she'll end developing into how and what the old PG was.
    Last edited by jnocomski; 05-02-2012 at 07:16 PM.

*sigh* Really guys? I mean its not a big deal their is no windo....*sees photo of Power Girl's clothes ripped* My god....

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by gwydion View Post
    I loved the byplay between Kara and Helena---they felt more like best friends then Kara and Atlee ever did.
    Well, to be honest Kara and Atlee's relationship was'nt as much as best friends, I would say they were more like lovers (Which was kinda awkward considering that Atlee was'nt legal).

BANNED

ok i liked the art more than i expected, the panel where PG flys off after getting her sucktastic costume and the fallowing page where she gets thrown thru the wall where really well drawn (thoose 2 pages even i dare say even made the horrific costume look mildly goodish)
    Last edited by Movieartman; 05-02-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by jnocomski View Post
    1. Try losing a family (Clark and Lois) or better yet an entire world without given time to even pay her respect to her fallen loved ones or wonder how that world needed them more than ever, why shouldn't she be more serious?!
    This isn't the first time she loses her world and her loved ones and that did'nt make her start robbing and willing to commit other crimes to return home, it did'nt make her serious either (Except in the early 90's but DC did'nt know what to do with her at the time).

I'd rather not compare that Power Girl is "FUN" the last time I read her own title and this one not so much. Remember, the old PG moved on already and accepted/embraced the Earth she's in. Hence she's happy and contented and focused. As this NEW PG just haven't moved on yet. She's still feeling the lost. She's not yet complete! And there's a lot of time for her to grow. Who knows, maybe she'll end developing into how and what the old PG was.
    I certainly hope so but the character has'nt debuted in the way that I was expecting so I'm disappointed. Still, as always I'm willing to give her a chance.